Please tell me that people do t all have the experience our family recently did with the MDE app/page and linking tickets and booking FP+ ressies.

This trip was very scattered. We were in Florida for several weeks for my kids to go to a camp in New. Smyrna, each going different weeks so I was afforded going to the parks with each son separately as well as together with more family.

Issues arose our first trip over with DS1, myself and a cousin from Florida, an AP holder. We tried putting Sami on our reservation but since she was a minor and her dad controls her account we had some trouble. A call to MDE resulted in a TWO HOUR call with IT and I. The end me adding Sami to my account, linking her pass and magic band to mine and DS1s ressies. Yep, TWO hours.....it was very confusing as to why we needed to add her as my family to my account, but the CM assured us this was fine. We arrive at DHS and now Sami tries her magic band, won't work, tries her actual pass, won't work, won't scan and won't slide on the iPad magnetic reader. They allow her entrance and direct us to guest relations. Another TWO hours at guest relations, three calls to The Avengers (those are the super smart IT MDE people apparently) and they ended up almost making everything right....Sami's magic band is still on my account, but how about it's linked to MY TICKET, not hers!!! About 30 min into this ordeal I sent the kids away and told them I'd meet the in a bit bc there was no reason for them to wait with me while they straightened this out. Even the CM's at guest relations were miffed by al, of this. Something so simple was absolutely impossible to deal with. And for wha I'm going to call "stealing 4 hours of my time", and I was pretty upset about the park hours missed, we got one FP, for Toy Story! I have two kids with me 12/14, sent them off alone in the park and a FP is how you say sorry? The kids were less than impressed but we continued our day and just "moved along". After this day I'm very less then impressed with MDE period....and we even had more issues later on when all 9 of us tried to be on the same party for FP's last week.....it was an absolute nightmare.....we called MDE again and they seemed to have trouble with the concept that my family of 4 and their family of 5 wanted to do things together! Since the fam I. Florida are AP holders we ended up using their magic bands for the kids to ride and a couple of our tickets to ride when we had FP's for things! The adults waited while the kids and maybe an adult or two went on the FP rides.

Bottom line is.....this isn't normal, right?? Please tell me everyone with large parties and multiple families don't have these issues?!?!