Quantcast American Idol Experience to Close?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default American Idol Experience to Close?

Some sites are reporting CMs were told American Idol Experience will close around 6 months from now, more likely after the first of the year... Anyone else hearing any truth to this?
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Not heard that, but...

please, please, let it be so.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

With the show at an all time low, (even though it has yet to be cancelled) this wouldn't surprise me. I don't mind it being closed. I liked it at first, went twice, haven't felt the need to go back. Maybe it will clear up space for a potential expansion of Lucas properties??? Wishful thinking.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it is officially closing January 4, 2015...

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    With the show at an all time low, (even though it has yet to be cancelled) this wouldn't surprise me. I don't mind it being closed. I liked it at first, went twice, haven't felt the need to go back. Maybe it will clear up space for a potential expansion of Lucas properties??? Wishful thinking.
    I'm sure you remember when tikiman and I mentioned the rumored Star Wars plans? AIE was one area where Star Wars was rumored to expand into... No idea if those plans are still on the table or been tossed into the shredder for better plans...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

I heard they were replacing it with X Factor.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I'll bet dollars to donuts they close it and leave it empty. From all that I've heard there's no real money being spent in WDW until MyMagicYourWayFastpass+ proves its ROI.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Buuuuut they're gonna be showing an extended preview for Guardians of Galaxy!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it is closing early January. One of my friends is one of the producers of the show and confirmed.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not surprised, it will be closing. They always had trouble finding contestants for the shows. Watching the show was not that engaging more of a break from the heat. And paying for the AI property just takes money.

I was thinking about during Star Wars weekend how easy it would be to dress the stage up and do the shows in there. Granted it would limit the audience, but would get rid of the traffic jam in front of the hat and be easier on the cast members in costume.

Post Thanks / Like

I won't miss it. It was a one shot thing for us. It was pretty well done, but not a repeat attraction for me.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Join statement by Disney, FremantleMedia and 19 Entertainment:

Walt Disney World Resort, FremantleMedia and 19 Entertainment have released this joint statement: “After more than five successful years, The American Idol Experience will be coming to a close at Disney’s Hollywood Studios theme park in January 2015. Our partnership with FremantleMedia and 19 Entertainment has been a great addition to the park and we are very appreciative of the amazing cast and guests who have devoted their time and talent to make this experience special and memorable. We are incredibly proud of the more than 2,000 Dream Tickets that have given guests a chance to live their very own Cinderella story and audition for ‘American Idol’. This past season alone, three of the Top 13 contestants were originally discovered through The American Idol Experience and we expect the attraction to continue providing top contestants for ‘American Idol’ XIV in the coming year.”
    This area is still believed to be included in the Star Wars land plans...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Join statement by Disney, FremantleMedia and 19 Entertainment:

This area is still believed to be included in the Star Wars land plans...
    Bingo!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
    ...That exist in fans' imaginary worlds.

They haven't even closed it yet, put away the blueprints.
    The fact that they're closing it on January sounds more like a licensing issue that wasn't renewed for an attraction whose days were already numbered, but what they come up with to replace it--IF anything by the end of the year--is strictly their own business until they tell us.
    Soundsl ike it's not so much to praise Lucas, as to bury Simon.
    Actually, Eric, those plans DO exist within the halls of Imagineering... MANY legit and trustworthy insiders have all stated AIE area was and is included in ANY Star Wars expansion at DHS... And the Indiana Jones Stunt show area is part of the plans as well...

So, there is no putting away any blue prints... There is no arm chair imagineering going on here... The FACTS are this area was and is included in the Star Wars expansion... No matter that we won't see the Star Wars area until 2019/2020... Until and unless things change drastically, this area is earmarked for Star Wars expansion when the time comes...

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be standing in the crowd with the party favors cheering its exit.

But, count me with the skeptics. This park feels like a shell of what it was when it found itself on the top of my list of the four. I really haven't done the count, but when I was at that park a few weeks ago, it seemed like there have been more minuses than pluses since my first visit in late '95.

And now we have another minus.

Sure, there is a plus sitting on a drafting table somewhere, but how long will this building remain vacant (or used as a movie trailer theater )?

For the MGM Studios skeleton they dubbed Disney Hollywood Studios; two weeks of another empty building is too long.
    JR
    '86 Ramada Inn somewhere in Orlando :P
    '95 All Star Sports
    '00 All Star Music
    '03 Fort Wilderness
    '06 Fort Wilderness
    '07 Animal Kingdom Lodge

'09 Fort Wilderness
    '12 All Star Movies
    '13 Pop Century
    '14 Fort Wilderness
    '15 Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRocker View Post
    Sure, there is a plus sitting on a drafting table somewhere, but how long will this building remain vacant (or used as a movie trailer theater )?

For the MGM Studios skeleton they dubbed Disney Hollywood Studios; two weeks of another empty building is too long.
    They could always dust off SuperStar Television (better choice then Doug Live!). Do some dramatic scenes from Revenge, a little comedy with Modern Family, or get the kids with involved on some Marvel action.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see the Monster Sound Show come back. I participated in that show once when it was Martin Short and Chevy Chase. Unbeknownst to the staff they stuck me, the former DJ, behind the mic. It was a blast!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'd love to see Superstar TV come back. That was a classic.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'd love to see Superstar TV come back. That was a classic.
    Me too, there was only one problem, when you are in it (DW and I were), you can't see it. I would have loved a tape or cd or something. It was still really cool, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    Me too, there was only one problem, when you are in it (DW and I were), you can't see it. I would have loved a tape or cd or something.
    With todays technology and the photopass they could easily work out something like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't say that we will miss it.......we never cared enough to step foot in it and see the show. Not even once. So long American Idol, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: