Quantcast Christmas Parade on ABC - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I just watched the parade over the weekend.

I thought it was a little better than the last few years (not saying much) and even some of the performers were entertaining. But Disney is missing out on capturing WDW during the holidays becuase this parade/show is so over produced.

Instead of showcasing a bunch of Pop stars who look like they don't want to be there use the park and their performers to get into the holiday spirit. Talk to the guest at different parks. Focus on sections of the parks (Epcot or hotels). Disney has more than enough material to get thru a 2 hr special. And like many of have said....SHOW THE PARADE!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoopop View Post
    I just watched the parade over the weekend.

I thought it was a little better than the last few years (not saying much) and even some of the performers were entertaining. But Disney is missing out on capturing WDW during the holidays becuase this parade/show is so over produced.

Instead of showcasing a bunch of Pop stars who look like they don't want to be there use the park and their performers to get into the holiday spirit. Talk to the guest at different parks. Focus on sections of the parks (Epcot or hotels). Disney has more than enough material to get thru a 2 hr special. And like many of have said....SHOW THE PARADE!!!
    Totally agree. We slept in on New Years day, then made a big brunch for the family. I had recorded the show and decided to put it on and we watched it all. I would agree, not nearly as bad as I thought it would be and definitely better than last year's disaster with Tim Tebow. That said, it felt almost like every time Robin Roberts was "my apologies, but we are going to interupt our production to show you a quick snippet of the parade, but don't worry, I'll be right back".

I didn't particularly like the three family stories, but what are you going to do. The parks are so incredible during the holidays, you'd think they try to showcase that a lot more than they do. Was hoping that Samantha Brown would have been back, but alas, not to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly, not even a good commercial! I could sit through hours of coverage on the parks, resorts, etc, but not a fan of just watching musical performances of groups/individuals I mostly do not know or care for. More of the parade would be great. It was exciting to see the Star Wars segment, for example, brief as it was. But then, back to another excruciating or mundane performance. Even the "big names" weren't giving it their all. Blah.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't watch last year so I have no comparison, but I actually liked the broadcast this year (aside from Ariana Grande). Yes, they don't show much of the parade, but I can always watch the Rose Parade for that. I liked the musical acts (again, aside from the one previously mentioned) and I liked Robin Roberts hosting it.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: