Quantcast Email saying FP+ cancelled

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Email saying FP+ cancelled

I just got an email saying my FP+ for The Festival of Fantasy Parade was cancelled. I spoke with an agent, and she told me that they were canceling all FP+ for parades and fireworks around the Fourth of July holiday. She said that they couldn't limit the space due to the expected crowds.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Bummer! Tis life though! Disney (and others) has canceled entire cruises for people before!

Sounds like a decision from upper brass, but it's nice to see that they contacted you and actually gave you an answer as to why when you called!

Post Thanks / Like

You should call back and ask for double FP+ to accommodate your loss! Can't hurt to try!
    My Disney Homes Away From Home!

Caribbean Beach Resort - 1996, 2021
    All-Star Movies Resort - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - 2004
    All-Star Sports Resort - 2005, 2018 - 2019
    Disney Wonder - 2005
    Pop Century Resort - 2006, 2017
    Animal Kingdom Villas - 2013
    Coronado Springs Resort - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

I totally understand why they decided to do this. The agent that I spoke with was very helpful. I'm just glad that they notified me well enough in advance to add something else. I imagine that there are going to be some unhappy people who think they've got a nice spot to view fireworks, and when they arrive, they will be out of luck.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

One of the worst days to view the fireworks shows, so a FP would really help, and no go. Boo!

Although I'd hate to be the CM(s) having to enforce the FP+ zone. They have a hard enough time keeping the waking paths clear on a normal day. I know people come to blows about fireworks/parade spots.

Post Thanks / Like

We went on the 3rd of July a couple of years ago and the crowds for fireworks was horrendous! People just kept squeezing in where there was no space and trying to shove us out of the way. It was not a fun place to be. The fireworks were good but the viewing area was not. FP+ for that would be great. Too bad they cancelled it but I can understand why.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: