Quantcast Take it or leave it-MVMCP

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Take it or leave it-MVMCP

Title says it all.

Please help

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Leave it...

Nuff said...

Post Thanks / Like

to Intercot!!

They have cut back on a lot of the offerings at MVMCP and raised prices so you're basically paying a bunch of money for a parade (which is really neat) and a Holiday version of Wishes, which is okay, but not nearly as good as HalloWishes with the MNSSHP. So, I'm in the "leave it" for the price point now. When they capped the number of people they let in at a much lower level and the price wasn't ridiculous it was worth it. Not any longer.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Im going to agree and say "leave it." We went once and were not impressed. The best part was the parade and special fireworks. There is nothing else going on except some cookies and hot cocoa.

If you want to attend a party go to the MNSSHP instead. You get so much more for your money. Personally I would not waste the money going to the Christmas Party again.
    OFFSITE 1975
    OFFSITE 1989
    CBR JUNE 2006
    CBR MAY 2007
    CBR OCT 2008-MNSSHP
    AS MOVIE APRIL 2009
    WILDERNESS LODGE DEC 2010-MVMCP
    CBR NOV 2011
    CBR OCT 2013-FREE DINING PIN!

CBR NOV 2014-FREE DINING
    CBR SEPT 2015
    CBR OCT 2016-FREE DINING BOUNCE BACK OFFER

Post Thanks / Like

If you have never been before I say go for it. The parade is like nothing else you'll ever see. We went a few years ago and it was amazing.

We had a blast riding the rides that we did not get to do during daylight hours and it was fun getting the cookies and hot chocolate on a cool Florida December night
    First WDW Trip 1984
    30+ Trips since 1984
    Disneyland 4 Visits
    Disneyland Paris 2010
    40th Wedding Anniversary December 2013
    Disney Cruises 2: Magic 2005, Fantasy 2012
    Last Trip November 2019

Post Thanks / Like

If you have that be a non park day and go to the party at night, that way you don't need have a park pass for the day, just the cost of the party which is cheaper then a day at the park most likely. Otherwise I don't think its worth paying on top of a park day.
    DisneyBarb

Poly 2016
    Poly 2015
    Beach Club 2014
    offsite- - Disneyland 2013
    Poly 2013
    Poly 2012
    Poly 2010
    Poly 2009
    Poly 2007
    Poly 2005
    Contemporary 2004
    WL 2003
    Poly 2003
    CB 1990
    Poly 1988
    off site 1983, 1980, 1978, 1971

Go Pats!

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly I am in the leave it category as well. We had a good time when we went but as a passholder I did not feel the extra cost was worth it. You can see the fireworks from other places on the property so essentially you are paying for a parade and hot chocolate.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Default Take it or leave it

Take it - at least once to experience it.
    * 2003 - Beach Club
    * 2004 - Downtown Disney
    * 2004 - ASS
    * 2005 - ASS
    * 2006 - Disneyland
    * 2008 - CSR
    * 2009 - CSR
    * 2010 - Beach Club
    * 2012 - CSR - (2)
    * 2013 - POP
    * 2013 - ASM
    * 2014 - Pop (2)
    * 2015 - CSR
    * 2017 - POP
    * 2019 - POP
    * 2020 - POP
    * 2021 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

I think DisneyBarb said it best in that, if you don't have a ticket for that day it's probably worth the money, but I also think everybody should try it once to make their own decision.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Leave it, but I have seen the parade at Disneyland tons of times. Over there, there is no hard ticket Christmas party so they do the special parade and fireworks nightly for everyone to see. NO parade/fireworks is worth what they charge for that party, and there aren't enough "extras" to justify the price, IMO.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I personally really like it. I find that there is nothing quite as cool as sitting on the curb on main street watching the snow come down and the Christmas parade go by. It is my single most favorite thing to do - it just moves me. I'm more of a Christmas girl than a Halloween girl.

I also love the shorter lines for rides - it takes the pressure off of other days in terms of getting on certain rides multiple times.

Holiday Wishes is also really beautiful. The whole evening is nice.

That being said I do understand what several people have said about it getting more crowded (we try to pick a Tuesday or a Thursday night as they can be less crowded) and buy the tickets early for the discount.

I do miss the show they used to have in the Galaxy theatre with the reindeer and mickey and minnie though.

They do have sugar free cookies and hot cocoa if you ask (just an FYI for those that might want them).
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Just had this very conversation with my teen daughters ages 13 and 14 on the way to school this morning.

It went down like this:
    Mom, why aren't we doing the Christmas Party in the Magic Kingdom...we never do them.

Me: We are 4 adults...that's almost a $300 extra for a Christmas Parade and Holiday Wishes, oh but you girls don't ever watch the parade or fireworks, so that's a lot of extra money for hot coco and a sugar cookie. I went for park hoppers, let's be thankful!
    Girls: $300 for a party in the Magic Kingdom. That is a lot.
    Me: Now you are understanding my point!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just wondering if they are going to try jack everyone for a hard ticket event on top of a hard ticket event like they did for MNSSHP.

Having done it twice, with just the DW, I had thought of doing it now that we have 3 kids. The cost was enough for me to abandon that quite quickly. If money isn't a factor, then what the heck, go for it, But if you are trying to justify value, I just don't see it, not for a parade, some cookies and maybe a stage show or two.

I don't think anyone is saying its not a nice event, just that most people can no longer justify the cost to what value you are getting.

Post Thanks / Like

My history:

My first and only MVMCP was 6 years ago. I always seem to arrive in Orlando around 2:30 so I hate burning a full day ticket for the first day. Going to the party seemed like a good idea for the first night at the World. After my first MVMCP, I said "never again" mostly due to the volume of people there. It was nuts. I some how had it in my head that there would be a "quaint" little crowd. No. Wall to wall. I did like the shows and the parade and the snow and all of that but yikes there were a lot of people. However, the ride lines were shorter than usual and the ambiance of the park is outstanding. I did enjoy most of the evening

6 years later, I'm getting into Orlando around 2:30. I bought a ticket for the party on 12/9. Go figure.

I think it's worth the money for the party but not on top of a full day ticket like someone else already said. I sure hope there are not a lot of people at MY party this year........
    Be kind to one another.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    I'm just wondering if they are going to try jack everyone for a hard ticket event on top of a hard ticket event like they did for MNSSHP
    I will say this - the Villain's Soiree was totally worth the extra. I was skeptical, but my family loved it. Yes, it was hard ticket on top of hard ticket, but it was a really unique experience and totally worth it. Now the thing they have with Frozen and the Osborne Lights, doesn't sound even close to worth it, but the Villain's Soiree totally was.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
    I sure hope there are not a lot of people at MY party this year........
    Unfortunately, if this year's MNSSHP and previous years' MVMCP are an indication, expect a repeat of the last time you went in terms of crowds.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I did it once, and liked it....did it a second time and I didn't like it that much.

however I loved the Halloween party.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter and I have done every other event in DW. We are going to try this one out on November 20. I'll have to give my input when I return. I must admit though, I am SUPER EXCITED to try it out!
    Formerly luvinmesomedisney. Someone in the family turned off my "remember me" button and I forgot ME. Forgot my password so had to use a different name.

Post Thanks / Like

We have gone to the Halloween Party many times and have enjoyed it, but never to the Christmas Party. I have friends that have gone to both and say the Christmas party is not worth the price.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Take it at least once we always used to like going because the crowds were smaller and the park looks so beautiful during Xmas time. Now we are pass holders and I don't see the need to pay the extra for it, but I still would go if we didn't invest in AP's the atmosphere is awesome and if you happen to catch a cold night it makes it so much better
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am also more of a Christmas person than a Halloween person and actually prefer the Christmas party. For me, the party really kicks in my holiday spirit.

I too love just sitting on Main Street and watching the snow, while the Christmas music plays in the background. It's actually quite beautiful with the castle lit up, sipping on cocoa. Might be my most favorite place on earth!

I also prefer the fireworks for the Christmas party because of the music! I find myself singing along (and shoulder dancing/toy soldier marching) with all of the carols.

Seeing Mickey all dressed up in his holiday attire and getting our picture with him makes for a great card to send out for the holidays. We always dress in red and green with Mickey Santa hats, makes it that much more festive.

It all depends on what you are looking to get out of the night. If you are on a budget, and just want low crowds and shorter wait times, with a little holiday jazz thrown in, it's probably not going to be a good value. The Christmas spirit that kicks in for me is priceless, so I definitely think its worth it.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: