Quantcast 7 Dwarves Mine Train - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Another 2 thumbs up here. My 5 year old, myself and my best friend [both of us in our 40s] adored it. LOVE the inside mine part and glad they slow it down to look at it. Though I could go even slower so I could take it all in.
    True that it is short. But don't we all wish things lasted longer

As far as the wait time we have the disability pass so we came back, but the wait time with out FP was 2 hours. They say the interactive que was great! I would like to go through just to do that. Maybe one day without the kiddos there!!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

More feedback from a large age range (6-55): the older ones,three of them said it was "just ok" and now that they have ridden don't really need to do it again anytime soon (two of them love fast coasters though, more thrill seekers). The older kids gave it a "meh" but the 6 yr old a blithely loved it and wanted to go over and over and over again!!! The 6yr old is my DS2 and he and I rode together on a separate day, actually we lucked out and ride twice.....first I saw it was down and it was near our FP time so I asked the CM out front how long they expected to be down a Nd his reply. We will be back up and running momentarily (wink wink) and I thanked him. A rude woman walked up and said her FP time was abut to run out and why wast he ride not working and that this was total BS that everything in the park was packed a Nd some more blah blah blah, I quit hearing her at some point...but, she did ask where the line would form for the regular line when it did open back up and she went and parked herself right there. I did notice they were testing so I suggested to DS that we might hang out for a few minutes (in the line that was forming) and we decided to wait for 5 minutes. Well, we lucked into riding in about three minutes!!! And then again with our FP's!! DS2 was thrilled!! And, on a side note we walked right Into Be Our Guest for a decent lunch!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't ridden it yet but its currently holding 2-3 hr waits!
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

We waited until about an hour before closing time and wait was 30 minutes. Then hit peter pan flight for first time ever. Still had time to do hm one last time.
    12/1987 Off site
    12/2000 All star movies
    7/2001 Coronado springs
    7/2001 Animal kingdom lodge
    12/2001 All star music
    7/2003 Port Orleans
    7/2003 All star sports
    7/2004 Pop Century
    7/2010 All star movies
    7/2011 Pop Century
    3/2013 Pop Century
    4/2013 All star movies

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the ride was just ok. My four kids aged 9 to 16 are more thrill seekers and hated it. "This is just like Expedition Everest before the fun starts", was what one said and they all quickly agreed.
    TTFN!

06/97 offsite, 09/00 BW, 01/01 BC, 12/01 Poly, 05/02 YC, 12/02 BC, 06/03 WLV, 10/03 BCV, 05/04 BWV, 10/04 BCV, 04/05 BCV, 12/05 BWV, 05/06 WLV, 12/06 BCV, 11/07 BWV, 08/08 SS, 08/09 BCV, 09/10 BCV, 08/11 BCV, 08/12 BLT, 01/13 SS, 08/13 BLT, 07/14 BCV, 07/16 SS, 06/19 BCV

Post Thanks / Like

But it isn't a thrill ride. It is a modified dark ride designed for younger children/families.

To even approach it like a thrill ride is doomed to failure.

You are traveling in one of the dwarf's mine carts, you travel through their mine, see them leave and then go past their cottage when they are dancing with Snow White.

This is an experience not an off the shelf thrill ride.

Post Thanks / Like

You are so right RBrooks. I will chastise my children immediately!
    TTFN!

06/97 offsite, 09/00 BW, 01/01 BC, 12/01 Poly, 05/02 YC, 12/02 BC, 06/03 WLV, 10/03 BCV, 05/04 BWV, 10/04 BCV, 04/05 BCV, 12/05 BWV, 05/06 WLV, 12/06 BCV, 11/07 BWV, 08/08 SS, 08/09 BCV, 09/10 BCV, 08/11 BCV, 08/12 BLT, 01/13 SS, 08/13 BLT, 07/14 BCV, 07/16 SS, 06/19 BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Ride was Ok, need a FP to get in and out. Day we were there ride was down for about 4 hrs. total. When wanted to ride again later all FP's from day were getting in line and stand by was not moving. So we didn't ride again, not waiting over 60 min

Very smooth ride and it did seem short, could've had more of the 7 dwarfs in the ride. Oh well, we would ride it again next time.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I took pictures of the roller coaster with the MK in the background and it looked like everybody was having a blast.
    We were surprised at how quiet the ride was. It went right by us and we probably wouldn't have heard it if we weren't looking right at it.
    We don't have to worry about waiting in a long line because my wife refuses to go on roller coasters after riding Expedition Everest in Animal Kingdom.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by indytraveler View Post
    Ride was Ok, need a FP to get in and out. Day we were there ride was down for about 4 hrs. total. When wanted to ride again later all FP's from day were getting in line and stand by was not moving. So we didn't ride again, not waiting over 60 min

Very smooth ride and it did seem short, could've had more of the 7 dwarfs in the ride. Oh well, we would ride it again next time.
    Have other Intercotees who have recently visited found this? I keep seeing tons of trip reports around the various blogs, photo journals and boards that are reporting a lot of down time for this ride.

We're planning a 1 day Disney visit during our upcoming trip to Orlando and if we go to MK, I want to make sure we get to check this out. But, since we only have 1 day, I want to choose wisely!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: