Quantcast No Parks this Trip...Just resort and ???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default No Parks this Trip...Just resort and ???

We have a couple of WDW trips lined up, and are planning on no parks this time. Our preschool age kids are happy riding the bus around and exploring the different playgrounds at this point, and consider the AKL to be about the same as AK...so no parks. We're going in Oct for the Halloween party. But this time we just want to enjoy the beach and pool at the CBR, and also generally just exploring (i.e. riding the monorail, finding fun playgrounds, taking our time, etc.)

What are some of your favorite "non-park" things to do while at WDW? I'm most looking forward to playing at the pool, but also visiting AKL and GF, and maybe WL.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time. I have started doing this too just going to different resorts to check them out and hang out. With small children I would definitely go to AOA they will love the pool there and the theme is awesome for little ones too.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

FW campground has a sing-a-long and movie at night. When I went Chip and Dale came. There is/was pony rides there.

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously Downtown Disney can be a huge part of this. Not just the shopping, either. The movie theater with restaurant is a different experience. Also, my youngest LOVES the Dockside Dance Party. One of the DJs (different depending on the night) is really interactive and gets people up and doing things, including a few contests like a huge Simon Says contest (which I WON last time). There's also the water play area at DTD.

I'm going to a conference at Coronado Springs in November, and since i'll be busy every day until 6pm, it doesn't make sense to spend $$$ on park tickets. So i'll be doing things like that...checking out resorts, going to DTD. I'm thinking about playing a round of golf the last day after the conference ends, and maybe going to see La Nouba one evening (which i've never done). I'm really looking forward to it!
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Riverside and FQ have some activities that your kids might like (fishing, bike rentals) and you could take the boat between the resorts and DTD.

We enjoyed renting small boats from WL and cruising the lagoon. WL has a geyser too.
    12/99-All-Star Sports * 5/01-POR * 4/02-AKL * 5/03-DL * 5/04-POFQ * 2/05-POR * 5/05-offsite * 10/05-WL * 12/05-DL * 2/06-offsite * 12/06-POP * 4/07-Coronado Springs * 10/07-WL * 4/08-POFQ * 5/10-POFQ * 7/12-DL * 2/14-DL * 6/15-YC

Next Trip ???

Post Thanks / Like

We just did this in January and went to different resorts to explore. Rode the monorail through Epcot. And went to downtown Disney. So many things to do i'm sure whatever you choose will be a great adventure with lots of memories.
    Enjoy
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Post Thanks / Like

Canoe the canals at Fort Wilderness.
    Go to the movies at Downtown Disney.
    Each resort typically has activities for kids - check out the agenda to see what's going on
    Find a viewing location for fireworks such as the 4th floor at the Contemporary.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

The mini golf courses are a lot of fun!
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh! And don't forget the nighttime street performers on the Boardwalk.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Resort things to do.....

On our recent trip, we took the Monorail to the Polynesian resort,explored it, grabbed a pineapple soft serve, headed to the beach area and spent over an hour under a palm tree with our toes in the sand.......it was really nice.

First Trip - 2001 February - Off Property
    Second Trip - 2012 October - Pop Century, MNSSHP
    Third Trip - 2013 October - Pop Century, MNSSHP
    Fourth Trip-2015 April -Pop Century, Caribbean Beach
    Fifth Trip - 2015 October - Caribbean Beach Resort, MNSSHP
    Sixth trip - 2016 October - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

There are also carriage rides and pony rides at FW. I think it is near Pioneer Hall.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

There are many things to do at the different resorts. AKL has the bead activities kids can earn. POR has Yeehaw Bob. Fun night to enjoy earlier on with little kids. BW has the entertainers out at night that are always fun to see. DTD has different things going on. FW has the campfire with Chip and Dale and a movie.

There is so much to do that doesn't involve the parks.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

You can always watch Wishes! from the beach at the Polynesian! It is a wonderful atmosphere and an amazing view.

We spend a lot of our time hotel hopping as well. Not that we don't love the parks but the atmosphere at the hotels is just as magical.

The boardwalk offers a little extra space to walk around or eat. They sometimes have entertainers as well. If you stick around you can see Illuminations.

We have done little things such as mini golf outside of the Swan/Dolphin when looking to kill time before a Dinner reservation. It is something different but still very "Disney."
    #rundisney

Marathon Weekend Half Marathon: 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015

Next Trip: Wine and Dine Half Marathon-November 2015 (trip 24)

Post Thanks / Like

So much to do......if you go to Ft. wilderness they have farm animals and the horse barn. I have a great picture of our youngest with a huge fluffy chicken. Her sister who was around 8 at the time watched in horror as our 4 year old scooped the chicken up and proudly held it ( the cast member said it was ok to gently pick it up).

We like to ride boats and a nice boat ride is from Riverside to DTD. You get to see a lot and it is a very relaxing ride.Also the ride from MK to Wilderness Lodge is nice, especially at sunset.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: