Quantcast Talking Mickey

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Talking Mickey

Post Thanks / Like

Default Talking Mickey

Hi Everyone, we leave in a couple of days for WDW! I am REALLY hoping that Talking Mickey is now available at Town Square Theatre. Can anyone confirm for me that is occurring? I don't want to wait in line if he isn't EVERYTIME as we will see him in various spots throughout our trip. TIA!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

He was there on our last trip. I'm pretty sure it's permanent location
    Sep '15 - VWL/3 night Cruise on Dream
    Jan '15 - BLT and Vero Beach
    Jan '14 - Disneyland Hotel
    Sept '13 - AKL
    Jun '13 - Pop Century
    Dec '12 - Saratoga Springs
    Feb '12 - Port Orleans FQ
    '10 - AS Music
    '08 - Pop Century
    '05 - Contemporary
    '03 - Carribean Beach
    '96 - offsite
    '95 - offsite

Post Thanks / Like

You can indeed meet Mickey at TST. However...there is no guarantee he will talk (there is always the chance he has to "save his voice" for something)
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

It was our first day in the park on the first day of our trip and we were in Town Square Hall getting a few quick magic band pointers from a very friendly CM and she whispered to the girls "be sure to think of some questions to ask Mickey".

Of course my precocious middle child asked Micket "when are you going to marry Minnie?" and I swore you could almost see Mickey blush. He started putting his hand by his color and stammering "oh my, is it getting hot in here?" The interactive Mickey was pretty cool. We were there last week of January and from what I can tell, both Tink and Mickey are for now permanent fixtures in Town Hall.

I can't state that he speaks all the time, but his voice was in good form that day

Post Thanks / Like

sorry, just want to clarify, so is it most of the time he "talks" now in the TST or is it still reg mickey most of the time and you "chance" get a talking version? we have met mickey SEVERAL times in the past and don't want to wait in line for a "regular" mickey once again. Sorry to be a pain!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak1313 View Post
    sorry, just want to clarify, so is it most of the time he "talks" now in the TST or is it still reg mickey most of the time and you "chance" get a talking version? we have met mickey SEVERAL times in the past and don't want to wait in line for a "regular" mickey once again. Sorry to be a pain!
    Most of the time he will talk, but there are still times he won't be (and you won't know until you are in the room with him)
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

thank you Joanna...you are always helpful

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak1313 View Post
    thank you Joanna...you are always helpful
    You're welcome!
    Cruises:

Post Thanks / Like

Can you get him to say people's names? I imagine he could probably. We want to see if we can get him to say hello to some people on video
    Caribbean Beach '91
    Dixie Landings '96
    Coronado Springs '11
    Kidani Village '15

Post Thanks / Like

As far as I'm aware, he doesn't say specific names
    Cruises:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    As far as I'm aware, he doesn't say specific names
    I thought that was rumored to be part of the whole RFID stuff...he would 'magically' know the children's names. Guess that never came to be?

I have to say, I've never seen articulated Mickey, but not rushing to do so either. It's kind of creepy to me.

Post Thanks / Like

We've never met the talking Mickey, everytime we've been to Town Square, he hasn't been the chatty one. When we do meet him, I think it will freak me out more than a little bit. I'm quite good with the "regular" Mickey.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We've met Mickey twice at Town Square over the past two trips (a year apart), and both times he spoke... a lot!

And...I have the kind of luck that I would normally be the person who had a mute Mickey twice, so I would wager that you'll have a great chance of getting a chatty Mickey!!

Good luck!!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: