Quantcast Vero and Disney Spring 2016 - Part 9

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vero and Disney Spring 2016 - Part 9

Wednesday, May 11

Today is our last full day and we will spend most of it in the Magic Kingdom. Except for our Winnie the Pooh fastpass, I throw out most of our plans for the day including fastpasses for the Main Street Electrical Parade and a late evening Jungle Cruise fastpass. I had already canceled our dinner reservation at Be Our Guest and replaced it with a reservation at Citrico's.

We walk directly to the Magic Kingdom and enter shortly after opening. We are pretty much able to walk on Pirates and the Jungle Cruise (I had selected a fastpass time for this but it was not needed so I canceled it). We ride Aladdin's Magic Carpets and get a ride in on the Haunted Mansion (also a walkon). At some point, we find a cart and I have a Mickey Bar while Gene has an ice cream sandwich - that was today's breakfast. We use our fastpass on Pooh and ride the journey of the Little Mermaid.

When lunchtime rolls around, we head to Pinocchio Village Haus where we share a Caprese Flatbread for lunch.

We slowly continue our tour of the Magic Kingdom by visiting It's A Small World, Tomorrowland Speedway, Tomorrowland Transit Authority, Carousel of Progress, Monsters Inc, Stitch's Great Escape and Buzz Lightyear (which I was able to fastpass). Spouse soundly defeated me on Buzz as is usual. We decided we were done with park touring so walked home.

Once back in our room, I started the process of packing those things we would not need between this afternoon and tomorrow morning. After changing for dinner, we walked over to the monorail to find it was not running. We were told that buses would be running from the Contemporary but that there would likely be a large crowd trying to board so another option would be to walk to the Magic Kingdom and boat from there. Well, we did walk back to the Magic Kingdom but the line for the boat deterred us from taking that route. Instead, we picked up a bus at the Magic Kingdom which is the same bus we could have picked up right outside the door of the Contemporary!! This is the first, and only time, I needed to stand on a bus for this trip and, even with this, I was able to get a seat after a couple of stops.

Once the bus dropped us at the Grand Floridian, we still had enough time to visit Mizner's and listen to the Grand Floridian orchestra before checking in at Citrico's for our dinner. This evening, we shared a delicious shrimp appetizer and each had steak for dinner. By time our meal was finished, the monorail was up and running again.

We returned to our room, watched fireworks once again from there and settled in for our last Disney sleep of this trip.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You made me chuckle with the Mickey bar for breakfast !!
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: