Quantcast Annual Pass Changes - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone said the payment plan option is still showing, but does anyone have an idea on what the payments are? Right now I pay $40 for my regular Fl res AP, and $20 each a month for my DH and DD. How much of an increase monthly will I be looking at probably? DD and DH are set to renew in February. I just renewed in August.

Edited: Ok I looked it up. Since the Disney Silver pass now includes parking and still has pretty much the same blackout dates that the seasonal pass had, I will renew mine next year at that rate. (That is really the only reason I had the upgraded pass and not the rest of my family) and the price for us will pretty much balance out. Not to crazy for us at least.
    ºoº Lizzy ºoº

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    These prices are a bargain compared to Disneyland's increases. The Premuim AP jumped $300! It's $1049 now.
    I just don't understand the huge price jump. I'm okay with the next tier down but hate the idea that there are blocked dates for that price.
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badkitty View Post
    I just don't understand the huge price jump. I'm okay with the next tier down but hate the idea that there are blocked dates for that price.
    Me too. But, at least it's only those weeks in December. I don't ever go then anyway. That's what I'll be getting next year I guess.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy View Post
    Someone said the payment plan option is still showing, but does anyone have an idea on what the payments are? Right now I pay $40 for my regular Fl res AP, and $20 each a month for my DH and DD. How much of an increase monthly will I be looking at probably? DD and DH are set to renew in February. I just renewed in August.

Edited: Ok I looked it up. Since the Disney Silver pass now includes parking and still has pretty much the same blackout dates that the seasonal pass had, I will renew mine next year at that rate. (That is really the only reason I had the upgraded pass and not the rest of my family) and the price for us will pretty much balance out. Not to crazy for us at least.
    That's what I've been going over and over myself.
    Although I do think I'll keep mine upgraded because I do like having the added photopass woven in. But of course only need one

Now that I've calmed down and can look at it more clearly.
    And it really is still the most bang for our buck.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

These prices are a bargain compared to Disneyland's increases. The Premuim AP jumped $300! It's $1049 now.
    Wow!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

From the Disney renewal website;
    " If you purchased your pass before October 4, 2015, you may be asked to select one of these great new passes when you renew your Passholder status."
    You may be asked? I'm not taking bets on this poorly couched statement.
    Fortunately, I recently renewed our Florida resident annual passes since they were due to expire on October 4th, just dodged that bullet!
    I verified with Disney that since I had renewed before October 4th that the annual passes provide the same benefits as last year, I don't know that they would extend the same courtesy if I had renewed during the renewal grace period had the passes expired after the 4th. It may be worth inquiring if any of you are in that grace period now (within 60 days prior to expiration)!
    Wells
    "But...I don't want to go among mad people."

"Oh, you can't help that," said the cat, "we're all mad here"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    From the Disney renewal website;
    " If you purchased your pass before October 4, 2015, you may be asked to select one of these great new passes when you renew your Passholder status."
    You may be asked? I'm not taking bets on this poorly couched statement.
    Fortunately, I recently renewed our Florida resident annual passes since they were due to expire on October 4th, just dodged that bullet!
    I verified with Disney that since I had renewed before October 4th that the annual passes provide the same benefits as last year, I don't know that they would extend the same courtesy if I had waited to renew during the renewal grace period after the 4th. It may be worth inquiring if any of you are in that grace period now (within 60 days prior to expiration)!
    We are in that window, as our passes expired yesterday. As we are arriving November 1, withing the 30 day window, we were going to wait to renew our passes. However, I spoke with my sister and we are going to call and renew through member services over the weekend (DVC). I will let you know what happens. I suspect we will have to go with one of the new AP passes.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Hammer,
    I agree, I think you will have to select a new pass option.
    Also from the Disney passholder renewal page;
    "You may renew your Passholder status up to 60 days before its expiration date."
    I don't think they extend the grace period beyond the expiration date any longer.
    I think those of you who currently have a Florida resident annual pass that expires within 60 days after the October 4th date may still have a chance.
    Either way, still worth a try!
    Wells

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    As I remember, many people commented that we could see this plan being implemented for Annual Passes, which is exactly what has happened. I think if this does not achieve the the profit numbers that are forecasted by the people in the ivory tower, it may not be rolled out to the other types of ticket media, at least not for a while.
    I have every reason to believe tier pricing will be coming to regular tickets sooner than anyone thinks... And the price hike won't be pretty...

What makes this tiered and new pricing system absurd is adding memory maker and automatically charging for it... I don't use it, and I won't... But if I wanted an AP, I'd have to pay for it? That's a rip off, pretty much criminal making a customer (let's face it, Disney stopped thinking of you all as guests a long time ago) pay for a service they don't want or won't use...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    What makes this tiered and new pricing system absurd is adding memory maker and automatically charging for it... I don't use it, and I won't... But if I wanted an AP, I'd have to pay for it? That's a rip off, pretty much criminal making a customer (let's face it, Disney stopped thinking of you all as guests a long time ago) pay for a service they don't want or won't use...
    What also bothers me is now each member of my family is being charged for it and won't use it.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    What also bothers me is now each member of my family is being charged for it and won't use it.
    That too... They should have made it an add on option for 1 or all passes bought on an account, not force you to have to buy it... But this is Disney where greed wins out and common sense does not exist...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

That too... They should have made it an add on option for 1 or all passes bought on an account, not force you to have to buy it... But this is Disney where greed wins out and common sense does not exist...
    I agree with it being an option. A nice add in where you're charged in one sum instead of paying here and there for pictures.
    For us though it works well either way. I actually didn't buy the pictures much because they were kind of overpriced IMO. But Added in where I don't really "miss" the money I will definitely get getting them!
    And for us I just get my sons the tier down so they don't have the option since we only need one.

I kind of disagree on Disney not caring though. The more I go over it the more I think they are just trying to make it more convenient. Like one price for everything. So you're not Purchasing a ticket, then purchasing pics, paying for parking, etc.
    But I'm a glass half full kind of gal

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    Of course Disney also will sell you a refillable glass
    Wells

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Of course Disney also will sell you a refillable glass
    And that's why I buy when I'm staying at the resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    I agree with it being an option. A nice add in where you're charged in one sum instead of paying here and there for pictures.
    For us though it works well either way. I actually didn't buy the pictures much because they were kind of overpriced IMO. But Added in where I don't really "miss" the money I will definitely get getting them!
    And for us I just get my sons the tier down so they don't have the option since we only need one.

I kind of disagree on Disney not caring though. The more I go over it the more I think they are just trying to make it more convenient. Like one price for everything. So you're not Purchasing a ticket, then purchasing pics, paying for parking, etc.
    Sorry, but they don't care about you... That's why I laugh when Disney fans defend the mouse with every last breath they have.... If they cared, they wouldn't be trying to rip you off...

As for the pass options, of course this will work for some people who feel they need to pay for every little thing Disney offers... And that's fine, what ever makes your vacation/stay better for you... But it doesn't work for many others... Why should I be punished because I don't use or want to use Memory Maker? Why should I have to pay for something I don't want to use? Disney's thinking only about bottom line, they aren't thinking about you... No, they aren't trying to make it easier... Essentially, they are stealing from guests making them pay for a service the guest isn't going to be or want to use, and yes, that is disgusting...

Again, if Disney truly cared, the prices wouldn't be so high and they would offer MM as an option on the annual passes not rob from their guests by making people pay for a service not used...

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but they don't care about you... That's why I laugh when Disney fans defend the mouse with every last breath they have.... If they cared, they wouldn't be trying to rip you off...

As for the pass options, of course this will work for some people who feel they need to pay for every little thing Disney offers... And that's fine, what ever makes your vacation/stay better for you... But it doesn't work for many others... Why should I be punished because I don't use or want to use Memory Maker? Why should I have to pay for something I don't want to use? Disney's thinking only about bottom line, they aren't thinking about you... No, they aren't trying to make it easier... Essentially, they are stealing from guests making them pay for a service the guest isn't going to be or want to use, and yes, that is disgusting...

Again, if Disney truly cared, the prices wouldn't be so high and they would offer MM as an option on the annual passes not rob from their guests by making people pay for a service not used...
    The addition of Memory Maker was simply a way to justify a price increase. That is all. That doesn't cost the company any money, hardly, to operate (PhotoPass). It is almost 100% profit for them. They lose nothing when the majority of guests don't purchase photos or Memory Maker. But adding it in lets them say "yes, we increased the price, but look what you get with it." It's a psychological value add.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Not a FL resident... Would hope to retire there someday.

Never been an AP holder... Just don't go there more than once a year - makes no sense to have it.

BUT didn't anyone wonder where the Disney Company was going to come up the Millions to Billions of dollars needed for all the park refurbishments that are scheduled for the next 5 years?

Not to mention the parking lot price hike.

Greed?
    Money Grab?
    Disney Don't Care About You Anymore?

I'm not sure and I'm not arguing or looking for an argument...least not today.

I'm just wondering is all. Not like we are getting anything more for our money. They have HUGE bills to pay for enhancements. And I think the money has to come from somewhere to accomplish this. I doubt these AP price hikes are due to a wage increase for CM's.

I'm not in support of it but the impact to me is not there for the reasons listed at the beginning of my post. Sure I've paid other increases for clothing and admission and room stays over the years. Heck I do that yearly when going HOME. Guess I'm just not surprised at this hike is all.

OK...have at it.
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Been There; Done That; Got The Shirt; AND GOING BACK!

Post Thanks / Like

The addition of Memory Maker was simply a way to justify a price increase. That is all. That doesn't cost the company any money, hardly, to operate (PhotoPass). It is almost 100% profit for them. They lose nothing when the majority of guests don't purchase photos or Memory Maker. But adding it in lets them say "yes, we increased the price, but look what you get with it." It's a psychological value add.
    And if I don't want to buy photos or use Memory Maker, then I am being charged for a service I choose not to participate in... Simply stated, they are stealing from guests who buy APs and do not want to use this service... it is worth it for people who do, but not for people who don't... Why should I have to pay for this? Raise the AP price like they have been doing anyway, just add MM as an extra charge option... it is a simple solution, but with TWDC management, anything to dig deeper into guests wallets...

Post Thanks / Like

And if I don't want to buy photos or use Memory Maker, then I am being charged for a service I choose not to participate in... Simply stated, they are stealing from guests who buy APs and do not want to use this service... it is worth it for people who do, but not for people who don't... Why should I have to pay for this? Raise the AP price like they have been doing anyway, just add MM as an extra charge option... it is a simple solution, but with TWDC management, anything to dig deeper into guests wallets...
    So you would rather they increase the price without adding anything?
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I agree it should be an add-on option. However, this is no different than offering ME to everyone for FREE, when not EVERYONE uses it. I can guarantee we're all paying for it, regardless.

They say potato, I say potato but we're still eating the same vegetable.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: