Quantcast Water Mice?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Water Mice?

Post Thanks / Like

Does any one know how much it cost to rent water mice?? My kids would love that! My husband too.
    Thanx ...Tooni

"A cheeful look brings joy to the heart" - Proverbs

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Half hour rental is approximately $20.00. You have to be at least 12 years old and 5' to rent/drive; under that requirement may ride as passengers.
    Christmas '72 Contemporary<br />Christmas '74 Off-Property<br />January '97 AS-Music<br />July '97 ex-Dixie Landing<br />May '01 CBR-Soth Trinidad<br />December '01 The Poly-Niue<br />May '02 AKL<br />October '02 Beach Club<br />November '02 AKL/Dol/Poly-Tahi<br />March/April '03 OKW/POFQ<br />September '03 Contemp.Tower<br />Nov/Dec/ '03 BC/Eastern Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Okay but can kids under 5 ride ???? And if so id it more [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] ????
    ~When you wish upon a star...make no difference who you are...when you wish upon a star, your dreams do come true~

NEXT VISIT APRIL 2007!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Another question - same thought: How easy are they to operate for someone who has never driven a boat? I realize they're pretty small but I would prefer not to get stuck in the middle of the lake. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

You won't have any problem even if you've never driven a boat. My 13 year old drove one and had a blast. With a little instruction and safety advice, he was off!

Post Thanks / Like

No additional charge if you are bringing a passenger. Also, if you run into any problems out there, they do have guards out there patrolling to help you out.
    Proud mom to Monorail_Red and goofhook and DD Jenn!
    Proud member of the magical Disney Parks Moms Panel family.

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.

Post Thanks / Like

JDPIP and LottaLubes, Thanks for the responses.

Sue

Post Thanks / Like

HI everyone-

I am going to pop this over to "vacation planning"
    You will be able to get more responses there.

I can't wait to do these boats the next time I go!!
    Jenni b
    "if you can shape it in your mind, you can find it in your life."
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Are water mice the boats that I have seen people driving on the Seven Seas Lagoon?
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the Water Mice are the little quick boats that you have seen zipping around the Seven
    Seas Lagoon, as well as other water areas in WDW.

They seat two, but if you have two large adults, it can get a little crowded. It's probably worth the money to get two Water Mice if there are two full-size adults -- that way they will both be able to drive and have ample room. (My DH and I have 2 kids, so my DH took one kid and I took the other -- this was great!).

I really enjoy the Water Mice.

I think it's around $20 for a half-hour, and $30 for an hour (the second half-hour is cheaper if you purchase a whole hour). Most resorts with marinas have them.

Enjoy!!!

- Vaneta
    1972, Orlando Campground; 1988-94, Orlando-area resident (frequent visits); 1992, PO; 1993, Dolphin; 1996, WL; 1996, D.Inst.; 1997, BW Inn; April 2001, Wild. Home; Nov. 2001, BWV, OKW & AS Music; March 2002, OKW; Nov. 2002, BWV & Offsite; Nov. 2005, SSprings and WLV

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely fun!

We rented 2 at the Poly. Ours weren't very fast but were still fun. There were some really quick ones on the lake though, not sure which resort they got theirs at.
    șoș Beth șoș<br />WDW(resort undecided) December,2002<br />Animal Kingdom Lodge April,2002<br />Yacht Club 1/01<br />Polynesian 11/00<br />Disney Wonder 11/00<br />Disneyland Hotel 5/00<br />Disney Pacific 5/00<br />Contemporary 2/00<br />Port Orleans 2/00<p>Taking a break from reality,<br />goin' to see the Mșoșuse!

Post Thanks / Like

It does not matter which resort you are renting from- it is always hit or miss if you will get a fast mater mouse or a slow water mouse. There is nothing worse when you get a fast one and your companion gets a slow one- you're ready to zip out there and play in the wakes of the big boats, and your companion is putt-putting along!

Sometimes seaweed (lagoon-weed, I guess) will get stuck in your motor and will cause you to loose power and go super-slow - then you can call over a lifeguard and they'll fix you up.

I've got so many great memories on water mice- they are a must-do in the summer! I remember when each resort had a different color fleet of water mice, and you'd be out on bay lake and see mostly contemporary and fort wilderness-colored water mice, whereas I'd be one of the few white water mice that had made it all the way from the GF.

I also remember playing in the wake of the big riverboat, and looking up to wave at the people on the river boat- I was not looking where I was going- and I came THAT CLOSE to slamming into a pole off the coast of one of the islands in the middle, marking shallow water. Talk about making a last-minute evasive manuver! After that I always looked where I was going!!!

I love water mice! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    "If you had wings, you could do all these things. Eastern will be your wings."

Post Thanks / Like

Luckily both of ours were slower, so didn't have to make hubby pull over to give me the fast one [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img] .
    șoș Beth șoș<br />(used to be bethglasmann)<p>Taking a break from reality, goin' to see the M șoșuse!<p>AKL4/02<br />Yacht Club 1/01<br />Disney Wonder 11/00<br />Polynesian 11/00<br />Disneyland Hotel 5/00<br />Disney Pacific 5/00<br />Contemporary 2/00<br />Port Orleans 2/00

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: