Quantcast Best one-way transportation option

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

singermom4 Guest

My mother and brother will require transportation from the resort to MCO (we are picking them up). What is the most convenient option? I know Mears tends to require very early pick-ups so I would prefer taxi or town car services.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The most economical way to go is Mears. It's $16 (around there, I can't recall the exact amount) one way to the airport from Disney. A taxi will run about $30-$40 depending on your resort and traffic. A towncar starts at $45 one-way. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Eddy

Post Thanks / Like

We are doing the same thing. We only need a ride back to the airport. I checked Ibex and Happy Limo. Why is it more to be picked up at a Magic Kingdom resort? Looks like it will cost us $50 one way.
    ~95 offsite<br />~99 POFQ/Disney Wonder<br />~01 Dixie Landings<br />~Jan 03 BWI/GF<br />~Apr 03 Wilderness Lodge<br />~Sep 03 Beach Club Villas<br />~Oct 03 Boardwalk Villas<br />~Dec 03 Polynesian<br />~Jan 04 OKW/Boardwalk Villas<br />~Mar 04 Animal Kindom Lodge<br />~May 04 Boardwalk Villas<br />~Sep 04 Boardwalk Villas<br />~Dec 04 Beach Club Villas

Post Thanks / Like

I think the reason it costs more to be picked up at WDW resorts is because of added tolls along the way. I could be wrong however, maybe just like everything else, things are more expensive in "The World" [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sounds like the taxi would be the most reasonably priced then and would be there when you want them rather than Mears that likes to pick you up so much earlier than necessary.
    "A mouse named Mortimer would be too pretentious" ~Mrs. Walt Disney~ <br /><br />Six Trips Down..... <br />Many More To GO!!!<br /><br />August 2002 Downtown Disney Hilton<br />*****<br />September 2002 Off Site (Tampa)<br />*****<br />October 2002 <br />MNSSHP<br />Off Site, Downtown Disney and finally, on-site Animal Kingdom Lodge! <br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br />December 2002<br />MVMCP/CP<br />Off Site <br />Kissimmee<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br />April 2003<br />Birthday Trip Off Site Kissimme<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br />August-September 2003 <br />Off Site Kissimmee

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by singermom4:
    I know Mears tends to require very early pick-ups so I would prefer taxi or town car services.
    I always tell our transportation folks a fictional later flight time so that when they pick us up early, it's actually not so bad.
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

What I've been told by the limo company we've used (Happy Limo) is that they are charged a fee by Disney to enter the Magic Kingdom area resorts. This fee is passed along to riders. They are not charged this fee when they service other resorts so the cost is less to the others.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I can confirm the cost of Mears as being $16 one way per person. The cost of the taxi's have gone up and is slightly higher than $30-$40. I belive they are closer to $50 now, of course that does depend on where you're going. The further away, the more expensive.
    If I were going to spend the money, I'd go with the towncar. Much more comfortable and I've seen some of these taxi drivers. They really make me nervous!

singermom4 Guest

Thanks everyone - I think I will recommend town car service for them.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: