Quantcast Packing kids' clothes in Ziploc bags - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been packing my clothes in ziploc bags for years now(since my air force days) I'm glad to know I am not the only one! Now they are a must-have for my 3DD's. Easy to pack, no "what was I suppossed to wear with this?" mornings, and if I forget to plug the drain hole on the ice chest( again), the clothes are protected.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you guys are silly!

But... I think I am gonna try this next trip. We have issues in the morning with DD and DS.

Johnny Po!
    1978 - 1984 too many to count - OffSite
    2000 - POFQ, MOWC (Sept)
    2001 - CS, Offsite (Jan) ASM (June) POFQ (Sept)
    2004 - POFQ (Sept)
    2005 - WL (June) AKL (Sept)
    2008 - Poly (Nov)
    2009 - Poly Club (July)
    2011 - BC Club (Sept)
    2013 - BWI Club(Aug)

Post Thanks / Like

I had no idea so many people actually did this! Thank you for all the tips. I will start looking for the 2 gallon bags at Target this weekend.

DN is so painfully slow getting up in the morning that anything I can do to make her get dressed faster is a plus!
    Next trip: May 29-June 5 2007, Caribbean Springs Resort
    Previous Trips: May 2005 POFQ; May 2004 Off-site with 50 Elementary Schoolers; September 2002: Contemporary Resort; March 2002 Off-site; May 2001 Animal Kingdom Lodge; March-June 2000: Vista Way, WDWCP

Post Thanks / Like

WOW i've never heard of packing your clothes in ziploc bags....the only thing i've packed in those things was food...lol
    [I][B]1983--Mom's tummy
    1987-1994- Orlando house
    1995- CBR
    1996- POR
    1999- CBR
    2000- CBR
    2000- DL Resort
    2005- Off-Site --Never again!
    October 2011- Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

I looked for the 2 gallon bags at Target today, but couldn't find any. I did see the Hefty Jumbos though. I'll keep looking until next month. If I don't find them, at least I know I can get the Hefty's!
    Previous Trips: May 2005 POFQ; May 2004 Off-site with 50 Elementary Schoolers; September 2002: Contemporary Resort; March 2002 Off-site; May 2001 Animal Kingdom Lodge; March-June 2000: Vista Way, WDWCP

Post Thanks / Like

A couple years ago, we took our Girl Scout troop to WDW for their year end trip. (they used the money they got from selling cookies to fund the trip). We spent one day at MK, and the next day we went to BB. We gave the girls each a Hefty Jumbo bag before we left for home so that each girl could pack an extra set of clothes. We had their name written in Sharpie on each bag and we took them in a laundry basket into the park. After the day of fun was over, each girl grabbed their bag, headed to the bathroom and changed from a wet swimsuit, which went into the bag, into their dry clothes. It was so easy to keep track of all their items by using this hint. All the bags with their wet stuff went back into the laundry basket and was packed back into the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by delarosa:
    I looked for the 2 gallon bags at Target today, but couldn't find any. I did see the Hefty Jumbos though. I'll keep looking until next month. If I don't find them, at least I know I can get the Hefty's!
    I saw some of the 2 gallon size today at Kroger if you have this store in your area.

[ April 16, 2005, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: Beast_fanatic ]
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Rhonda! I am a big fan of the K-Roger. Actually I need to go grocery shopping one day this week anyway. I'll check.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all sooo much for this tip! I started packing last night and it is miraculous. Everything takes up so much less room this way. Though DH asked me if I was going to **** the air out (I was using a straw to make them extra air-tight) when the clothes were dirty. Ew.

Thanks again! Yet another reason I love Intercot.

4 mores days til I see [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    ~~Julie~~

Post Thanks / Like

Not only do the ziplocks do a great job of making morning's a little easier and streamlining packing - consider those times that your luggage gets picked by TSA for a hand search. My bag was hand searched on my last trip and when I got to my destination and opened my suitcase it looked like a gorilla had gone bezerk!!!! [img]graemlins/tiki.gif[/img] I had failed to follow my own habit of packing and paid a price for it. My DD's bag was also searched but all of her things were in ziplock bags. The only way you knew hers had been searched was the notice they stick in your bag. Time to stock up on more ziplocks!!
    2010 - WDW/Cont, DLR/DLH, DLR/GC, DLR/PP, DCL 7 Day
    2009 - DLR/DLH, GCH, and PP; WDW/WL, AKL, Cont
    2008 - DLR/DLH, and GCH; WDW/GF, AKL and PO
    2007- DLR/GCH and DLH;11 Night Med; WDW/POR
    2006 - DCL 7 Day, 10 Day; DLR/GCH; WDW/Cont
    2005 - DLR/GCH; WDW/Cont
    and many times before!

Post Thanks / Like

went to ALDI grocery store here and they had zipperloc bags there in the 2 gallon size.

Post Thanks / Like

I was able to find 2 gallon bags at Kroger today. But they are not the slider top ones, which I prefer. I'm going to try out a few of my outfits in them and see if they stay shut well.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

You can remove the air from the bags with your vacuum cleaner hose attachment. This will make a days change of clothes as flat as a pancake. Campers use this trick to save space in their packs. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by mickeynuts:
    We used to do this, but have stopped because of how the bags slip around on each other, making them hard to stack nicely in the suitcase or in the drawer at the resort. I found myself fishing through a sea of bags looking for one bag per child.
    What we do now is fold together a full day's clothes for each person (socks, undies, accessories folded inside the shirt and shorts) and then stack everyone's outfits for each day together. I then just open the suitcase and take out one big stack and all 6 of us have everything for the day. We usually do laundry once during the week and just fold the outfits together again so they are ready to go.
    As a side note, we dress alike (bright colored tshirts) every day for several reasons:
    1. so we can keep up with each other easily in a crowd
    2. so in the event of a lost child we can immediately describe what they are wearing, and they can immediately describe what we are wearing
    3. no fussing in the morning about who is going to wear what
    4. it looks cute in the pictures!
    [img]smile.gif[/img] Laura

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea. Another idea is to take a picture each morning of kids (digital or video) to use in case (God forbid) they got lost.

Jules. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by julieunruly:
    Good idea. Another idea is to take a picture each morning of kids (digital or video) to use in case (God forbid) they got lost.

Jules. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    That's a great idea, now that we've finally caught up with the times and bought a digital camera it's one we will be using!
    [img]smile.gif[/img] Laura

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: