Quantcast Impending Proposal for Marriage

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I intend to take my girlfriend to Disney and propose to her....somewhere. I was thinking of doing the DreamMaker Romance plan....and propose on the Cinderella Carraige ride. I have seen someone propose at the litle fountain in the middle of the All Sar Music resort. Kinda public...I prefer a more private andintimate setting. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] Any suggestions as to where I should do this and have any of you experienced this kind of "fantasy"??

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

[img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] Congrats on you upcoming engagement! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]

How about on a Fireworks cruise? It might be a little expensive but so romantic to ask her to marry you on a boat by yourself with firworks going off
    I included info from the intercot fireworks page below.
    --------------
    Disney World Fireworks Cruises

To reserve a boat, call 407-WDW-PLAY, exactly 90 days prior to the date you would like.
    These boats fill up FAST! There is a 24 hours cancellation policy and a credit card is required to book. Cruises are booked per boat, rather than per passenger and include a pilot

Magic Kingdom Area Fireworks Cruises
    The excursion lasts 50 minutes. The prices vary, depending on the party size, food, and decoration theme.

Level 1 - $200.00
    Up to 4 people.
    Includes: Boat, Driver, Sandwiches, Soda, Water & Snacks.

Level 2 - $275.00
    Up to 4 people.
    Includes: Boat, Driver, Sandwiches, Soda, Water, Snacks, Dessert, Fruit and Cheese.

Level 3 - $350.00
    Up to 4 people.
    Includes: Boat, Driver, Sandwiches, Soda, Water, Snacks, Dessert, Fruit & Cheese, A bottle of wine, bottle of champagne or beer, Decorations

Epcot Illuminations Area Cruises
    ----------------------
    Yacht and Beach Club Marina
    1-10 guests
    No food or beverages
    $120 plus tax
    -
    1-8 guests
    Decorations, food and beverages
    $186 plus tax
    -----------------------
    Boardwalk Marina
    1-12 guests
    No food or beverages
    $120 plus tax
    -
    1-7 guests
    Decorations, food and beverages
    $175 plus tax

[ February 25, 2003, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: Katmegali ]
    ~~The Brat~~

Adults are obsolete children. -- Dr. Seuss
    In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul.
    My reality has become warped!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Congratulations and welcome to Intercot! [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img]

I'm going to move this topic over to our Vacation Planning forum.

Good luck! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Jane

M A S E C A !

Team Billy - "I'm OK!"

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I don't know if this is a little more public then you intended, but I saw a couple get engaged in Cinderella Castle, in the Cinderella Royal Table Restaurant, just as the fireworks show was about to start.

When you are in the castle in time to see the fireworks show, they lower the lights inside and pipe the music into the room. Well, just before this happened, a waiter came out with a small box on a red velvet pillow, and went to the table. The guy then took the box, knelt down on the pillow, proposed, and the girl said yes, just as the lights started to go down. It was so romantic!!

Hope that helps some, and good luck finding the ideal place!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    MickeysGirl aka: Jamie
    Mrs_Nigel_C at your service! :)

And they lived happily ever after....

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Here are some links to previous threads on the same topic from our Archives:

Ways to Propose
    WDW Proposal Ideas
    Ideas for a memorable proposal at WDW
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

How wonderful! Congrats to you and your intended! Please let us know what you decide to do! We'd love to hear all about it!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all of your input!! There are some awesome ideas out there. Keep em' coming. What about the Sea Ray 21 docked at the GF?? They rent that dont they?

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Cinderella's Royal Table is a great idea. If you go for a cruise, I would do Illuminations. It is such a powerful and emotional piece of music and the imagery in the lagoon is wonderful. Right when they seguay from Reflections of Earth to We Go On is when I would drop down on a knee.

Of course, what I would really do is pop a message on the jumbo screen at Disney's Wide World of Sports during a Braves Spring Training game. Not that I have anyone to propose to... [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]
    Baseball by Day, Pleasure Island by Night<br />10th Annual Atlanta Braves Spring Training Trek<br />March 8 - 16, 2003

Post Thanks / Like

okay next to Cindy's castle - between the bridges going to tomorrowland and fantasyland is a rose garden -

if it is not closed off - try to get her there - lots of people just walk by it - so it is kind of private.
    Pat<br />DVC Owner OKW 93, BWV 95, VWL 00<br />too many off site and on site hotels<br />DVC resorts visit:<br />OKW 93 thru 2004 /BWV 95,97,99,02<br />VWL 2000 - 2003 /BCV 02

Post Thanks / Like

these are all such awsesome ideas!! WDW is definitely the perfect place! Hmm, now how can I get my guy to propose there for me with out asking?!! [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
    Nancy<br /><br />Former WDW Cast Member:<br /> Emporium 1996<br /> Studios Entertainment 1997<br /> All Star Cafe Merch 1997-1998<br /> Land Attractions 1999-2000<br /><br />WDWCP Fall/Spring 96-97, Fall 99<br /><br />Next visit: Nov. 22-29

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by princess jasmine's sis:
    these are all such awsesome ideas!! WDW is definitely the perfect place! Hmm, now how can I get my guy to propose there for me with out asking?!! [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
    Why don't you e-mail hime this thread?! :smile:

Lisa [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

My husband proposed on the balcony of our room at the Contemporary, just after the fireworks at MK. Disappointed that the display was over, he told me that the fireworks didn't have to end -- he then pulled out the ring and proposed (thus the beginning of our own fireworks show!) [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

It was very romantic and private (something he wanted) and allowed us the opportunity to order a celebratory bottle of wine right after from room service.

The next day at the MK we bought a glass picture frame with a Mickey on bended knee giving Minnie a flower etched on it. We also had it engraved with the date of our engagement.

In fact, we just got back from Disney World last night as a weekend get-a-way. It was just over 5 years ago that we were engaged there so my husband wanted to buy me something special. I am now proudly wearing a Mickey Mouse shaped "diamond" ring on my right hand.

Disney has always been a special place for me and our proposal there makes it all the more so. Now two kids later, we are enjoying it even more as a family.

Good luck...and congratulations to you and the lucky girl.

[ March 03, 2003, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: Disney Diamond ]
    Up Next... Swan & AKV ¨¨*:• 7/13

BC 7/12, 12/11, 7/11
    AS-Sports 7/12
    BC Villas 7/10, 7/09, 8/08
    WL 7/07, 8/06
    Poly & GF 10/05
    POR 05/05, 1/05, 9/03, 9/02
    POFQ 4/09, 1/06, 5/04
    Pop 11/08, 11/07
    CBR 2/03
    AS-Music 12/11, 10/01
    Contemporary 1/98

Post Thanks / Like

What a terrific story! Thanks for sharing it with us!
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I have to respectfully disagree about the Illuminations cruise being the best place to propose. The Magic Kingdom fireworks cruise would be much better. With the Magic Kingdom cruise you have her in the middle of a big lake when you ask, of COURSE she's going to say yes. With the Illuminations cruise she's only a few feet from shore and I've never seen any alligators in the Epcot lagoon

....There's always room for one more....

Post Thanks / Like

Ok....the engagement went off without a hitch. We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge Resort so we could be close to transportation and I like riding the boats... [img]smile.gif[/img] . I had told her that we were going to Disney so I could have a meeting with a program director at Disney. (I have done contract work for Disney in the past). We had a really early flight from Atlanta (6AM), checked in and then hit the MK. We were pretty worn out by the time we got back to the hotel and i was nervous already. I had told her that we had been "comped" a dinner at Victoria and Albert's cause I thought the folks at Disney were going to offer me a full time position. Total BS... [img]smile.gif[/img] . We got ready for dinner and went on the boat to the Conteporary and rode the Monorail to the Grand Floridian. I had made sure to let then know that I was going to propose and that I wanted a private table. We got there and I was very suprised to see how small V&A's actually is. We had a table that was right next to the harpist which kicked up the romance factor a couple of notches. We elected to do the wine pairing with dinner. I was really struggling with choosing this over my favorite Cabernet, Silver Oak but I thought the wine pairing would be fun. Boy was I right. After we chose what we wanted from our personalized menus we got a seperate glass of wine with the particular dish we were served. What a treat!! Every wine was perfect for each course....not the typical red with heavy meat and white with seafood. We even had wine with Sorbet!! Let me tell you that I was thinking..."what the heck are they doing serving wine with a sweet dish like sorbet"? Well after a bite of the sorbet I took a drink....the wine actually tasted like the sorbet!! Incredible! Anyway...after the sorbet dessert there was a suprise course....the Matr'D came over with a silver domed platter and placed it in front of Angela and told her that this was a special dish prepared by me for her. When he took the dome away there was the ring in a white ring box (they requested that) with rose petals around it and a poem that I had written for her rolled up in front of the ring. The had also just poured a rose' wine that literally tasted like roses. So this is where she figured it all out and started to cry... [img]smile.gif[/img] . I read the poem with the harpist playing How Can I Remember (from the movie Sabrina) in the background and then got down on one knee and asked her to marry me. She said yes of course.

I really appreciate the input I got from everyone on this one. There really is something to be said about bringing the Disney magic into play with a marriage proposal. They really helped me pull off a great thing that we will always remember.

[ April 10, 2003, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: CHKEE750CF ]

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad this went so well for you! It sounds beautiful! What a wonderful start to the beginning of your life together! I wish you both the best!
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Congratulations! How incredibly romantic! It sounds like you did a wonderful job planning the whole thing out - now it's just the countdown to the big day!
    Beth aka Gretel - I blame the dolls.

Total trips: I've lost count!
    Resorts: POR, GF, Poly, CB, Pop
    Last trip - Jan 2014 Pop Century & POR; Dopey Challenge
    Next trip - Disneyland Aug, 2014 Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Congratulations! That sounds so beautiful (even though you had to lie to her).

So, are you planning a Disney wedding to go with the Disney proposal?
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

No wedding at Disney... . It would be great but it is very inconenient fr our family. We are planing another trip after Mission Space opens.

Post Thanks / Like

[img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] CONGRATULATIONS!!! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]

That was an awesome proposal! Honeymooning in Disney World? [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img]
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: