Quantcast Fireworks Cruise Add-Ons

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question

We're hoping to do the Fireworks cruise on our next trip. There a several different add-ons (but nothing they can send me in writing).

First add-on - sandwiches, sodas and snacks
    Second add-on - the above plus dessert, fruit & cheese
    Third - the above plus decorations
    Fourth - Champagne, wine or beer

I have several questions about this.
    Has anyone done any of the add-ons?
    What did you do?
    Was it worth it?
    Can you mix and match what you add on?
    What sort of sandwiches and/or desserts are available?

I know the cruise lasts about an hour. During that time, do you really have enough time to partake of sandwiches plus dessert?
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

faline,

I did a search on this topic and couldn't find any references to anyone partaking of these add-ons.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Faline, not sure this will help you or not. Warning it is long.

In 99 we planned a long trip (17 days) and went all out. I arranged for an Illuminations Cruise & MK Fireworks Cruise, both were to include champagne & food. Was told to contact food services upon arrive for food choices. At that time you could have a regular cruise, a party cruise, snack cruise or champagne cruise. I understand it is done differently now.

When we arrived at the Contemporary Tower Club I checked with concierge as to who I was to call. Illuminations boat would be from Yacht Club & MK Fireworks boat would be from the Poly. The CM checked on my reservations (PS #'s) and they weren't there! I started to cry as everything had been planned ahead of time one was for my daughter's birthday the other for our anniversary.

Concierge pulled some serious strings and arranged everything for us at no charge! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] They asked what I would like for snacks. I mentioned perhaps some fruit & cheese, mini sandwiches and maybe a few desserts. Champagne for us, and a few sodas for the kids.

The Poly was up first . . .got to the boat in plenty of time and they couldn't find the food. [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img] The marina manager took off to find it. After 1/2 hour a cart showed up with a monsterous amount of food. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Once loaded on the boat the marina manager showed up with another serious amount of food! [img]graemlins/doubleeek.gif[/img] He said put it on the boat and enjoy. There were two huge platters of assorted sliced fruits, assorted cheeses, & crackers. Mini hot appetizers with dips. Huge tray with all sorts of mini desert pastries, a platter of cookies and another tray with a cake. About a case of assorted sodas & juices and two bottles of champagne.

There was no way five of us could eat that much. They told us to take it all back to the resort with us . . .we took a small tray of assorted goodies and told the boat drivers to enjoy the rest!

As for the Yacht Club food it was incredible! A beautiful cheese platter (12 different varieties) with assorted crackers, a huge platter of sliced fresh fruit, a huge platter of veggies w/ dip, olives, pickles, etc. Platter with 6 different types of tini sandwiches (crust cut off ). For dessert they took a huge mirror and swirled a decoration out of melted chocolate prior to displaying desserts. There were all sorts of mini desserts and chocolate covered strawberries. Soda, juice, champagne was also served complete with crystal. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Cher (aka TheSorcererofFantasia)

If you live each day to it's fullest you will never have regrets . . . there is no rewind.

4/15/55 - 4/7/08 Til we meet again
    2/25/87 - 4/27/11 Always & forever in my heart & soul BKB!

Next DVC Trip:
    AKL Jambo Kilamanjaro 1 bedroom Unit Sept 10th - 24th

Post Thanks / Like

By the way, just so you know, you are allowed to bring some things with you on the boat. Food and drinks are allowed (though I doubt they'd appreciate you bringing two cheese & fruit trays onboard if you made them yourself!) [img]graemlins/silly.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tasty.gif[/img]

Still, factor in the costs (there are some sites that will estimate the cost for the add-ons for you), and decide if it's worth the price for some food you could also get elsewhere.

If you're doing the 9:00 Illuminations Cruise, I'd bet that you're beyond dinner time (for most stomachs anyway). That's why we're only planning on bringing our resort mugs with us on our cruise!

Jon
    John 13:34-35<br /><br />Feb 2004 - Off-site<br />Aug 2003 - AK Lodge<br />Oct 2001 - AS Movies<br />Mar 2000 - Off-site<br />Apr 1999 - Off-site<br />Feb 1997 - CBR<br />Mar 1975 - Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Officially, you cannot bring your own food and drinks.

However, I'm sure the boat captain would not be upset by a few snacks or drinks from "home." Just like snacks for the parks -- don't overdo it!!

[img]smile.gif[/img] - Vaneta
    1972, Orlando Campground; 1988-94, Orlando-area resident (frequent visits); 1992, PO; 1993, Dolphin; 1996, WL; 1996, D.Inst.; 1997, BW Inn; April 2001, Wild. Home; Nov. 2001, BWV, OKW & AS Music; March 2002, OKW; Nov. 2002, BWV & Offsite; Nov. 2005, SSprings and WLV

Post Thanks / Like

You may want to check into whether or not you can take food/drinks on the boat. We've done both the Illumniations cruise and the MK Fireworks cruise several times, and we call inadvance to ask them to provide glasses for us to bring our own champange. They always say yes, without hesitation.... But as with all Disney policies, I'm sure this is "subject to change without notice...."
    Bouncy, flouncy, pouncy! Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: