Quantcast Young Toddler Accomodations and tips (poly)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Young Toddler Accomodations and tips (poly)

It's hard to believe that it's getting so close, but we are approaching our June trip! We will be traveling with our (then) 18 month old. While he is a crummy sleeper in general, it dawned on me that he might get no sleep while we're there. We are staying in one of the newer Poly suites, and was wondering what accomodations there are? He's too young for the awesome trundle bed. Are there still pack and plays in each room? Any families have suggestions about traveling (for the first time) with the little guy? I'm getting nervous now!
    Last edited by merryc17; 03-29-2016 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Spelling

2. Likes Eric87 liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you staying in one of the DVC studios? If so, I think the double bathroom will be awesome for you. When DD was little, we would get a pack and play (I'm not 100% sure if you have to request one, or if it will be in the cupboard already) and tuck it into the bathroom area. We could keep it pretty dark and quiet while still being able to move around the room as "grown-ups".

Otherwise, DD was also a rotten sleeper, but Disney tires them out. There is just so much going on that it was the one place she usually slept really well.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merryc17 View Post
    It's hard to believe that it's getting so close, but we are approaching our June trip! We will be traveling with our (then) 18 month old. While he is a crummy sleeper in general, it dawned on me that he might get no sleep while we're there. We are staying in one of the newer Poly suites, and was wondering what accomodations there are? He's too young for the awesome trundle bed. Are there still pack and plays in each room? Any families have suggestions about traveling (for the first time) with the little guy? I'm getting nervous now!
    We traveled when my son was 26months, and he still slept in a crib. We rented a full sized crib from Orlando Crib Rentals. It was super easy, they brought it right to the room and set it up. We flew southwest so had free luggage and brought his bedding and sound machine from home. It was a little cramped in the room with a full sized crib but it worked well.
    Many trips as a child offsite
    1995 Disney Cruise/Old key west
    New Years 2001 Caribbean Beach Resort
    March 2006 Offsite
    Sept 2010 Coronado Springs Resort
    November 2013 POR
    Sept/oct 2014 cars room at AOA
    Next trip: too long!

Post Thanks / Like

If you're staying in the Poly DVC studios, then there is a Pack N Play in the room already. And there is a lot of space for all the baby stuff without it being in the way. The layout of the rooms is really well thought out.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Always to nice to see families bring their young children to Disney World. We are annual guests and started bringing each of our boys when they were only 1 year old. We have visited Disney each year for the past 17 years since 1999. During all those years and countless days and nights at Disney, we learned how now be best navigate the parks with our kids.

You are staying at a great resort which offers all the services you need to ensure your family has a great vacation. The best advice I can give is to be patient and flexible. Disney wants us to plan everything we do while visiting the parks, however you can't always count on your kids following the plan. The weather will be hot in June, so staying out of the direct sun and heat is important. To do so, take frequent breaks, eat a snack and have a drink. There are plenty of places to take a quick break, cool off and relax in the parks. If necessary, go back to the Poly at mid-day for a swim or a short nap, then head back to the park for dinner and an evening of fun.

To end the day, consider a warm bath, glass of milk and the Disney music channel to help get your toddler to sleep. I recall many nights falling asleep with the TV playing a relaxing Disney song.

To this day I have great memories of our vacations at Disney when our boys were so young.

Have a great vacation!
    Jeff T.
    July 2021 - Yacht Club Resort
    2018, 15, 14, 12, 11, 10 - Wilderness Lodge Resort
    2017, 13, 09, 08, 07, 06, 05, 04, 03 - Beach Club Resort
    2002, 1996 - Grand Floridian Resort
    2019, 01 - Boardwalk Resort
    2016, 00 - Yacht Club Resort
    1995 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    1994 - Port Orleans Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Our outing with little ones is definitely a big change from the norm, if the norm was going wire to wire and park hopping. We've been down with our daughter back in 2011 when she was 20 months and it was awesome!! She was pretty good with sleeping, but she was an early riser, which was nice that way we always made rope drop which didn't always before. We dropped the park hopping that first trip with her and don't miss it at all. I feel like with little ones you really slow down and enjoy the ambience more. We utilized the child swap every chance and when she was awake, we took her on everything she could and started letting her pick rides she liked, and didn't worry if we did small world 3-4 times in a day. The look on her face was priceless. We brought our own stroller. It was a nice jogging stroller. It made for a smoother ride and it was plenty roomy for naps. You may want to nap at the resort with it being the middle of summer, but we hated trying to force her naps. We would notice her getting tired and would just stop in a counter service restaurant with AC and let her nap. Or we would spend that time shopping, as long as there was AC we stayed until she was out. We always had a backpack full of snacks, juice, and water for her. Ahead of time, we sent down a care package of food, diapers, wipes, and water. That way we didn't travel with it or pay out the nose on property for it, or lost vacation time going to get it on our own. Going down with a little one is just the greatest experience. Just take it slow and enjoy those special moments. No sure if you'll have a car, but I would suggest driving everywhere on your own, except maybe MK. It's a lot easier throwing your stroller in the trunk and going whenever your ready and not waiting on a bus with a tired crabby little guy, or an over excited can't sit still little guy. Sorry for such an unorganized post. I hope you guys have a great time!
    Apr 87 - Offsite
    Mar 92 - Offsite
    Jul 99 - Offsite
    Aug 99 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    Jul 03 - ASMu
    Aug 05 - Pop Century
    May 07 - ASSp
    Aug 08 - Poly/ASMu
    Mar 09 - Pop
    Sept 10 - Pop
    Oct-Nov 11 - Pop
    Nov 13 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
    Jun-Jul 14 - ASSp
    Jun 15 - Pop
    Aug 15 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, everyone for your thoughtful and helpful responses! Your stories and tips are making me more excited to go than I already was! I can't wait to share this experience with our little man

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: