Quantcast Much is changing and not all for the better - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RunDMV View Post
    The billion or so dollars spent on FP+ could have been spent on additional attractions or another park to spread out the crowds.

I have a hectic job that involves planning and scheduling. sticking to timelines and arriving to appointments on time. I don't want to do all that on vacation.
    I'm not negating your opinion or experience, just sharing mine. I absolutely would have loved to see that money spent on other things as well. But, that doesn't mean I won't share what I like about it or what happens to work well for us.
    Susanne

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If it wasn't for the Food and Wine festival, we'd go a lot less as well.

True, going to disney now requires developing a strategic project plan, mission statement, logistical and tactical consultation, and technology support. Winning the civil war and taking Normandy required less planning and gear.

The FP+ system for restroom reservations is a step too far I miss the old FP system as it allowed you to plan or not as much as you wanted. Restaurant reservations, i won't even discuss. Resorts are always a struggle if we do that, or go stay offsite (Waldorf, Hilton, Gaylord, etc). With quality shrinking there, for the same money, can stay at a really nice hotel with good room service.

IF they close a few more of the older rides, or gouge me much more, we are sticking w/ our trips to hawaii which only requires the minimum planning (flights, hotel, scotch and cigars.. and whatever the wife needs). We do like Universal and Sea World, but not enough to go every year.

Part of what brings me back. A big part, is nostalgia. The other, love the FW festival.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know which resorts you choose to stay at, but if you are in the deluxe category, I would suggest looking at a Disney Cruise - you still get a lot of the "Disney" experience, your family will get a new experience, and you gain new memories.

That being said, a Disney cruise is about two times more than NCL or RCCL. I have recently been researching the MSC cruise line out of Miami. You can get their TOP tier cabins (and all top tier perks) for about what you can get an ocean view for on the DCL. There is another website that specializes in people giving reviews of ALL cruise lines and all cruise trips - it has "critics" in their name if you want to google it.

If you have never cruised - and want the Disney experience, you cannot go wrong with DCL as a first time choice.
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, I don't think things have gone downhill.

Regarding cast members, landing the job is still highly competitive. I think Disney attracts some real stars. And it seems they train them exceptionally well. This alone sets Disney apart. That hasn't changed, and is a HUGE part of the magic.

Then there's the grounds of the parks and resorts -- from the architecture to plantings, maintenance -- all impeccable. Spotless.

Meal plan: With the plan, I do tend to overeat; but, it prompts us to try restaurants we wouldn't otherwise. And Disney rarely disappoints in this area. Still fantastic, from food to service to ambience. Great across the board. Boma, San Angel, O'Hana, Rose & Crown, etc.--all beloved still.

Regarding the new rides and development: for example, in the MK, I like it. And Gaston is always funny. Likewise for the Poly lobby. It was overdue imo.

When people say it's the memories that matter, I agree. However, that really doesn't answer the question of whether you find things have gone downhill. It's like saying, "Even if they have, I wouldn't notice." I too have a fond place in my heart for Disney based on family memories. But, to answer the question, no, I think it's every bit as good as it was, if not better, and not just because I have a special place in my heart for Disney.

The larger crowds and higher ticket prices don't improve the experience, but it's better than the opposite situation: having attendance wain because quality has slipped.
    "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. In just five minutes...."

Post Thanks / Like

It's all relative, right? We tend to think the "old days" were better, but were they?

You loved your first car right? Never mind that it leaked oil, the mileage was bad and it didn't have AC, but it will always have a special place in your heart.

The same is true for Disney. The first time you walked through that gate and into the MK was special. We know there are Disney lovers, likers and haters, but I think all would agree walking into that park sort of transports you to another world.

Yes it was clean and back then the crowds might have been fewer. However I'm sure Disney still had to do their best with maintenance and customer experience, but isn't it all relative?
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: