Quantcast June or Oct

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: June or Oct

Post Thanks / Like

Default June or Oct

We are working on planning our next Disney vacation and we typically go around Thanksgiving or Christmas. This time we are looking at going the beginning of June or beginning of Oct next year. What is everyone's feedback on crowds, pricing, etc for both of these times of year? Any complaints or things you just love?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer October. You'll be there for the Food & Wine Festival and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

In my mind, there are a number of factors to weigh here, and you'll need to decide what your likes/dislikes and priorities are.

Both times will have events going on. The first two weekends in June are Star Wars Weekends - great fun if you're a Star Wars fan! In October the Food and Wine Festival will be going on over at Epcot. The Halloween parties are also happening at MK.

It will be hot and humid in June, with the intensity of both increasing as the month goes on. October can have some wonderful weather, but it can also be very hot and humid. In my experience October gets the nod for weather, but not by a whole lot.

Crowds - well neither time will be "light" by any stretch, but then not insane either. The earlier in June the lighter, but crowds build quickly. First week is OK, by the second it's just flat out crowded. October is probably a bit less crowded than June, but it varies wildly.

As far as room pricing goes, October is cheaper. You might even get a decent discount offer. Discounts (if any) in June tend to not be quite as good as in the Fall and have more restrictions.

One big plus for June is that the parks are open later. MK will generally be open until 11 or midnight at least. In October, the lighter crowds mean fewer hours at the parks. In addition, you can expect most attractions to be open in June, whereas in October, you can count on a few attractions going down for referb. June is also a great time to visit the water parks.

Personally, I like October, but I've been in June as well, and it's just as much fun.

Hope this helps a bit.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

No-brainer decision...October
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

October would be my choice as well...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Date

Another vote for October
    * 2003 - Beach Club
    * 2004 - Downtown Disney
    * 2004 - ASS
    * 2005 - ASS
    * 2006 - Disneyland
    * 2008 - CSR
    * 2009 - CSR
    * 2010 - Beach Club
    * 2012 - CSR - (2)
    * 2013 - POP
    * 2013 - ASM
    * 2014 - Pop (2)
    * 2015 - CSR
    * 2017 - POP
    * 2019 - POP
    * 2020 - POP
    * 2021 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

October would be the better choice in terms of crowd level and cost. Food & wine festival is a must, and the Halloween Party at MK. Milder weather than June as well. Only possible downside, I don't know if park hours are significantly cut back or not. They would more than likely be longer in June than October
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

October. Without a second thought - October. MNSSHP and F&W! May have a shot at free dining if that is something that interests you as well. Free dining hasn't been announced yet, but I was able to take advantage last October.
    Michael
    You ain't never had a friend like me!

DVC Owner - AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Another one for October. That is our favorite month to go. The weather is still warm and not oppressively humid.

Post Thanks / Like

I was leaning towards October so i'm glad for the majority that seems to be the preferred choice as well. I've always wanted to do the MNSSHP so this is my chance. We have yet to go to disney without the free dining plan so fingers crossed its offered on this trip. Thanks for everyones input.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: