Quantcast Vegetarian Dining at Rose and Crown

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vegetarian Dining at Rose and Crown

We have reservations at Rose and Crown during our upcoming Disney vacation and two members of our party are vegetarian. Anybody have any experience dining at Rose and Crown, as or with a vegetarian? I know that the restaurant is known more for their meaty dishes so I am a little hesitant.

Thank you!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe the rose and crown does do a vegetarian version of shepherd's pie. Tho im not sure if it 100% vegetarian tho (meaning if they use beef or chicken stock)
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

We had the vegetarian Shepherd's Pie when we were there a few years ago and it was delicious! Disney is pretty good about special diets and wouldn't call it vegetarian if it had beef or chicken stock. I don't recall if it was vegan, (I don't think so) but it was definitely vegetarian. Enjoy!
    July 1976-Off Site
    March 1993-Off-Site
    Oct. 1994-Port Orleans
    Feb. 1997-Port Orleans
    Dec. 1998-Dixie Landings-Cruise-Dixie Landings
    Nov. 2001-Caribbean Beach
    Nov. 2004-POR-CRUISE-POR
    Sept 2005 DL Paradise Pier
    Dec. 2006 POP
    Dec. 2007 CR
    Nov. 2008- POR
    Oct. 2010 BWV
    Nov. 2011 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Victoria and Albert's is way ahead of you. Well in advance of your trip, a representative of the restaurant will contact you to obtain the names of all persons in your party. In addition they will ask you if any of your party has special dietary needs. Tell them the names of the vegetarians in your party and I guarantee they will have the best vegetarian meal of their life. Scott Hunnel, Chef de Cuisine and his staff specialize in Disney magic by making dining dreams come true.
    Last edited by JERSEYDISFAN; 07-13-2014 at 06:25 PM. Reason: grammer
    10/2007 YC (IF&WF)
    12/2008 YC (Christmas)
    11/2009 YC (50th Wedding Anniv)
    10/2010 YC (Wine, glorious wine!)
    10/2011 YC (Wine, more glorious wine!)
    11/2012 YC (And yet, more glorious wine!)
    05/2013 YC (Flower & Garden, wine too!)
    11/2014 YC (55th Wedding Anniv family trip)

Post Thanks / Like

Fish and chips are 100% vegetarian and my family loves mushy peas which is basically mashed potatoes but with peas. We're not vegetarians but I know R&C offers these menu items as well as a salmon and a vegetable cottage pie.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JERSEYDISFAN View Post
    Victoria and Albert's is way ahead of you. Well in advance of your trip, a representative of the restaurant will contact you to obtain the names of all persons in your party. In addition they will ask you if any of your party has special dietary needs. Tell them the names of the vegetarians in your party and I guarantee they will have the best vegetarian meal of their life. Scott Hunnel, Chef de Cuisine and his staff specialize in Disney magic by making dining dreams come true.
    Just to clarify, the OP was asking about Rose and Crown, an EPCOT World Showcase Restaurant.

When I was traveling with my Vegan sister, every sit down restaurant we visited had a separate Vegan/vegetarian menu that featured about 2 Vegan and maybe 3 or 4 vegetarian options. Some were meat-free versions of existing dishes and some were completely unavailable on the main menu. We did not visit Rose and Crown, but call the Dining Line and have it noted on your reservation, tell the host when you check in for your ADR, and ask the server for a Vegan/vegetarian menu. They should be able to accommodate you with no problem. Happy eating!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter ate very well (vegetarian) throughout all of the world, including Rose and Crown. I'm trying to remember what she had, but I just can't recall. But every table service meal we ate, she found great options, and ate extremely well all week, without having to resort to cheese pizza and mac and cheese!
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arielfan98 View Post
    Fish and chips are 100% vegetarian and my family loves mushy peas which is basically mashed potatoes but with peas. We're not vegetarians but I know R&C offers these menu items as well as a salmon and a vegetable cottage pie.
    Fish & Chips and salmon are not vegetarian.

When I ate there they did a nice vegetable combo dish for me. It was well seasoned and filled me up.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    Fish & Chips and salmon are not vegetarian.
    Thanks for pointing that out. It's amazing how many people don't realize that fish is meat, not a vegetable! I'm veg*n, and people will recommend fish to me quite often. It's OK though, I just clarify to them that I don't eat fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out. It's amazing how many people don't realize that fish is meat, not a vegetable! I'm veg*n, and people will recommend fish to me quite often. It's OK though, I just clarify to them that I don't eat fish.

I know.... once someone told me that her son had become a vegetarian and now all he ate was chicken......I did explain to her that he was not a vegetarian but just someone who did not eat red meat. lol

Someone who does not eat red meat or chicken but eats fish or other seafood is called a pesitarian......just in case anyone is wondering.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: