Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
You make a good point. I still don't think it is an infrastructure problem, per se, but more of how they use the infrastructure they have. The other sites you mentioned are primarily hotel booking sites, but Disney is not a hotelier and, as such, do not put their emphasis on hotel bookings. Is this wrong? Yeah, it probably is, especially when they are announcing discounts at such regular intervals. Should they 'beef up' their reservation server farm? Most definitely. BUT, from what 1disneynut's comment stated, at least you are not getting the old 404 Page Not Found (or Stitch ate this page) message and are getting in a virtual queue.
I would almost rather get the 404 or Stitch ate the page than be smacked with a virtual que telling me I have to wait 25 minutes just to see pricing. I still haven't seen the pricing because after getting the virtual que on two days with a day in between them, I haven't even tried again. Maybe I am in the minority but I simply do not have the patience to wait 25 minutes just to look at rates. I especially do not have the patience for it when my degree is in this field and I know it is just them being cheap on their systems. If they have everything running on the same servers and do not have enough bandwidth to properly serve the reservation system that is just poor IT infrastructure and they should have dedicated servers for reservations. I mean seriously, an inefficient reservation system turns people off before they even get going on planning a trip there and eventually need the other services on the system.