Quantcast Just curious? Free Dining

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just curious? Free Dining

I was wondering, if I added the Quick service dining plan to my already current reservation and free-dining comes along during my stay does Disney refund the difference if I phone and request the free dining plan and it is available or do you think they would say it's not available just because I have already made the dining reservation?
    Make them now or wait to see if free dining comes along?
    Sort of long winded, I hope someone understands what I am trying to get at.

Thanks Travelfanatic1
    2015 - All Star Sports
    2013 - All Star Music
    2012 - Universal (Royal Pacific)
    2010 - Caribbean Beach
    2009 - Caribbean Beach
    2006 - All Star Sports
    2005 - All Star Sports
    2004 - All Star Sports
    2003 - All Star Sports
    1999 - Fort Wilderness

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Travelfanatic1 View Post
    I was wondering, if I added the Quick service dining plan to my already current reservation and free-dining comes along during my stay does Disney refund the difference if I phone and request the free dining plan and it is available or do you think they would say it's not available just because I have already made the dining reservation?
    Make them now or wait to see if free dining comes along?
    Sort of long winded, I hope someone understands what I am trying to get at.

Thanks Travelfanatic1
    You can call as soon as the time period to book with free dining opens and amend your reservation. Make sure you do it as soon as it opens up as they only allow so many packages per hotel to be booked with the promo. If you have Disney visa sometimes they open it up for card members a few days earlier.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

If you have an existing reservation and free dining is offered later for your dates, you will have to cancel and re-book. Disney will not automagically convert you to the free dining special. This is true whether you have added a dining package or not.

Cancelling means that any and all funds applied toward the reservation will be refunded back to whatever payment method you used. You will then have to pay at least the required deposit on the new reservation.

Making dining reservations has absolutely nothing to do with the dining plan. Anyone can make dining reservations up to 180 days in advance. Having reservations will not preclude you from getting free dining should it be offered.

Your best option is to contact Magical Journeys (I'm a fan of Karen), have them take over your existing reservation and let them deal with any future discounts or free dining offers that may be offered.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fangorn View Post
    If you have an existing reservation and free dining is offered later for your dates, you will have to cancel and re-book. Disney will not automagically convert you to the free dining special. This is true whether you have added a dining package or not.

Cancelling means that any and all funds applied toward the reservation will be refunded back to whatever payment method you used. You will then have to pay at least the required deposit on the new reservation.
    This isn't correct for packages. If you have a package already booked and then free dining comes out, you can convert the existing package to the new offer, based on availability at your resort. You do not have to cancel first.

You do have to contact Disney to do that though (unless you booked through a TA), it doesn't automatically convert for you.
    Proud DVC owner

Post Thanks / Like

Please tell me that it is correct that I will not have to cancel and rebook my package should free dining become available!!! How would that affect any ADR's or fast passes that have been booked under the original reservation?

Post Thanks / Like

Canceling a package will not cancel your dining reservations.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank goodness!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneyjo46 View Post
    Please tell me that it is correct that I will not have to cancel and rebook my package should free dining become available!!! How would that affect any ADR's or fast passes that have been booked under the original reservation?
    You do not have to cancel your package to add free dining. We've done this a number of times (sometimes on our own, more often with Magical Journey's making the change for us). We've always kept the same confirmation numbers, and the same payments.

However, if you (for some reason) cancel your package, it doesn't automatically cancel your ADR's.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: