Quantcast Gay Days -- Good or Bad Time to Go? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

My friends, husband and wife took their children to MK on Gay Days several years ago and came back with a funny story. The husband couldn't understand why so many men were approaching him, asking personal questions, etc.

Finally a CM said, " you're not gay are You," When he responded "no" she told him he needed to change shirts and took him to the front and gave him a new shirt. Evidently he was wearing a red shirt which is a color of preference for Gay Day. After he changed shirts no one approached him.

My advice- tell your husband not to wear red.

[ April 02, 2005, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Kingdom Kid ]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Kingdom Kid:

My friends, husband and wife took their children to MK on Gay Days several years ago and came back with a funny story. The husband couldn't understand why so many men were approaching him, asking personal questions, etc.

Finally a CM said, " you're not gay are You," When he responded "no" she told him he needed to change shirts and took him to the front and gave him a new shirt. Evidently he was wearing a red shirt which is a color of preference for Gay Day. After he changed shirts no one approached him.

Now that's funny!!! [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img]
    Dan

1993-Fort Wilderness Cabins
    1995-Contemporary
    1998-Contemporary
    2002-All Star Sports
    2003-Boardwalk Villas
    2005-Polynesian
    2006-Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Kingdom Kid:

Oh goodness, so much for the red Mickey shirt my hubby has! [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img]
    Going to WDW again...
    9/29 - 10/3 AKL
    19 trips to WDW and counting!!

Post Thanks / Like

I tried one of those neck cooler things....felt like I was wearing a warm slug around my neck.
    [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img]

I was wondering if those things were any good.
    February '89 Off Site
    February '04 Contemporary

June '05 Coronado Springs/Swan

February '06 Off Site
    April 07 Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

We have been there as a family during gay days. If you do not mind PDA'S you will be fine. I found it hard to explain to my kids "why are those two men kissing?" Some are there to SHOCK but most are there for vacation. IMHO
    Nancy

Post Thanks / Like

Question

What PDA's??
    Going to WDW again...
    9/29 - 10/3 AKL

John D Guest

Originally posted by crazy4dizney:
    What PDA's??
    Public Displays of Affection.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I have not posted about this but I wish someone would have given me this info so I'm going to post. When we were there during Gaydays 2 years ago, we had no problems.( we are a family of 4.) We just avoided MK that Saturday. However last year we avoided MK and went to Epcot and it was also very crowded! We also saw a man wearing a red t-shirt with a slogan that might be confusing to kids IMHO. Luckily, my kids didn't see it. Now I have a gay Aunt and have a couple gay aquaintances. I'm not being homophobic or trying to worry anyone about what they will see. That t-shirt is the only controversial thing we have seen in 2 years. Everyone we met was there to enjoy a family vacation or vacation with loved ones or friends like any day at WDW. Now with that being said we are going back the first week in June again this year! [img]smile.gif[/img] However we are planning on avoiding MK on Sat.6/4 and Sun. 6/5. We will probably avoid Epcot on 6/4 too.
    There are 2 different celebrations. If you go to the Gayday website you will see that they have their Gayday celebration at the MK on Sun. 6/5 . If you go to Gaydays website you will see that their celebration at the MK is on Sat.6/4. As for the other days, we were there on an AK day and it didn't seem overly crowded so we don't worry about going to the other parks on a gayday or Gaydays designated park day. Red is the color of choice at least for the MK celebrations!
    I hope this helps! I'm not trying to offend anyone ,I don't like inappropriate t-shirts, behavior,etc. from anyone , but like I said I wish someone would have given me this info 2 years ago so I could have planned our trip a little better!
    March 1973 Contemporary<br />April 1980 Contemporary <br />June 1989 Royal Plaza <br />March 2002 Contemporary<br />Dec. 2002 Contemporary<br />June 2003 Contemporary<br />Dec. 2003 BCV<br />April 2004 Beach Club/BCV<br />June 2004 Grand Floridian<br />Aug. 2004 Hilton Head<br />Oct. 2004 Grand Floridian<br />March 2005 Grand Floridian <br />June 2005 Grand Floridian<br />July 2005 Hilton Head<br />Dec. 2005 Grand Floridian<br />Sept. 2005 Poly LV Concierge<br />Dec. 2005 Grand Floridian RPC

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by John D:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by crazy4dizney:
    What PDA's??
    Public Displays of Affection. </font>[/QUOTE]Ohhhhh [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] thanks!

Anyhooo, we changed our dates~ I was too nervous about the heat and the crowds. I think going one month earlier will be better, I hope! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

I don't do well w/ very hot/ humid weather OR when Disney is packed to the seams! I've heard early May is better.... we shall see!
    Going to WDW again...
    9/29 - 10/3 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Princess Power for your posting...any advice is more than helpful to me. We will be arriving at WDW on May 31 and will be visiting the parks on Jun1-June 4. As of now I have scheduled to see Animal Kingdom on Wednesday, June 1, MGM Studios on Thursday, June 2, MK on Friday, June 3 and Epcot on Saturday, June 4. I am a little leary about the saturday at epcot visit because of your posting. Does anyone have any better suggestions for me on days to visit which parks.? We are a family of 6 and are trying to make the most of our trip, just as everyone else is. I am trying to avoid visits to the parks that either have the late nights or early mornings but sometimes that is impossible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

[ April 05, 2005, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: Cindy Ahart ]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: