My first trip to Walt Disney World was in 1977 still in the days of the ABCDE tickets unless you were a guest at one of the resorts (Contemporary, Poly, Ft Wilderness, or the Golf Resort) and had the option of a special all attraction ticket that you would wear to show that you didn't need a ride ticket to the ticket taker at the entrance to each queue. The first all-access tickets available to all guests came about with the opening of EPCOT Center. As a supervisor at another theme park, Disney was the Holy Grail and I looked forward to visiting at least twice a year because it was the only park where I could truly relax and enjoy myself because there was nothing to criticize. We planned our visits using the Birnbaum guide when it became available while EPCOT was under construction. My wife and I honeymooned at Disney staying at The Caribbean Beach Resort a mere month after the opening of Disney MGM Studios in 1989. Our next trip was in 98 when our daughter was 4. We stayed at Wilderness Lodge with a Length of Stay pass (park hopping was still included in ALL WDW admission media). Our last trip with her (and for us for a number of years) was in 2002. I had found Intercot by that time and this place was buzzing with activity and was full of helpful hints for the new and not so new guests to WDW.

In 2021, My wife and I took advantage of a Marriott offer for 4 nights at Sheraton Vistna Villages for $199. We made a big deal of this trip making it last well beyond the Orlando time. We visited the Okefenokee Swamp, spent a couple of nights in Titusville and Cocoa Beach and visited the Kennedy Space Center, rekindling memories of me visiting in 1969 and watching as the transporter moved the Saturn V rocket carrying Apollo 11 to the launchpad. Then we moved to Orlando. We were at Disney in the days leading up to the 50th (we checked out to head home on October 1, 2021). In those few days we were able to do most of what we wanted to do just by using some common sense and the Park Hopper. Of course, there was no Fast Pass, which was fine with me, and no tram service from the parking lots (which was a pain). But we went with the flow and it worked for us. Did we see everything that we wanted to see? No. Did we have a good time? Yes.

Fast forward to today. We are looking at a mid October 2024 visit. We are being offered the same lodging deal at Vistana Villages, this time for a 2 bedroom villa for 4 nights. We plan to combine that with 4 additional nights at Bluegreen's The Fountains resort across the street (we're members of their vacation club) on points. Our daughter, who is turning 30 next Spring will be with us - she hasn't been to Orlando since she was 8. We plan to spend a couple of days at Universal (mainly for Harry Potter - none of us have been to Universal at all), and 4 days at Disney (with Park Hopper - it offers the most flexibility).

My question is this: What are the best sources for help in planning a visit in 2024? I look forward to the revamping of Intercot, but let's face it, right now, the discussion boards ain't what they used to be (and I hate that). I would be interested in knowing where y'all go to figure out strategies for using Genie+ and Lightning Lane (or even if it's worth it - and don't get me started on the idea of paying through the nose for park tickets and then paying almost as much for the ability to even ride the rides - it's insane).

Thanks. Any suggestions are appreciated. Hope y'all's holidays were happy and special and wishing you the best in the new year.