Quantcast American Idol Experience to Close? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe tikiman can clarify more if he comes around, but, someone say there is a Star Wars budget and it is now green lit?
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I just say I disagree with this "Star Wars land" stuff??

I think we are much more likely to see a full blown "Lucasland" than just a "Star Wars land".

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like the people who can be trusted getting "insider" info are split on this... Some are saying that yes, a budget has been approved and the project greenlit, others are saying the budget has been proposed but not approved for SOME project at DHS (could be Star Wars, could be removal of the hat, could be nothing exciting), and others are saying this is just social media nonsense caused by Disney because they have nothing on the burners at the moment and are trying to steal some thunder away from Universal's huge week this week showcasing Diagon Alley...

So, basically, believe which ever you want... I am leaning toward the last one... When they have something for DHS, they will announce it, and even then, it means nothing until it opens...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    I won't miss it. It was a one shot thing for us. It was pretty well done, but not a repeat attraction for me.

Same with us, we did it once and that was enough. Never entered my mind to see it again.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

We can start a new thread if we want to speculate on Star Wars.

I'm not sure something like Star Wars or Cars would take over the AI Building. That seems like it would just be too visually jarring. The surrounding area, with the exception of the hat, is still pretty visually cohesive. Throwing in a building from Coruscant or Naboo could destroy that. Cars might work. Flo's and Luigi's buildings have are more harmonious to the current art deco flair.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDreamer View Post
    We can start a new thread if we want to speculate on Star Wars.

I'm not sure something like Star Wars or Cars would take over the AI Building. That seems like it would just be too visually jarring. The surrounding area, with the exception of the hat, is still pretty visually cohesive. Throwing in a building from Coruscant or Naboo could destroy that. Cars might work. Flo's and Luigi's buildings have are more harmonious to the current art deco flair.
    The transition from Hollywood to alien planet will be my main concern at the moment... I'm curious as to how they would do that and not ruin the park, though, the park really is already ruined...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    The transition from Hollywood to alien planet will be my main concern at the moment... I'm curious as to how they would do that and not ruin the park, though, the park really is already ruined...
    I used to love this park but now I don't mind missing it all together. It is ruined.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious as to how they would do that and not ruin the park, though, the park really is already ruined...
    The park is suffering from a lack of focus currently. It started out as a "behind the scenes" park. Most of the attractions were pretty focused on showing you how things worked. Most of these are gone or diminished now. As time went on they included more things to bring you into the movie. They also tried to push it towards a thrill park, adding Tower of Terror and, the out of place but good, Rockin' Roller Coaster. Now the park just seems fuzzy and unsure of itself. It they recommit to one concept it might help the park.

I do greatly appreciate the live performers that work at the park. From the stunt shows, to the guides on the Great Movie Ride, and the fantastic street performers. I say this park still has a great uniqueness quality provided by the staff.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, this is not the great news people so desperately want it to be. AIE is one hell of an attraction, if you have the courage to try it out. How many people who complain about it actually tried to sing? None I would bet...

Let me put it to the people this way, I try singing every time I go, EVERY TIME. I absolutely love this attraction. The Simon type judge remembers me and everytime he sees me he does this fake "cringe" that makes this whole experience special and worthwhile.

My point is, if AIE is on life support, try singing, just once before it closes, even if you can't sing, I can't but I keep trying.

Jimmy Thick- Its oh so easy to call an attraction bad...Especially if you have never tried it...* Jimmy rolls eyes *
    Disney Forum Legend/ Published Author / Disney Stock Holder / Marine / Police Officer / Loving Husband and Father / World of Warcraft addict / Fantasy Football Champion...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDreamer View Post
    The park is suffering from a lack of focus currently. It started out as a "behind the scenes" park. Most of the attractions were pretty focused on showing you how things worked. Most of these are gone or diminished now. As time went on they included more things to bring you into the movie. They also tried to push it towards a thrill park, adding Tower of Terror and, the out of place but good, Rockin' Roller Coaster. Now the park just seems fuzzy and unsure of itself. It they recommit to one concept it might help the park.

I do greatly appreciate the live performers that work at the park. From the stunt shows, to the guides on the Great Movie Ride, and the fantastic street performers. I say this park still has a great uniqueness quality provided by the staff.
    The working movie studio/theme park idea was fine... Problem was, Disney couldn't make Hollywood happen in Orlando... The industry just didn't take... It failed... Thus, Disney-MGM Studios, now Disney Hollywood Studios, lost its focus...

Seems like Disney really have no clue what to do with the park... I'm all for more Star Wars (providing they don't muck it up), but I'm also concerned how the land would fit into DHS, theme wise...

They need to start over again... Develop a new mission for DHS, a new course... Name change as well.. Remove studios cause it no longer works, no longer fits what that park is... Maybe Disney's Hollywood Adventure? Can't use "Ride the Movies" Universal already did that... Plus, DHS also focuses on music, TV, and stage... Which then makes Hollywood no longer a fit since most people associate stage with Broadway in NYC...

The other problem with DHS is park layout... it is the worst layout ever for theme parks... They never should have abandoned the hub/spoke/wheel design...

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Ian. He's always right. Always! Can we get a petition to change intercot to Iancot?
    Pimpin aint dead.... its just renamed.... Frozen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kbean View Post
    I agree with Ian. He's always right. Always! Can we get a petition to change intercot to Iancot?
    Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

DHS needs to be almost gutted and started over. In lieu of that, separate MOVIE themed lands can coexist peacefully, a la DCA. It all works over there and the lack of a unified theme does not ruin the experience. They should rename DHS Disney Hollywood Adventure and then have a Pixar land, Star Wars land, etc. That would work.

As for AI, good riddance. That whole thing is SO yesterday.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Nat, you aren't kidding.. DHS is the worst theme park in Orlando (ok SeaWorld may give it a run for its money for worst)... The park is a huge mess... Looking at Google maps, man, is the lay out even worse than I thought...

I usually don't like playing armchair imagineering, I leave that to the creative professionals (and yes, the professionals still do a great job, it is management and all the political red tape which keeps their creative juices from flowing with greatness anymore)...But, after looking at the satellite maps, I'm working on how I would fix DHS if I were in charge... Now, whether I post it or not, that is another story LOL...

We don't have an armchair imagineering thread or section do we? Would be a fun forum I think...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kbean View Post
    lol not sure if this is sarcastic or serious, but just in case it was serious thank you for the compliment!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

No sarcasm!!!
    Pimpin aint dead.... its just renamed.... Frozen.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Marvel

Maybe Disney could add some Marvel attraction to this area, keeping in theme with Hollywood and the Movies

Gareth ºoºwen

DVC Member - My Home Resorts: AKV

Previous visits:
    1991, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2001, 2005, DLParis 2006, 2007, 2008 AKV, 2011 Baylake & AKV, 2011 Saratoga, 2013 AKV & Saratoga, 2014 Saratoga & Keywest, 2015 Keywest & Saratoga, 2016 COMING SOON

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigG007 View Post
    Maybe Disney could add some Marvel attraction to this area, keeping in theme with Hollywood and the Movies

Disney World can't have Marvel attractions because of Universal Studios Florida already having Marvel attractions.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Disney CAN however, use Marvel characters which Universal does not have the rights to... But no one knows or cares about those characters... The big popular ones are all under Universal's control...

Post Thanks / Like

Disney CAN however, use Marvel characters which Universal does not have the rights to... But no one knows or cares about those characters... The big popular ones are all under Universal's control...
    The contract with Universal(MCA Inc. at the time) says the Marvel Universe. So on the East Coast I think that means everyone.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: