Quantcast Question on 2nd set of magic bands (2nd trip)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question on 2nd set of magic bands (2nd trip)

Hi everyone!

Just got my notification that magic bands were mailed The email that I got though showed my color from last year and this year - not my husband's colors. So, do I need to worry that they are sending me two for me and none for him? Also, it said there are 2 bands and a card that are all active - I don't know what that means. Do both my old band and my new one work with my upcoming trip?

The mde shows both bands for me and both bands for DH plus a card (maybe last year's photo pass?).

I know i am slightly paranoid, I just like everything to go smoothly!! So excited for the upcoming trip
    POFQ 09/2013, 09/2014, 09/2015
    WL 09/2011, 09/2012
    POR 09/2010, 09/2009, 09/2008, 05/2007, 05/2006, 05/2004,
    AKL 05/2003
    POR 05/2001, 10/98
    Next POP 9/2016
    All Star Sports 09/95
    Honeymoon Dixie Landings Aug 1994
    1978 first visit to Magic Kingdom

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that I just read (maybe in one of these threads) that there is now an option to decline Magic Bands if you already have a set. If you have multiple sets they will all work for your trip. Hope that helps and if that is not the case someone please verify as this will be our 1st trip with Magic Bands.

Have a great trip!!
    Kristina șOș
    Next Trip is October, 2016!! Back to Poly!!!

5/1999 Port Orleans-1st Trip
    6/2000 Contemporary
    9/2002 Caribbean Beach
    4/2002 Polynesian
    10/2003 Polynesian

2/2004 Wilderness Lodge
    9/2006 Polynesian
    11/2008 Pop Century
    11/2009 Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Yea! That means your trip is close.

Yes, your "old" bands will still work for this upcoming trip. Any band that shows as "active" in MDE will work ... so you could use an old one or a new one. You can deactivate them if you want to, but there really isn't any reason to ... unless you start collecting A LOT of them (then sometimes the system goes a bit wonky, but with 2 or 3, no worries at all, they will all work.) I know some people who have collected a full colour set, and wear the one that best matches their outfit each day - I LOVE that idea.

I'm not sure about the email. I'm sure you can check the customization in MDE, and I expect you'll get what you requested, although the email does seem strange, but Disney IT has done stranger things.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDW&MK View Post
    The email that I got though showed my color from last year and this year - not my husband's colors. So, do I need to worry that they are sending me two for me and none for him?

Also, it said there are 2 bands and a card that are all active - I don't know what that means. Do both my old band and my new one work with my upcoming trip?

The mde shows both bands for me and both bands for DH plus a card (maybe last year's photo pass?).:
    1) if you're talking about the email the begins: "Great news!..." , then you needn't be concerned. The bands that are being displayed at the top is just a graphic on the email and has no bearing on what's being shipped. That they happen to match the two colors of your two trips is purely coincidental. Our latest set of bands (#7) arrived today. The email has a pink and blue band - none of our 4 bands are pink or blue.

2) MDE shows all bands and cards. Cards are usually admission tickets of some sort, but can also be MemoryMaker. And yes, all bands will work for your upcoming trip. You can disable them if you want to, but there's no reason to do so. Certainly not with just a couple of bands.

You should be just fine. Everything you're describing is normal.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Phew! Thank you all so much for the info!!! I feel a lot better now. Yes, funny the mail matched just my magicband choices. I was afraid DH would be without a new magic band
    I figured you all would know the answers!! Can't wait until my trip. Yes, the time is getting close. Anticipation is always the part of the fun

Thanks again!!
    Kari
    POFQ 09/2013, 09/2014, 09/2015
    WL 09/2011, 09/2012
    POR 09/2010, 09/2009, 09/2008, 05/2007, 05/2006, 05/2004,
    AKL 05/2003
    POR 05/2001, 10/98
    Next POP 9/2016
    All Star Sports 09/95
    Honeymoon Dixie Landings Aug 1994
    1978 first visit to Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

KPen, Thank you for volunteering that you can have many hooked up per person. I was looking for just that answer!!!! :-). You must have your ears on...lol, well, with your trip coming up soon and all...lol
    Sarah K.
    85-87 Campground - 89 CAbins
    91 The Tree House Villas - 2001 Nov. Lake Buena Vista Best W.
    2002 Movies - 2002 Sports
    2003 Music - 2004 Cabins
    2006 DW Movies
    2013 DisneyLand- Embassy Suites S
    2014 Disneyland-Anaheim Plaza
    2015 Disneyworld Sports
    2017 DL?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: