So, we are thinking of surprising our girls with a "pre-summer trip" for Christmas. We've never gone this time of year because - well, it's summer pricing and it's busy and it's HOT. (We've done August 3 times, so we know we can handle the heat... but the crowds and pricing make it easier to stomach then, too... )

Thoughts?? We're choosing the end of June because our oldest will have just finished her 1st year of college and our youngest will turn 16 while we're there... our oldest celebrated 13 & 16 in the parks, while our youngest "celebrated" her 13th there, but it wasn't really her true birthday. This time, it could be.

We know we can probably score a discount on our hotel, but the crowds - that's my fear. Thoughts?? We'd be leaving to drive home on the 30th, so no 4th of July insanity, but I know it will still have the possibility of being crazy.

So, anyone with experience, please share -- I doubt it will change our minds, as it's really the only time we could go -- but it'd be good to hear about!

Thanks!

(and yes, it's really me, for those that remember me... )