Quantcast Stand-by Fasspass tests???? - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread started as a post about Disney giving out Fastpass tickets for standby lines M&G and singalongs. Somewhere between the crying and whining, attractions was thrown into it. You people need to chill the heck out! Disney will never add fp to standby lines for rides. All this is is a temporary fix for something they didnt see coming. They knew it'd bring the crowds but not for 3 hour waits. So this is their way of fixing it until it passes. Its not disneys fault.

Its the fault of the parents who are afraid to say no to little Jimmy or Susie because they will throw a tantrum that the parents cant discipline. Who in their right mind wohld wait an hour for any character. As a kid, my kid would spend thousands to bring us every year to Disney to see the parks, rides, and what time would allow us to see. If I wanted to see something that had a three hour wait, my dad would say no. Too long, not here to stand in line for hours to see some ridiculous character. Yeah I'd be upset, but you move on. Shrug your shoulders and say sorry little Joey, but we arent here to wait that long just for one M&G.

The people are the problem!!! Remember, just say no. Your kid will live to see another disney day.
    Pimpin aint dead.... its just renamed.... Frozen.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kbean View Post
    This thread started as a post about Disney giving out Fastpass tickets for standby lines M&G and singalongs. Somewhere between the crying and whining, attractions was thrown into it. You people need to chill the heck out! Disney will never add fp to standby lines for rides. All this is is a temporary fix for something they didnt see coming. They knew it'd bring the crowds but not for 3 hour waits. So this is their way of fixing it until it passes. Its not disneys fault.

Its the fault of the parents who are afraid to say no to little Jimmy or Susie because they will throw a tantrum that the parents cant discipline. Who in their right mind wohld wait an hour for any character. As a kid, my kid would spend thousands to bring us every year to Disney to see the parks, rides, and what time would allow us to see. If I wanted to see something that had a three hour wait, my dad would say no. Too long, not here to stand in line for hours to see some ridiculous character. Yeah I'd be upset, but you move on. Shrug your shoulders and say sorry little Joey, but we arent here to wait that long just for one M&G.

The people are the problem!!! Remember, just say no. Your kid will live to see another disney day.
    "Crying and whining.". Stay classy.

Post Thanks / Like

Disney will never add fp to standby lines for rides. All this is is a temporary fix for something they didnt see coming.
    But they are trying it out for Soarin' as well. How can you say they will never do it when they are, at this very moment, doing that exact thing?
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I just got though all 5 pages of this post - I had been reading, and then stopped, and now just got caught up.

Yes, there are some very negative people in the world. Yes, there are some very positive people in the world. I try to be a mixture, but at times fail to either end.

Do I want Intercot to be all "Mary Poppins"? No, not really, so, it is good at times to see things though the "regular" glasses. If you look at my member number, you can tell I have been around for a LONG time, but I do not post a whole whole bunch.

When I do post - it is to help someone out, or to ask a question. But, at times, I do just give my personal opinion on something, and this is one of them.

I went to WDW in June. I am one that usually went over Christmas (Dec 19th to Jan 2nd), so I know about crowds and long lines. In June of 2014 I experienced lines longer than I cared to wait in, so I did not. Did I complain? Yes, but to the people that counted. I wrote a letter to the corporation. Perhaps other people have also done this. Why do I think this?

WDW is trying out a fix. As an adult, do you ever try something and discover that either it did work (you keep on doing it) or it did not work (you stop doing it).

If it did not work, then you probably try something else.

In the corporate IT world, they have beta testing that the whole corporation might not see. At WDW, they do not have this luxury.

So, although I might not like what they are doing, at least they ARE trying at the moment.
    If I don't like what they are trying, I might come to a place like Intercot and see what others think - maybe I am the only one that does not like it. If I am not, then I will once again take pen and paper in hand (okay, Microsoft Word and printer), and let WDW know what I think.

If you have a complaint, then offer up a solution. I am currently a teacher, and I tell my kids all the time, if you don't like something, then before you complain to me, you better have a solution to offer also. I might not "use" their solution, but hopefully I am teaching them something in the process.

So, to make a long reply short:

WDW, I do not like your FP+. I do not like your paper solution. My solution is to perhaps, look at what you had before that WAS somewhat successful, and look at how that worked, and see what you can do to get back to the "work-ability" of that. Please let us (the paying public), know what you are doing, so that we can know you are working to a solution. Communication here is the big thing.

Now, as a moderator, please, remember that we are a family, and that family might argue, but we do not call names, or hit below the belt - in fact, we don't hit at all. We let people have their opinion, and we respect it for what it is, an opinion.

I know return you to your topic....
    Last edited by Imalismom; 08-02-2014 at 10:59 AM.
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, let's just remember that this is/was a test to attempt to fix an issue. That's all it was.

Post Thanks / Like

I think for those of you who are outraged over this should either do one of two things or both. Write letters to the appropriate people so your voice is at least heard or just stop going. I just don't understand all the ranting and insisting that your opinion is the right and the only true fact. A good discussion should be able to be heard from both sides and not just tell everyone else they are wrong.

The topic of capacity has come up often. This is how I view this issue.
    MK: Just had completed New Fantasyland to specifically address capacity. Did it do enough maybe not but it was a major expansion.

EPCOT: Desperately needs increase in capacity. In all honestly they could even get away with leaving World Showcase alone and just fixing up/adding in Future World.

DHS: Again needs a capacity increase. I have a 10 day trip coming up and only plan on 1.5 days there. I hope the rumored major Star Wars expansion is what will happen.

AK: This park has capacity issues as well, but with the Avatar expansion and the new night time show, plus Kilimanjaro night experiences. It seems to me that this is being addressed.

That being said I do think that in the last 5 years TDO has seemed to slow the attraction growth process down. I'm sure the economy has something do with it 5 years ago. But if their profits are increasing I think it is fair to expect TDO to go back to building attractions at much quicker than they have been recently.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imalismom View Post
    Okay, I just got though all 5 pages of this post - I had been reading, and then stopped, and now just got caught up.

Yes, there are some very negative people in the world. Yes, there are some very positive people in the world. I try to be a mixture, but at times fail to either end.

Do I want Intercot to be all "Mary Poppins"? No, not really, so, it is good at times to see things though the "regular" glasses. If you look at my member number, you can tell I have been around for a LONG time, but I do not post a whole whole bunch.

When I do post - it is to help someone out, or to ask a question. But, at times, I do just give my personal opinion on something, and this is one of them.

I went to WDW in June. I am one that usually went over Christmas (Dec 19th to Jan 2nd), so I know about crowds and long lines. In June of 2014 I experienced lines longer than I cared to wait in, so I did not. Did I complain? Yes, but to the people that counted. I wrote a letter to the corporation. Perhaps other people have also done this. Why do I think this?

WDW is trying out a fix. As an adult, do you ever try something and discover that either it did work (you keep on doing it) or it did not work (you stop doing it).

If it did not work, then you probably try something else.

In the corporate IT world, they have beta testing that the whole corporation might not see. At WDW, they do not have this luxury.

So, although I might not like what they are doing, at least they ARE trying at the moment.
    If I don't like what they are trying, I might come to a place like Intercot and see what others think - maybe I am the only one that does not like it. If I am not, then I will once again take pen and paper in hand (okay, Microsoft Word and printer), and let WDW know what I think.

If you have a complaint, then offer up a solution. I am currently a teacher, and I tell my kids all the time, if you don't like something, then before you complain to me, you better have a solution to offer also. I might not "use" their solution, but hopefully I am teaching them something in the process.

So, to make a long reply short:

WDW, I do not like your FP+. I do not like your paper solution. My solution is to perhaps, look at what you had before that WAS somewhat successful, and look at how that worked, and see what you can do to get back to the "work-ability" of that. Please let us (the paying public), know what you are doing, so that we can know you are working to a solution. Communication here is the big thing.

Now, as a moderator, please, remember that we are a family, and that family might argue, but we do not call names, or hit below the belt - in fact, we don't hit at all. We let people have their opinion, and we respect it for what it is, an opinion.

I know return you to your topic....
    OFF TOPIC REPLY: I loved your response. You remind me of all the good teachers I had growing up. (I wish there were more like you today.)
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOVE Disney

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    I really have no idea why some on here post, when all you write is negative, and you know who you are. I LOVE Disney, and I come here because of that, why you post so often I have no idea, except maybe you work for Universal, but other than that, no idea.
    Here's a concept: It's possible to LOVE Disney without loving every new thing they try. Is there ANY Disney fan on earth who wants every moment of their Disney Park day to be dictated by a grid of FPs and ADRs? Did you hear the one about what did the guy do after spending a week at WDW? He went on vacation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    I think for those of you who are outraged over this should either do one of two things or both. Write letters to the appropriate people so your voice is at least heard or just stop going. I just don't understand all the ranting and insisting that your opinion is the right and the only true fact. A good discussion should be able to be heard from both sides and not just tell everyone else they are wrong.
    What makes you think that people havent done both of those???? Ive written and called....and i have refused to go back.

describing our legitmated complaints as "ranting and raving" is a tad insulting, dont you think....unless you have a different definition of the generally accepted definiton of rant and rave.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
    (Well, I hate to play the Tiny Tim card again, but that's been my experience, and I've been having fun playing with my "virtual vacation" for the last month.
    Transportation's more time-consuming for me, and I only have six-and-a-half days with no park-hopping, so I have to know where I am on each day...As I don't really have much time to make backup plans.
    Although I have left a few nights open for pool, movie, DD and resort supper, but that all depends on the September movie schedule.)

Listening to the tone of the complaints--who want to use one unexpectedly unsuccessful paper-FP stopgap as proof that the park's a mess and the place has gone to heck in a hand basket, and they just want to shake us down for our money, etc.--just because a few people couldn't get their Frozen or Soarin' fix, just brings up my old Usenet geezer days on rec.arts.disney.parks (the second friendliest Disney-fan community on the Net. )

This was around the time when Howie's Angels--oh, ask a longtime fan to tell you THAT story sometime--was making a rather disturbing fan-entitlement pest of themselves, literally scalping Cindy's Breakfast reservations (back when you had to call in on the phone at 6am like a radio DJ contest) under assumed names.
    Being a member of that closed cult-of-fandom meant sending out pixie dust to each other, and sycophantically thanking the very dangerously narcissistic webmaster for their child's magical experience...But once in a while, they would try to come over to RADP, tell us of the wonderful service they'd found, and we would Jiminy-Cricket them that what they were doing was wrong, and unfair to the other guests, and possibly borderline illegal, and that the Disney experience was about making things as friendly for the other guests as for yourself or your kids.
    The idea of why we didn't think it was just as wonderful was hard for them to accept, but once pushed to the edge, the true colors came out: Not unlike the Star Trek episode, the "angel" would soon smugly brag about how they had "beaten the system" and we hadn't, and when cornered, they would suddenly lash out with "Well, why are you on THEIR side anyway? The park is going to heck anyway, the way they've been jacking up the prices on us, they deserve to have someone finally stick it to them where it hurts, etc.!"
    (And then we all got to righteously turn our back on them, like the last scene of 12 Angry Men... )

If you've seen it, it's a part of fandom you can't un-see. This may have been back in the "old days" of running marathons for paper FP's, and hanging on the phone for dining reservations, but there's a point at which "getting yours" for that perfect family vacation starts becoming war, and war only fosters negative hostility and resentment. It needs an enemy to beat the pulp out of, before it can feel better.
    Everyone says "Oh, it's that other greedy mom-from-hell fan, not me!", but the minute you start blaming "the management" for not giving you What You Want, it starts bringing up the question of how badly you wanted it in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like

And this situation is exactly why we have no plans to go back to Disney any time soon. I'm not saying that we will never be back, but I don't want to go until they get their act together. My hard earned vacation dollars are not going toward their never ending "trail periods". IMO they have made a trip to the theme parks so overly planned and complicated that it's not relaxing to me anymore.

We have been to Disney so many times that we don't need to see every attraction each visit BUT the reason we visit the theme parks is to go on attractions. Personally I don't spend money to stroll the parks or people watch. I can do that at my local city park for free.

I think they are digging themselves into a deeper hole each time they try to make our visit "more enjoyable" with all of their rules for getting onto an attraction and the over planning you have to do now.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RunDMV View Post
    Glad to know it's not just me
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

For the most part this is my opinion of it all as well.
    I myself would love to see A&E for example. And my children. However, I will NOT wait in that long of a line. There are times I will ask my children if they want to wait X amount of time for X thing. A couple of times they have, a couple of times they have passed.

But you are so right. It is we the customers that make hte choice to wait or not. Thus increasing lines times.
    Just like [general] you don't *have* to plan every moment. I know people complain about it. But truly, you don't have to make FP and ADRs. You *can* "take your chances*. I realize I live close and that makes a difference
    . That said, I've gotten into some of the "big" restaurants on whim [within a day or so, even same day].
    So I guess in some ways, I'm not very compassionate for lack of a better word, to the complaining on all the long waits and planning out.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    You can disagree.. Doesn't mean you are right... And doesn't mean the articles you read are right... The numbers tell a different story.. As does Disney's own words in their SEC filings...

Yep, this isn't anything new... This has been talked about plenty of times... Already knew they had this as a plan... However, the way they want to carry this out is backwards... Instead of targeting the people who may not spend a lot and maybe entice them to spend a little more, they are looking to target the already big spenders...

Already knew this and discussed this as well. Nothing new here either... All I got to say about that is, CMs, kiss your jobs bye bye...

Since when is it a good thing for more Americans to be out of work?

We know why Magic Bands were created... We have discussed it thousands of times... I never said they were created for the sole purpose of increasing park spending.. I did, however, see the defenders of the bands and NextGen state as much...

I say they aren't working cause they aren't... Rasulo's own words, regarding not just the bands, but this My Magic Plus in general was to the effect: the more we force you to plan ever minute of your trip, the more we force you to stay on property which will then equal you spending more money with us... Too bad that isn't working...

As far as my hatred for magic bands, did you bother to read my observations and thoughts from October? Or did you ignore it completely... I ask cause I stated I had no issues or no problems with the bands working... And I have no issues with the bands in general.. I DO have issues with NextGen and the cost associated with it...
    And you can disagree but it doesn't mean you are right. The article I read was from the Montly Fool, and from everything they spoke about, along with their interviews it is clear the bands are working and they are only going to get better for the company. BTW I do highly enjoy your rumor posts

I didn't have any problems setting up my bands and I never had to call Disney to get anything fixed. I was able to do everything from either the app or the website, and just set up everything for my parents' trip in November-again with no problems.

Now back to this return ticket nonsense-Disney tried something and it didnt work. However, I don't know why they thought this would go over well. Sometimes they try to do too much. Sometimes it's ok to just have people be able to wait for the attraction they want to experience. Leave it to each party if they want to wait however long for an attraction. If they want to wait 5 hours to meet A&E, hey more power to yah it's your vacation

What they need is a well done permanent Frozen attraction, and preferably one that doesn't take 3 years to build and open

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
    Because that's assuming Frozen will be around in 3 years.

(Was catching up with some old 90's Disney movies last week, and was joking about the plans to make a Frozen Broadway musical, maybe by '17:
    They've done things like that before, you know--A stage musical of a new movie that's fresh out of the theaters, maybe not around long enough to be a generational classic, but still a hot property of the moment with fans, based on the wild phenomenal success of its Oscar-winning soundtrack, how could that not be a smash hit? Well, if it happened to be "Tarzan"... )

We've gotten temporary attractions like at DHS, because even the park is kind of exchanging a knowing glance with the super-fans, saying "Look, you know it, and we know it, and nobody wants to admit it, BUT..."
    Your movie doesn't go on to make over a Billion dollars then gets forgotten 3 years later. We all still love Little Mermaid, Beauty & The Beast, Aladdin, and Lion King.

I didnt even know they made a Tarzan musical. I see that it only ran for a little over a year, but then again, the movie itself didnt blow the box office away making roughly 171 million. But Disney had a flop with it on broadway, but they also had smash hits with B&B and Lion King.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuck1117 View Post
    And you can disagree but it doesn't mean you are right. The article I read was from the Montly Fool
    You got your info from Motley Fool? Ok, enough said... Sorry, Motley Fool is NOT reliable in any sort of way...

No offense, but you better better sources when trying to tell someone they are wrong... I know my sources, Motley Fool isn't one...

It is one thing to base your opinion on fact... But you are basing it on unreliable information from a blog... That is enough for me to understand why you are misinformed...

Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

There is nothing wrong with the Montly Fool.

Agree to disagree at this point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuck1117 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the Montly Fool.

Agree to disagree at this point.
    There is everything wrong with Motley Fool...

Not trying to give you a hard time, but before you form an opinion and try to discredit someone, get real facts from real legit sources...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay - remember an opinion is an opinion, and we need to respect it. I don't think I need to say it again.

1. Opinion A. Motley fool is okay.
    2. Opinion B. Motley fool is not okay.

Both are opinions that many have.

It you want to discuss it more - take it to a private message - not in this topic.

I now return you to your local topic of the paper fast passes and the heads up that it may or may not still be happening at WDW.
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: