Quantcast Resort Christmas Decorations

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Resort Christmas Decorations

This may be a dumb question, but are all the resorts decorated? I have been in the pop during Christmas and they had a huge tree. I am staying at Sports this year, and was just wondering if all, specifically the sports will have a tree similar to it?
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think all the resorts have some sort of decorations for the holidays - some more than others.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

The only resort we have not visited during Christmas is Coronado Spring. I can vouch for the fact that all the other resorts have Christmas decorations, trees, and in many cases Gingerbread Houses.
    Live Life Joyfully!
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]'73 - DL;
    '78, '89 - DW -off property;
    '94, 00, '07 - Dixie Landing; '96 - CBR; '98 - CSR;
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '01 - WL Christmas Celebration; '03, '06, '12, '13
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

Post Thanks / Like

We love to resort hop during December- and get to each resort during the week. AOA has a really neat tree, Riverside's lobby is pretty and over at the French Quarter it was very pretty too (we go for the beignets)

Nothing can beat the deluxe's - GF is my favorite.

Don't remember anything outstanding at POP and we have stayed there during the holiday season several times. A tree that is bright and sparkly. All the values have a big tree themed to resort in front of gift shop.

It is fun to look at the windows at the value resort rooms- a lot of guests decorate. And the campground at Ft.Wilderness is very nice. I think some of the RV's move in for a few weeks. We went on a carriage ride one year through the campground which was fun.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

oh nice idea about decorating the windows....is there somewhere to buy a small tree?

I remember a couple years ago we went to see hoop de revue and spent some time walking around where people were camped and they had great decorations.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    oh nice idea about decorating the windows....is there somewhere to buy a small tree?

I remember a couple years ago we went to see hoop de revue and spent some time walking around where people were camped and they had great decorations.
    The Christmas stores at Downtown Disney and Hollywood Studios have a small tree that costs somewhere around $40.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

That's not too bad. I don't want to have to pack I though and take it home. Maybe I will just give it to a couple we see coming in when we leave.

Post Thanks / Like

We got our tiny trees from Dollar Store for an insanely cheap amount but it was about a dozen years ago. They were small and looked worse than Charlie Brown's tree until I fluffed them up. I glued small garlands and small light strings on them; think I had about $20 in each tree. Brought an extension cord and various other room decorations. When we were ready to leave, I put everything in a box with a note to Mousekeeping asking that the decorations be used Mousekeepers or donated.

The deluxe resorts are very nicely decorated but my favorite is Fort Wilderness. Those decorations are by guests and some of them are amazing. I think they must have a trailer to pack them all in.

Jan

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: