Quantcast Family Reunion Trip Redoux - Day 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Family Reunion Trip Redoux - Day 2

Me and DH
    DD – 15 and 14
    DS – 12
    And 24 more grandparents, siblings, aunts and uncles, nephews and nieces, and cousins galore!

Today was our first MK day! We arrived around 9:15, had FP+ for Splash Mtn, Space Mtn and 7 Dwarfs, also rode Small World, BTMRR. I thought 7 Dwarfs was super cute, but the rest of my family were a little disappointed. They are more for thrill rides. Met up with more family, and all ate at Cosmic Ray’s for lunch. I had the burger, which was surprisingly tasty, with green beans that were also good, and mango gelato for dessert. I am not a fan of the taste of sugar substitute, and I am pretty sure the mango gelato had some, but the mango flavor was strong enough to mask it. I enjoyed it!

I realized I had not excused the kids from school when I got unexcused absence emails, so I called when we were in line for Barnstormer. Not sure if they could hear the music in the background?!

Our whole big group headed back to Splash Mtn to ride together. We rode rides all afternoon, lines were hit and miss, then met up at ‘Ohana for dinner. They were able to accommodate our group of 26 at one long table. The food was exceptional – from the pineapple bread to start, to the bread pudding to end. We had beef, shrimp, and chicken. It was all good, and all cooked well, but the seasoning on the chicken was my favorite. The dipping sauces were also delicious. The gal playing and singing was a fun entertainer and got some laughs when she sang to the tween and teen boys in our group. And I should reiterate – the bread pudding was to die for!

After dinner, part of our group went to Night of Joy. The number of people was astounding! One of the three stages was located inside (or behind?) the Carousel of Progress and they limited the number of people they admitted to the area. We were able to get in and watch Francesca Battistelli perform her second set. It was a great show. Her voice sounded better in person than on the radio. We also heard various other groups, and rode some rides without many lines. We did not stay all night, but headed home around midnight. I had read some negative reports on Night of Joy beforehand, but for us it was a good experience. Yes, there were a LOT of people, but we had no problem finding a spot to stand/sit or hearing the music, and everyone was polite and well mannered.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Music is a great added touch when calling the kids out of school, LOL. Sounds like a fun packed day.
    Brian

December 9 -December 18, 2015 POR
    Sept 24 - Oct 4, 2009, POFQ
    September, 2008 - CBR
    April, 1988-offsite

Post Thanks / Like

So great they could get you all together at one table at 'Ohana!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

It's nice to hear something good about the night of joy! You had a packed day!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like you're having lots of fun with your extended family! What a large dinner gathering!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: