Quantcast Upgrading to AP?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Upgrading to AP?

We are going in September for 12 days, we have 10 day park hoppers.
    We might go back in June 2017 for a quick 5 day trip, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to save a bit, if possible.

Can I before we leave in September upgrade our tickets to AP's?
    How much would they charge to do it, just the difference in price?

Can we get room discounts if we have AP's? Are their any other benefits to having them?
    Thanks!
    1999 off site- July
    2001 All Star Movies- Sept
    2004 CBR-Oct
    2005 Poly won free from Disney-Jan
    2007 POP-Oct
    2010 POP-Oct

2013POP - Oct First trip /all 3 kids- DD's 1st
    2014 All Star Movies-Nov / Mother son 2 day visit, after college tours
    2016 POP-Sep

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if you can upgrade before your arrival. The instructions on the Walt Disney site say you can upgrade before your current tickets expire by visiting a park ticket window or Guest Relations in Downtown Disney. Room discounts are limited and may or may not be available for your desired dates, resort and room type. There are shopping and dining discounts associated with the annual passholder as well as discounts on tours. To be worthwhile, you should be sure you will have enough park days to make the pass worthwhile. Any other possible discounts should not really be part of your equation.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Yeah, I was thinking of upgrading on the last day of our trip. I checked prices for AP's and then what we paid for our tickets to see what the difference would be, and it looks like it would cost me $528.00 total to upgrade 2 adults & 1 child. But if I buy 5 day park hoppers now, to use next year its $404 each just for the 2 adult ticket.

I was planning on taking my kids, including my son at college in June 2017 since he can't come with this year. I figured it would be cheaper to upgrade my 13 & 5 yr old, and my tickets to AP's, and then just buy my 19 yr old a 5 day parkhopper at this years price. Then we will book room only, and pay out of pocket for meals.
    1999 off site- July
    2001 All Star Movies- Sept
    2004 CBR-Oct
    2005 Poly won free from Disney-Jan
    2007 POP-Oct
    2010 POP-Oct

2013POP - Oct First trip /all 3 kids- DD's 1st
    2014 All Star Movies-Nov / Mother son 2 day visit, after college tours
    2016 POP-Sep

Post Thanks / Like

You should really only base it on admission days... But, for 12 days worth of food, you might look at upgrading early, then get a TiW card to save money on dining for the September trip. If you have a package, I'd seriously look at losing the dining. I'd be surprised if the TiW didn't pay for itself in September alone

But you need to make sure you are doing that 2017 trip. If you're not for sure, look at regular multi-day tickets.

There's no difference in the start date on the AP if you upgrade at the beginning or end of your vacation. In order to get credit for the 10 day ticket, the admission days need to count on the AP. Should use the AP for everything it's worth.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: