Quantcast Coronado Springs Late March 8 kids!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coronado Springs Late March 8 kids!

First POST!
    Trip March 20-26 2016
    Coronado Springs Resort
    Casistas Area
    Parks Visited
    WDW 2x
    HWS
    AK
    Epcot

My husband and I decided to take our 6 kids, my sister and her 2 kids to wdw for spring break this year this was our first BIG trip as a blended family! I started planning about 150 days before the trip. We booked at Coronado Springs with adjoining rooms. We arrived early to the hotel and had done online check in when they texted the room numbers they were not adjoining so we did have to stop at the desk to get our adjoining rooms. We ended up checking into our rooms around noon. Rooms were not as nice as I had hoped for not as clean as I have previously experienced and just seemed a little bit "cheap" for a moderate resort. Thankfully our rooms were by the 1st bus stop so even tho the crowds were heavy we were able to board where as people at the 2nd and 3rd stop had to wait on additional buses at times. Crowds in the park seems heavier than I had experienced during spring break 2013 was very hard getting tables to feed the kids together was quite a nightmare at times. For those with big families or anyone curious how to save money my tips are to buy a filtered water bottle (bobble) my kids each have one with their names in Disney font decal that saves on drinks (we are a water family soda is a rare treat)
    I also packed snacks and treats (sams club) everyday into the park each child took 3 snacks and their bottles so we only purchased lunches and dinners we ate breakfast in room (cereal and muffins brought from home) this all is harder to do if you are flying but still possible we had several dining reservations that worked out good for us and one night my husband and I were even able to get into Be Our Guest for a late dinner while my sister put the kids to bed for us. Lines were long for many rides I had made our fast pass selections in advance so we got to everything This was the first time we used the DAS which was very very helpful for our group which includes a teen with autism and a child with GAD. Overall we had a great time the kids loved it the adults had fun. Next big family trip I might try to plan over fall break instead of spring break to try to get a lighter crowd.
    My Next Trip:

POR Royal Room Feb 24- Mar 4, 2018

My Past Trips:

POFQ May 2017

OKW Sept 2016

Caribbean Beach Resort Sept 2016

Coronodo Springs Mar 2016

Port Orleans Riverside 2013

All Star Movies 2008

Epcot 2008

Disneyland 2003

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fun time! If you're looking to save money I highly recommend All Star Music, it's the same as Coronado Springs pretty much. If you're looking for a better moderate resort try Port Orleans or Caribbean Beach. Much better for the moderate price.
    I'm also pleased the DAS worked for you, there's been complaints from other people about that in the news. Anyway, thanks for the trip report!

4. Likes mrsstarr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! A trip with 8 kids!! Sounds like it was a fun time for everyone!!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

6. Likes mrsstarr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Impressive volume of people, i guess it had to be interesting keeping track of everyone
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

8. Thanks mrsstarr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report. I admire your planning skills as well.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

8!! very impressive, its a wonder you had strength left to write
    Thanks!
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: