Quantcast Using Disney Dollars in the World

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question

I have read that Disney Dollars are accepted everywhere. Being somewhat skeptical [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] , I would like to ask the experience of Intercotees.
    Does this mean every single restaurant? food stand? gift shop?
    Has anyone ever had a problem using Disney Dollars at the parks? Can I pay for something half with Disney Dollars and half with real American dollars?

We have/will be receiving disney dollars as gifts for our trip in January and I need to be absolutely certain we can use them easily and everywhere.

Thank you for any replies
    [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

DD can be used anywhere in The world. Yes, you can pay partially with DD and the balance with US or credit cards. Spend freely!
    SteveL

born and raised in Alberta, now living in sunny Tampa
    Post Thanks / Like

We used some DD to pay for a meal at one of the restaurants in Epcot and then paid the balance in American $. Had no problems doing this.
    Mary Poppins, is that your name? It's lovely.

PEACE, LOVE and MICKEY MOUSE șOș

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

We also usually get some Mickey money for presents around Christmas time when we have a trip planned and have never had trouble spending them anywhere in the World. And we have also paid part in Disney dollars and part in real dollars on occasion with no problems. You will do great.
    ROBERT

PROUD FATHER OF A DAUGHTER FIGHTING AND BEATING LEUKEMIA. PROUD FATHER OF A GREAT SON EXCELLING IN ALL HE DOES. PROUD HUSBAND OF THE BEST AND MOST SUPPORTIVE WIFE A MAN COULD HAVE.

HURRICANE KATRINA SURVIVOR

Post Thanks / Like

We have used Disney Dollars literally everywhere -the resort gift shop, the Coke & Mickey Bar stands, pin kiosks, restaurants . . . everywhere. It might as well be real American $$$! You won't have any problems in The World using them. And yes, you can combine them with cash or travelers checks. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

We use Disney Dollars almost everywhere in Disney World! The food courts, street vendors, gift shops all except them! Saving spending money for our trips to WDW is a lot easier too. We always request Disney Dollars for birthdays, Christmas, etc. Every payday we try to go to the Disney Store and purchase about $20 or more and keep them in an envelope. Saving Disney Dollars instead of regular money for vacations is a lot easier and works better since you can't dip into your "vacation money" to buy a pizza or any other pop up expense!

65 Days to [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    *Became a DVC Member in October 2001!!
    (Home Resort: Wilderness Lodge!!)

Post Thanks / Like

Each of our four kids was given $50 in DD when we arrived in August. They used them in all parks for all sorts of things (food, gifts, etc.) They also used money and sometimes mom and dad's plastic. Never had any trouble and it was a great way for them to budget their purchase. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

On our honeymoon, my husband and I couldn't stop laughing after purchasing beer at the House of Blues with Disney Dollars. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]
    Niki aka Lucille

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted - Mae West

Post Thanks / Like

We are going to WDW in Jan and have asked instead of gifts for Christmad to gedt Disney Dollars, however, my problem is WHERE DO I GET DISNEY DOLLARS!?!?!?
    șoș<br />July 2002- Offiste- Radisson Resort Parkway<br />Jan 2003- Contemporary<br />Jan 2003- Polynesian<br />Aug 2003- Old Key West 2bdr Villa! 1st Trip as DVC Memeber<br />Dec 2004 - offsite -Westgate Vacation Villas <br />Dec 2005 - Contemporary Tower Room

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Originally posted by Bella:
    We are going to WDW in Jan and have asked instead of gifts for Christmad to gedt Disney Dollars, however, my problem is WHERE DO I GET DISNEY DOLLARS!?!?!?
    The Disney Store sells Disney Dollars.
    Rhonda

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: