Quantcast Anaheim Majestic Garden Inn

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anaheim Majestic Garden Inn

Has anyone stayed at the Anaheim Majestic Garden Inn - what was your impression? Just looking for something clean, nice and affordable - doesn't need to be luxurious.

ºoº Trips ºoº
    86 – Days Inn
    87, 88 – Cocoa Beach/Pelican Landing
    94, 99, 00, 02 – Fort Wilderness Homes/Cabins
    06 - Paradise Pier
    08 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - MK
    11 - DL Paris
    12 - Coronado Springs
    13 - DL/California Adventure
    14 - All Star Movies
    15 - All Star Movies

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That used to be a Sheraton and was recently purchased and renamed. It is operated by an Asian company now. It has very mixed reviews.

To be honest, the location of this hotel is pretty bad for access to the parks. There are numerous better options on Harbor Blvd, within an easy walk to the parks. I would recommend something on Harbor for staying off property.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I stayed there 29 years ago when it was a Sheraton and there were not many hotels in the area to choose from other than the Disneyland Hotel, mostly motels. It was nice but not so outstanding that I remember any details other than the look of the outside of the building. The area was very different then. There was not a Downtown Disney, no DCA, no parking structure, fewer surface streets, and far fewer lanes on the freeway. Now the hotel is smack dab in the middle of the freeway, main freeway on ramps out of the parking structure, and heavily traveled surface streets. It seems like it might be noisy.

I agree with Natalie that looking on Harbor is a better plan. There are so many choices that are closer to the park entrances.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I have no opinion about the specific hotel you mentioned, but my husband and I just stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn, right on Harbor Blvd. Perfect location, not too expensive, clean and there was an included breakfast. Literally less than a 10 minute walk to the parks.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    ~Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips. How about the Anabella?

ºoº Trips ºoº
    86 – Days Inn
    06 - Paradise Pier
    08 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - MK
    11 - DL Paris
    12 - Coronado Springs
    14 - All Star Movies
    15 - All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSpirit02 View Post
    Thanks for the tips. How about the Anabella?
    Eh, it's also kinda far. You have to enter the parks at the point on Harbor where the Best Western Park Place Inn is located. Do yourself a favor and use Google maps satellite view and look at which hotels are within a block of that entrance on Harbor Blvd, from the Howard Johnson at the north end to about the Candy Cane Inn at the south end. Those hotels in that zone are a comfortable 5-15 min walk. You won't want to have to go further than that. The Anabella is great if you are attending a convention, but it's quite a long walk to the parks.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

If you go a little further down Harbor you can also get close to the Toy Story lot which you can walk to and take the shuttle to. I've done that multiple times. I would definitely recommend going onto Google maps and see how close things are to the Harbor entrance.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    If you go a little further down Harbor you can also get close to the Toy Story lot which you can walk to and take the shuttle to. I've done that multiple times. I would definitely recommend going onto Google maps and see how close things are to the Harbor entrance.
    You can do that. However I don't know how much time you actually save by doing that. I park at that lot often and the bus ride is quite long. Time from getting in line for the bus to being at the bag check area is often 10-15 min. I think you could just walk in the same amount of time.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    You can do that. However I don't know how much time you actually save by doing that. I park at that lot often and the bus ride is quite long. Time from getting in line for the bus to being at the bag check area is often 10-15 min. I think you could just walk in the same amount of time.
    This is true, but even sitting on the bus for 10-15 minutes feels so good on tired legs and feet! I wish I had done this when I was further down Harbor. Next trip, we're staying closer!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

So I took your recommendations and looked for affordable hotels between the Candy Cane Inn and Howard Johnson. Which of these would you go for?

- Cortona Inn
    - Anaheim Plaza
    - Holiday Inn

ºoº Trips ºoº
    86 – Days Inn
    06 - Paradise Pier
    08 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - MK
    11 - DL Paris
    12 - Coronado Springs
    14 - All Star Movies
    15 - All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at the Cortona multiple times and it's my go-to hotel for the price and location. That's not to say the others are no good, just that I've had very good experience with the Cortona and no experience with the others. That said, it's been about two years since I've been down there so things may have changed.

1.) They have a free breakfast. It's pretty standard with cold cereal, bagels, etc. I did like that they had hard boiled eggs (I'm not an egg person, but having some sort of protein is important. They also had fruit (apples and oranges, I think) which hasn't been available at some of the other places I've stayed at (the Tropicana, specifically).
    2.) It's literally right across the street from the Toy Story lot. At the end of the day it's easy to get on a bus to that parking lot and walk to the hotel.
    3.) Parking is limited. Which brings me to my last comment.
    4.) The last time I was there they were building another hotel between the Cortona (which is set back from Harbor) and the road. That ate into the parking lot as well as the construction equipment being set up in the lot. I'm sure that that construction is finished - or is close to being finished. The construction itself didn't bother us since we were gone all day at the park but if that's something that may be an issue you should check on that.

The rooms were pretty large and clean and the front desk was friendly. Honestly, I'd go back here again with no qualms.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

The new Holiday Inn Express? Probably that one. The Cortona is further away than the Anabella. The Anaheim Plaza has a LOT of bad reviews, and apparently a cockroach problem.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    The new Holiday Inn Express? Probably that one. The Cortona is further away than the Anabella. The Anaheim Plaza has a LOT of bad reviews, and apparently a cockroach problem.
    Just realized the pricing I was looking at was for Holiday Inn & Suites on South Walnut... not the Express...oops. I'm not super familiar with the area - proximity wise it looks close... but satellie view is making it look like the walk could be tricky??

ºoº Trips ºoº
    86 – Days Inn
    06 - Paradise Pier
    08 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - Candy Cane Inn
    11 - MK
    11 - DL Paris
    12 - Coronado Springs
    14 - All Star Movies
    15 - All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSpirit02 View Post
    Just realized the pricing I was looking at was for Holiday Inn & Suites on South Walnut... not the Express...oops. I'm not super familiar with the area - proximity wise it looks close... but satellie view is making it look like the walk could be tricky??
    No good. Unless you will have a car.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Ramada Plaza Anaheim located on Katella is also a good place to stay. Reasonable rates, about a ten minute walk to the parks, and a complimentary breakfast buffet every day.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: