Quantcast packing food - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: packing food

Post Thanks / Like

[/QUOTE]Ok, I'm all for airline safety but this is ridiculously stupid. Do they think you'll hold the plane hostage with a can of Spam? With the airlines cutting way back on in flight meals how can they deny you carry on food? Tell that to the mother of an infant on a feeding schedule during a 6 hour flight. I have always taken a sandwich or something on the plane and many other people do too. This is just plain dumb. [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img] [/QB][/QUOTE]

The following was on my e-mail from Southwest when I purchased tickets:

INFLIGHT SERVICE ***********************
    Snack Service: If your total flight itinerary includes a series
    of flights that each are less than two hours in duration, you
    will be served peanuts/pretzels on each flight segment. If your
    itinerary includes any nonstop flight longer than two(2) hours,
    you will be served a packaged snack on that flight segment.
    Southwest Airlines does not serve sandwiches or meals, however,
    you may bring something to eat on board.

You should still be able to bring something to eat on board.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to the TSA website and looked as hard as I could. It does say to be aware that some packed foods might cause them to have to open your checked luggage. I guess the machines cant tell whats in there. Unless something changes and it says you definitely cannot pack food, I am going to plan on doing it.

Thanks for all your input. You guys are the best!
    Mary

Post Thanks / Like

What a great idea. It never even occurred to me to pack food in a suitcase and use that for souveniers on the way home. That is my new plan.
    I like the idea about the $1 pitcher, too.
    I always get so many great ideas on this web site.

Ok...cereal, granola bars, juice boxes,....what other things do you suggest?
    "...Every hour spent together, stays within my heart..."

Post Thanks / Like

We have packed snacks numerous times in both our carry-on's and checked luggage with no problem at all. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    We will be in WDW 6/23-6/30, and plan to do the same thing we have done for years which is to pack a small suitcase full of snacks and bring it home with souveniers.
    I would like to hear what others take for snacks. We normally take a couple boxes of Capri Sun, some snack cereal, granola bars, fruit snacks and beef jerkey. Probably a few other things I can't think of now.

Post Thanks / Like

They pack so many things in individual packages now that you can almost take any kind of non-perishable. We are really only diet soda drinkers so we probably won't be packing drinks but I think will we take pringles and peanut butter crackers, slim jims, cookies..and i am even toying with the bread in the pitcher idea and a jar of peanut butter....its a junk food extravaganza!! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]
    Mary

Post Thanks / Like

We go to Sams' and buy individually packed gold fish, mini cookies, rasins, fruit snacks, peanut butter crackers, cheese/crackers,pretzles, small boxes of cereal each day everyone picks 2 snacks and a drink box for their belt bag to take to the parks. My kids really love to bring a small box of cereal to the parks and eat it dry while they are walking along.

At our Airport everyones luggage is gone through while we stand there and watch so I guess if they don't want the food in there they can tell and and we will remove it and take it to our car.
    Guess I will pack the chocolate in my carryon, a vacation is not a vacation without lots of chocolate...LOL

Funcruiser

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: