Quantcast Do you pack for comfort or looks - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Comfort all the way!

Coming from the UK we come with half empty cases then tend to buy a lot of casual cloths while in the US! We normally get things at least half the price of what they are in the UK. So after a couple of days we tend to be wearing what ever we buy!
    The exception to this is if I know we are going to eat at V&A, I will pack a suit or jacket, trousers and an evening dress for the DW.
    Kevin AKA Womble
    Disneyland Ca. 91-92 / Offsite 93-96-97-98-02-03-07 /
    Caribbean Beach 94-95-98 / All-star 99-01 / PO French Quater 00 / Coronado Springs 04 / PO Riverside 05-06

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Although I do try to wear nice shorts and comfy shoes, I will sometimes see folks who are quite dressed up in the parks. I always wonder "what are these folks thinking?" Really, they do stick out like a sore thumb when they are all dressed up (I've seen ladies in dresses, with hose and heels!) and everyone else is in shorts with sneakers.

Post Thanks / Like

I tend to wear tank tops and shorts to parks like MK and AK and tanks and a cute skirt or a sundress to dinners and DTD. Epcot and MGM can go either way. I always wear sandals or flip flops. I hate wearing socks so I rarely wear tennies while in the parks unless its raining and I'm also donning a poncho. I know this sounds crazy but I really hate loose clothing, especially shirts(loose pants are okay) It would drive me crazy to wear a baggy t shirt anytime, much less walking around the parks all day. I guess what I'm saying is what may be comfortable to some, may not be comfortable to others. I always see people in long pants on hot days at the park and think "how could they be comfortable?", but they might be looking at me thinking how could she be comfortable in a skirt and sandals?
    come visit Sam's memorial site
    http://sam-wood.memory-of.com

Sponsor the Celebrating Sam Team and help us Light the Night again in 2007!

Post Thanks / Like

Comfort everyday! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

I got ribbed by being called "Scout Master" the whole time
    [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]

ROFL! I would probably say the same thing based on your description! [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img]

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

That comment about shoes and comfort etc. reminded me of my blisters a few months ago. I had sneakers that were good, but somehow some thick socks were packed and my girlfriend handed them to me on our first day. I thought not much of it, maybe it would be extra comfy. I'd only worn such things in winter or hiking boots, and not in Walmart sneakers (although thinner thick socks in nicer sneakers years ago). Well, I learned that day! I never knew exactly what blisters on the feet were until then. Switching back to the usual socks helped things from getting worse but didn't make me any more comfortable in my situation. I sure had sun going around WS that week!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: