Quantcast Need help - boyfriend tired of Disney - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Do like I do with my BF, force him!Or you can nag about how much you NEED to go to WDW until he cracks! [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img] It always works for me ! Seriously though, my BF, b/c of my persistence, has slowly but surely gotten to enjoy WDW. It took some time, but I like to let him have some input, like where to stay at, where he wants to eat, where he wants to shop at,etc (even though he doesn't mind when I run the show [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] ) . He likes to relax when we are there , so we take some time to just sit back and enjoy a meal, a snack, just people watch and take a few naps, oh and of course let him watch his beloved ESPN (they have every ESPN channel in the rooms, unfortunately [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img] it takes forever to get him to drop that remote) . Basically, I recommend that you get him involved. Sit down at the computer together read through the boards here at Intercot, look at the resort pages on the Disney website and have Intercot radio playing in the background! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] And if that doesn't work then maybe the ESPN thing will ! [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img]

[ April 18, 2005, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: TinyTink ]
    Next Trip: October 19-21, 2007
    All You Need is Love

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Your poor thing! [img]smile.gif[/img] I thought I was going to have the same problem with my boyfriend (now husband, so obviously it worked out). Before our first trip together to Disney I explained how much there was to do, etc., but I planned an itinerary that would include the down time he likes.

Some suggestions: skip the early mornings in the park and have a late breakfast or brunch first (this may not work in busy season)

build in pool time or water park time in the afternoons

tour the bars/lounges in the evenings--we picked a different one each night and had a relaxing glass of wine (also a good way to see several resorts)

let me sleep in, golf, read or whatever while you hit the parks!
    WDW Trips:<br /><br />1979 (offsite)<br />1986 (offsite)<br />1991 (Disney Inn)<br />1995 (All Star Movies)<br />1996 (Caribbean Beach)<br />2000 (offsite)<br />2001 (offsite)<br />2002 (offsite)<br />2003 (AKL/WL)<br />2004 (offite)<br />coming up: April/May 2005 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

i'm the disney nut ... my husband "likes" it .. but not that much.

We compromise. We vacation there over two years (using the APs, so we just pay once for tickets) ... then take a couple years off. Of course, i go thru withdrawal (grinning - just joking ... i like all our vacations!) i get my fix from being here

We've gone to Greece, San Francisco, Hilton Head, Virginia Beach, just lots of day trips around here ... etc.
    ~~Barb~~
    AKL Jambo House - 3/31/12 - 4/8/12
    BWV - 10/07
    BCV - 11/30 - 12/10/04
    BCV - 12/03 (Christmas at WDW)
    Contemp - 10/98
    Contemp - 12/97

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: