Quantcast Agent v. Booking by ourselves

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question for all of you. In the past, I booked our Disney trip directly through central reservation, but I have heard so many wonderful things about Magical Journeys on this board. My question is both Magical Journeys and Disney have the same price, what would be the advantage of MJ?

Thanks!
    Paula

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

WELCOME TO INTERCOT! YOU WILL LOVE IT HERE! We always book ourselves. I know one of my
    friends booked thorough Magical Gatherings and
    was very pleased. Hope someone has the right
    answer for you - just wanted to mainly welcome
    you to Intercot. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

I have wondered the same thing, but I also have not used them because I was told only they can call about my Reservation (which I don't like because I like to call from time to time to check on things or to add or change, I just like being in control of it more or less) I also wasn't sure how the whole deposit thing worked we usually send in the deposit and pay over time. I just am too weary about letting someone else handle my vacation if I get there and theres a problem I want it to be because of me not someone else.I have heard nothing but great things about them though. We always use central resv. also, haven't had any problems.. GOod Luck I know someone will come along w/ lots of answers.
    Boardwalk Villas 5/2000; Old Key West 5/2003; Boardwalk Inn 11/2003; Boardwalk Villas 4/2004; Yacht Club 11/2004; Yacht Club conc. & GF (MB conc.) 5/2005; Beach Club Villas 8/2005; Yacht Club 11/2005

Post Thanks / Like

So here is my take, I have always planned all of our vacations and I love to be in control, so after hearing so many wonderful comments about MJ I decided to give them a try. I was still in control as I was ablet to do the research and choose where I wanted to stay and when and figure out where we could get the best discounts and then I handed it off to MJ and they did the rest. I booked AKL value season cheapest room, standard view, price $221 with tax, Right away MJ told me that I could get the AAA discount got the room down to $188 and then the discount codes came out and without having to make any calls or being on hold, one day my rate was down to $130 a night. So the reason you use MJ over calling CRO is because you save on phone calls, and time and stress. MJ knows when the discounts come out and they do every they can for their clients to get them the lowest possible rates, if you use CRO I have heard horror stories of people on hold for hours only to be told, no discounts are available. It really is a no brainer as far as I am concerned as its a win win situation. If you have any questions let me know.

Offisite 73/84
    POR aka Dixie Landings 99
    AKL 2/05
    AKL & POLY 12/05
    BC 9/06

Post Thanks / Like

Also

MJ does follow the same guidelines as WDW when it comes to deposits etc. A deposit is one night per room per reservation, and you can pay by credit card or money order. If you would like to pay it off a little at a time, no problem as they will work with you. As for not being able to call about your own reservation, yes this is true as with any agent who books for you, however if you have confidence in your agent, you can contact them for any changes or questions as MJ goes above and beyond for all of their clients, I feel this way after only using them one time and will never book my own again! I just feel its a win win situation.. I feel MJ just gives me extra time to do other things, like find the cheapest airfare and create my own Priority Seating reservations so I feel that I am still doing many facets of my vacation, just leaving getting the lowest possible room rate to a company that has a proven track record.

Offisite 73/84
    POR aka Dixie Landings 99
    AKL 2/05
    AKL & POLY 12/05
    BC 9/06

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Intercot! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

I'm someone who has always done my own research, booking, rebooking (for discounts) etc. Last year, I used Magical Journeys on two occasions. I plan to use them again!

Magical Journeys is a joy to work with! They kept on top of my reservations, making any necessary or requested changes and making sure that I received any discounts I qualified for! It was so easy which is the biggest advantage!

Magical Journeys follows the deposit and payment rules set by Disney.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I also used MJ for the first time this trip - Debbie compared rates for different resorts, splitting a stay, etc for me. When we finally decided on Wilderness Lodge she booked & took my credit card info. The charge is from Disney, not MJ so I know that WDW had my info. She also added in my request for bunk beds and had an email in my mailbox with my new AP rate before I knew the rates were even out. So far, I'm very pleased.

I believe you get a confirmation letter from MJ before your trip - not sure when but I have 6 weeks before we leave.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

True the price is the same. But if you book everything yourself, you have to do all the research, price it all out and compare ticket options, watch for discounts etc. ... all of which is time consuming and means spending a fair amount of time on the phone.

MJ knows WDW forward and backward. They jump on those discounts almost before the general public knows they are available. They can do the phone waiting for you, handle changes, etc.

Up until a few years ago, I was a "handle it myself" person. Upon using MJ for the first time I was totally hooked. I can't say enough good about working with Karen et al. They are prompt, friendly, efficient, knowledgable. Everything you could ask for.
    Munch
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

It often requires more courage to dare to do right than to fear to do wrong.
    Abraham Lincoln
    (1809 - 1865)

Post Thanks / Like

The price is the same, ~if~ you can get a discount. By the time most people know they're out there, MJ usually has their ressies converted (if there is availability). Your chances are much better of actually getting to apply the discount if you use MJ.

Also, sadly, there weren't any discounts for my upcoming trip (other than AAA). Deb emailed ~me~ to sort out a game plan to get me the best deal. What I wanted to do wasn't available. She didn't give up and got me what I wanted. I couldn't have done it on my own as I can't call Disney 4 times a day.

There's no need for me to call Disney myself. I just email Deb and it's done. I don't care in the least that they won't talk to me about it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    ~~Julie~~

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also a major control freak. Previously, I've always done all our research, reservations, and every detail of our trips. But, I've heard nothing but positives about MJ, and for our trip to WDW this Nov, I've handed over the reservation portion to MJ. Debbie has already suggested a way of saving money that I wouldn't have thought of. And, like others have said, they can get a discount code before the general public (like me) knows about it. And I wouldn't want to miss out on one of those great codes. I can now relax knowing she's watching for the codes, and I don't have to. So far I'm very pleased. Debbie responds right away to emails or phone calls. (Instead of calling WDW reservations to check on things, I call MJ.) I feel confident she understands what we want, and that she'll do everything to make it happen.

Thanks Debbie!

Post Thanks / Like

Being an AP holder and a member of AAA, it saves me alot of time,which converts to alot of money, to have MJ handle my vacation plans. Currently Karen has a great AAA rate for me at BC, she also knows that I am an AP holder and if summer rates come out she can switch me to whatever rate benefits me. It is so easy to talk or e-mail the girls at MJ. I suggests reading some of the post in accomodations about how long people were on hold trying to get the new rates.
    Up Next
    15 Disney Hilton Head Jul 5 - Jul 7
    15 Disney Dream Jul 1 - Jul 5
    15 Beach Club Jun 27- Jul 1
    14 Dolphin Resort Jun 12-16
    13 Fort Wilderness Christmas Dec 20- Dec 26

Post Thanks / Like

I have always done all my own booking and liked doing it. I even had booked my family's December 2005 vacation at ASMo for 8 nights with 7 day MYW tickets with hopper option and dining plan and had placed the $200.00 required deposit. I had done tons of research on the dining plan to see if it would be useful for my family ect....when this board convinced me to contact MJ. Almost immediately Wendy replied. I bugged her with questions (you know, skeptic) and she answered them all and put my mind at ease. I transferred my reservation to them. Then i gave her my requests. I was changing my ressies. I wanted to cancel my package and book room only at ASMo. We decided on AP so when AP rates come out for that time frame i want her to book us WL (I gave her my price range) or AKL if not...and if worse comes to worse we will have ASMo. (and that's not a bad thing). Incedently, at the time i was giving her all of this info, she was also waiting on AP rates for the season now and told me on rate release dates she is up and on the phone with Disney as soon as they can to get their clients the best rates possible. She gave me a couple of suggestions on ways to save money and let me make my own decisions. My new deposit was charges to my card by Disney not MJ and as soon as Wendy had my confirmation from Disnety (the same one you would receive if you booked it yourself) she sent it to me. I was very iffy at first because i thought what if i get there and i don't have a room? but i have all of the info in my possession that i would to prove it as if i booked it by myself so i think i lover MJ...less of the not so fun part of the planning and from what i hear i will end up with a better deal than i could have gotten on my own! I do not think i will ever book on my own again. in fact i am planning a short trip in May 2006 and a long trip in December 2006 and Wendy has already given me some feedback on those also!
    Sherry

10 earlier times...
    1-08 ASMo ( MOM AND KIDS FOR 13 DAYS!!!)
    11-08 POP (Mom and Kids for 14 days!!!)
    4-21-10 thru 4-28-10 Pop Century (WE'RE GOING BACK!!!!!)
    8-13 thru 8-19-11 ASMo & 8-19 thru 8-28-11 CBR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: