Quantcast What do you take with you into the parks...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I am just curious..do you bring a backpack? Just a pocket book...just yourself? If you bring in a bag what do you put in it? Snacks, water? Just trying to figure out what we need to lug around each day and what size bag or backpack to bring.

thanks
    CC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We bring a small Jansport backpack to the parks. In it we carry our mini-camcorder, digital camera, a spray fan, Brita water bottle, Tylenol, Pepto, and Tums, our sons diabetic supplies, sunscreen, a small pack of baby wipes, and 4 of the cheap ponchos.

It's not very heavy and I like to be prepared. I usually carry it around and it's not a bother. My husband carries the money & park tickets in his wallet.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Good question, I was wondering the same thing and planning to bring/wear a fanny pack (which I hate but wanted to have free hands for rides, etc.). What do you do with a backpack/purse while riding rides....Is that a stupid question???

Post Thanks / Like

No I don't think that is a stupid question..I was just going to post the same one..I am curious.

CC

Post Thanks / Like

We try to travel fairly light. We do each wear a fanny pack and the rule is that if it can't fit in there then you don't need it.

Since my wife is diabetic we do all carry a few pieces of hard candy and some medications for her. I also have some serious health conditions so my medications go along as well. A word of caution on medications - only take along enough for the day and make sure you have something along proving that it has been legally prescribed.

We all also have along a couple packages of snack crackers/cookies. I am talking about those individual packages that have like six cookies or crackers in them. These make a great way to tide you over between meals and are convenient when standing in line.

Of course, we have our money in our fanny pack as well. We don't actually carry our wallets so what we do is put our bills and change in one zip lock bag and then we put our credit cards, park tickets, and I.D. in another zip lock bag. This keeps things organized and sweat/water proof. This can be especially important at the waterparks or the rapids ride in Animal Kingdom. Also, by keeping credit cards and money in separate bags if you loose one you still have the other.

Other then that we generally just have a few band aids, a sample tube size container of sun screen, sun glasses, and maybe some gum.

I always laugh when I see people trying to take half their homes with them into the park. When I see that I sometimes wonder if people think they are going for a hike through a dessert or something. I also realize that prices are high for food and drinks, but with a few snacks in your fanny pack, a good breakfast in your belly and a plan for one really good meal in mid-afternoon you can really keep the cash outlay pretty limited.

Post Thanks / Like

We take a backpack, not too large. In it are our ponchos, inhaler for my husband, assorted pills for my headaches, camera, video cam if we bought it, sweater for me, drinks fit in when we buy them. It's never very heavy. When we buy gifts thay usually fit in it too. Always bring some headache medicine, I once forgot mine and Advil were a dollar a piece!!! The backpack fits on all the rides, usually in a compartment provided on the ride or we just hold it. My DH holds it for Rock n Rollercoaster and ToT, I'm always afraid I'll drop it. [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a couple of Nike bags that have draw strings. They really help because they are stable enough to keep our things, flexible enough to carry in your lap while riding, and only opens at the top so noone can get into it while in crowds.

That being said, when it's just me and my boys, we carry very little. When my wife goes, we carry most of the hotel room.
    First visit-1972
    Contemporary-Ft Wilderness-Royal Palace/DTD-AS Music-AS Movies-AS Sports-Coranado Springs-Pop Century-Animal Kingdom Lodge-Port Orleans Riverside-Hilton/DTD-Port Orleans French Quarter-Caribbean Beach
    Last visit-Mar 2011
    Next visit-Sep 2011

WarEagle

Post Thanks / Like

So there's a compartment on most rides for bags?? Sorry to sound so out of the loop but I am planning my first trip to disney in over 10 yrs and bringing my family....What do you do with bags on rollercoasters?? Do all of the rides have compartments?

Post Thanks / Like

Not all attractions have compartments for bags. You can leave things with those not riding, in strollers, some attractions will let you leave things at your own risk, or you can just attach things to your body and hold on tight.
    First visit-1972
    Contemporary-Ft Wilderness-Royal Palace/DTD-AS Music-AS Movies-AS Sports-Coranado Springs-Pop Century-Animal Kingdom Lodge-Port Orleans Riverside-Hilton/DTD-Port Orleans French Quarter-Caribbean Beach
    Last visit-Mar 2011
    Next visit-Sep 2011

WarEagle

Post Thanks / Like

LOL, I've tried them all....shoulder bags, backpack, money straps, etc.

I finally bought myself very good day pack that can be used as a fanny pack, shoulder bag, backpack, attach to a full size backpack or carried by a hand strap. I just love it, it was well worth the $$$.

It has a netted water bottle holder, another spot for my mini-travel umbrella (great for instant shade in the heat!), and enough room to carry everything else I need (wallet, digital camera, cell phone, etc.)

I use it as a fanny pack in the parks to leave my hands free. When I board a ride I just swing it around to my side or the front of me and it is very easy to board a ride, even those with lap bars and seat belts.

I used to carry a backpack but I got tired of putting it on and taking it off every time I boarded a ride, attraction, bus, etc.

Hope this helps. Have a great trip!
    Nancy

DL - May 6-9, 2012
    DL - July 19-23, 2012
    CBR - Sept. 1-9, 2012
    Pop & Disney Dream - Sept. 29-Oct. 11, 2012
    Pop & Disney Dream - Dec. 8-17, 2012

Feb. 3-5, 2013 - AoA Cars - Anniversary
    Feb. 5-9, 2013 - The Poly - Anniversary
    Feb. 23-Mar. 1 - 2013 - Disney Magic - DH's 60th BDay

Post Thanks / Like

The day pack sounds great....who makes it or where did you get it???

Post Thanks / Like

I use a kid's Stitch backpack (basically looks like a stuffed Stitch toy with a zipper on the back). It's cute, it's small, and it squishes down nicely on the rollercoasters. Also makes for some cute pictures on Splash and RnRC. I just got a Mike Wazowski backpack on Ebay from someone in England, so he'll also come along on the next trip.

I only carry my AP, ID, credit card, DDE card, face powder compact and lip gloss/lipstick (gotta look fresh for those character pics!), band-aids, anti-bacterial hand gel, and a small brush.

DH just takes the digital camera, or if we decide to take our digital camcorder, he uses a very small bag that can hold both.

[ April 01, 2005, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: SurferStitch ]
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

would also love to know where you got that bag. My usual pocket book is a Vera Bradley Backpack..so I was hoping to get away with just that but my digital camera isn't small.

Hmmm...guess after the first day I will know what I really need.

CC

Post Thanks / Like

Regular purse {Whatever I am carrying 'this season'}

Sunglasses {always on}
    contact lens case holder
    water bottle {refilled at water fountains}
    digital camera with xtra batteries
    sunscreen
    lip gloss
    wallet
    My fiancee and I met while working at Walt Disney World in Feb 2003. I was on the CP and he worked in the UK Pavilion @ EPCOT. We are getting married July 28, 2005 and hope to move back to Orlando after the wedding.

Post Thanks / Like

we take a backback to the parks due to one DS being in diapers and that stuff. we also take a change of clothes for each we put into ziploc bags and squeese out the air does not take up room. then we take our own water in bottles and DH takes diet Mt dew his soda of choice since he can not get it anywhere. with that it is enough and it really is not that heavy to carry.

Post Thanks / Like

What do I take with me into the parks?.... My kids!

1973 - Off Site
    1979 - Contemporary Resort
    1983- Off Site
    7/1994 - Port Orleans
    6/2003 - Off Site
    3/2005 - Coronado Springs Resort (5 Nights)
    April/May 2006 - Wilderness Lodge (8 Nights)
    Nov/Dec. 2007- Boardwalk (7 Nights)
    Next Trip: Nov/Dec 2010-Yacht Club (6 Nights)

Post Thanks / Like

I try not have to bring a bag into the parks at all so I'm not delayed by the bag search entering the parks.

Last trip I was entirely successful at that, but it was cold, so I didn't go on any of the water rides and didn't have to worry too much about my camera getting wet. On most days, I carried a small leather "wallet" that contained my room key, credit card (just in case) and cash; my rental car key; my cell phone; and a small notebook and pen (it attached to a belt loop). It only rained one evening, and I wore capri pants with an extra pocket that I put my poncho in (inside a ziploc bag). And, I carried my camera on its strap around my neck or over my shoulder.

This method worked for me.

[ April 01, 2005, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: Beast_fanatic ]
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

I bring just myself, with my wallet in one pocket and my cell phone in the other (I buy shorts that have zippered or buttoned pockets). I find it silly when I see people lugging around all their belongings. It's a day in a park, not a week in the desert. I understand that most people like to have their cameras, but I have more than enough pics of WDW that I don't even bother anymore. If I need a drink I'll buy it. I don't usually carry a purse or anything so I'm afraid I'd leave it behind somewhere if I brought one into the World. It's just easier to walk around without anything attached to you.
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

Now that we hit the parks without a stroller, we try to keep it as light as we can. However, I typically have either our camera or camcorder bag with extra film/disks/tape & a fanny pack which contains my AP, $$$, ID, chapstick, sunscreen stick, DS' disposable camera, snacks and aspirin.

Now, when we tooled around with the stroller, there was no limit to the things we took with us into the parks! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

We bring one medium backpack for the 4 of us; DH and I take turns carrying it. Inside it we have: camera, small snacks, diapers/wipes, hand sanitizer, change of clothes for boys, ponchos (on bad weather days), juice boxes, small toys for distracting boys in line, water bottle, Crystal Lite mini powders for use when refilling the water bottle, park maps. Sounds like a lot but really isn't too bad.
    Tavel
    Next trip - Disney Wonder and CS - Nov. 2007

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: