Quantcast Magical Express Time & Luggage Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magical Express Time & Luggage Question

Hi Intercoters (is that what we are called)

I am going this may with my DD (9 1/2), just a Daddy Princess trip .

I have been to WDW many times but have never used Magical Express, this time I figured it would be a good idea to use it and save a few $$$.

We are staying at Art of Animation while we are there.

Just a few question regarding Magical Express I hope you can answer.

First, How long will it take from when we get to the bus to get to our resort, will it be more than an hour?

Also, how long will it take for us to get our luggage delivered to our room if we have them get the luggage and we just go straight to the bus?

Thanks in Advance.

Nathan
    6/97-Off Site, 12/97-BWV, 6/98-OKW, 9/00-Swan, 5/01-PO Riverside, 8/02-Poly, 1/04-Contemp, 1/04-YC, 5/04-PO-FQ, 1/05-AKL, 6/05-YC, 1/06-PC, 6/06-BWI, 1/07-Saratoga Springs, 6/07-FW Cabin, 1/08-FW Cabin, 6/08-WL, 1/09-AKLV, 6/09-CBR, 1/10-BLT, 1/11 - GF, 1/12 - DAY TRIP, 5/15 - AoA

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The bus will be about an hour...luggage can take three to four hours. We bring stuff we want right away (bathing suits) in our carry on. Or if you want luggage right away, then you can collect and take with you on the bus.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

The bus will take at least an hour and depending on the hotel will depend on how much over that hour it will be also consider that if its busy at magical express you might be waiting in line for the next bus
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

we are staying at the Art of Animation May 3rd do you think it would be more than 1 hour?

I know its a saving, should I splurge and get a towncar?
    6/97-Off Site, 12/97-BWV, 6/98-OKW, 9/00-Swan, 5/01-PO Riverside, 8/02-Poly, 1/04-Contemp, 1/04-YC, 5/04-PO-FQ, 1/05-AKL, 6/05-YC, 1/06-PC, 6/06-BWI, 1/07-Saratoga Springs, 6/07-FW Cabin, 1/08-FW Cabin, 6/08-WL, 1/09-AKLV, 6/09-CBR, 1/10-BLT, 1/11 - GF, 1/12 - DAY TRIP, 5/15 - AoA

Post Thanks / Like

its hard to say to be honest. it all depends on time of day that you are arriving how many are in line and so on there are too many variables to give you a specific amount of time. I understand wanting to get this trip started as quickly as possible but is it worth a town car? the ride will still be an hour-ish you just dont have to wait for the bus
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

DME takes between 75-90 minutes from the time you get off your plane. There is no exact timing. It is too difficult to estimate.

If you have never used it, it is fun, quick, and part of your reservation. In my opinion, it is not worth spending another $100+ for it. If you want your luggage with you, don't use the luggage tags and get it yourself. It does not add time for DME. The only thing with getting the luggage yourself is that you have to deal with lost luggage. If you use DME, they handle that for you. Believe me, it can be a pain and cut into your trip dealing with it yourself. Much smoother letting DME manage it. We met a family that did not have their luggage for several days. DME arranged free transportation and the money to go to the outlets and WalMart to get what they needed.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

We prefer the town car route and use our sponsor Quicksilver for our trips. The driver meets you at luggage claim and helps you to the car which is parked in the limo parking area. We also take advantage of the free 30 minute grocery stop to pick up water, breakfast items, snacks, beer and wine.

I've very rarely heard complaints about DME though, it's just a matter of preference.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

The 3-4 hours for luggage delivery is only an estimate. When we went in October, we packed a small suitcase with pajamas, an extra change of clothes, and most of our medications, but some of our liquid medications were over the 3 ounce rule to carry on the plane with us. Our flight landed at 4:00 pm and by 10:00 when we were trying to get ready for bed, I was still calling the front desk trying to locate our luggage.
    Caribbean Beach- June 1992
    Dixie Landings- July 1994 and March 1996
    Port Orleans Riverside- June 2005
    All Star Sports- September 2006
    Boardwalk Villas- June 2008
    Port Orleans Riverside- September 2009 and October 2014

Pop Century- August 2015

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: