Quantcast FastPass+ / Magic Bands and using unused tickets

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default FastPass+ / Magic Bands and using unused tickets

Greetings;

I used to think of myself as a WDW Pro until the whole FP+ came about. Now I am back to being a newbie. I'll be going to WDW early December (I've already purchased my MVMCP ticket) but I have yet to book my onsite resort which I'll do this week.)

I've got two days of park-hoper tickets (no expiration) remaining from my past visit. How's this all going to work? Here's my questions so far:

1. Can my remaining days be transferred to my Magic Band? If so, am I going to have to wait until I get there? Is it a huge hassle?
    2. I get a Magic Band in the mail before the trip?
    3. From what I read, I can do the FP+ reservations "if I purchase tickets". Well, I have the tickets but I sure don't know how I'm going to be able to make my FP+ reservations with these.
    4. I'm sure there are more and I'll add them to this thread as I think of them
    Be kind to one another.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe some of the older tickets can be linked to your My Disney Experience account which needs to be your first step. If you don't have tickets linked to your account, you can't make fastpass reservations and, if you don't have Disney accommodations booked and linked to your account, you won't be able to make fastpass plus reservations 60 days in advance.

If you link your tickets, they will be automatically associated with your Magic Band. Yes, you will get a band prior to your arrival at Disney

Good luck!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

The answer to the "can I link these old tickets" question depends on what year the tickets were actually purchased. The Disney website (MDE) has a thorough page of ticket examples that show how to link tickets purchased from approximately 2010 and up.

How old are your tickets?
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

First thing would be to set up an MDE account if you haven't already done so. Once that's done you can link your tickets (depending on purchase date).

Once you book your resort check to make sure that it is linked to your account, If not, link it manually. At that point go to my magic band and customize your band. It will be mailed to you at your 30 day mark.

Staying onsite you will be able to book FP+ for the amount of days on your tickets at 60 days out.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks to all that responded.

I pulled out the card from my last visit; the dates of my stay were 12/10/10 - 12/12/2010 so I'm thinking that will work on the MDE site. I'll check more into that. I am WAY overdue for a visit.

Looks like a lot of what I can do can't happen until I book the room. At least from what you all responded this should not be all that hard to do. Thanks again. I'll post back with how this goes.
    Be kind to one another.

Post Thanks / Like

Default good luck

I hope to learn from you. My next trip is April.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: