Quantcast Tell me everything I need to know about CBR!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tell me everything I need to know about CBR!

I have read the basic facts online about CBR but I would like to have some insider tips. What's your favorite, and not so favorite things about the resort. What should we do and what should we avoid? What should I know? I'

m so excited to finally be staying there but I am so used to POR that's it's going to take away some of my comfort being somewhere new.

I have heard that you can see Epcot's fireworks from one of the beaches. How good can you see them? And can you hear the music? Is it worth devoting one evening to experience from the beach?

Thanks!
    1994 POFQ
    2003 ALL STARS SPORTS
    2007 OFF SITE
    Sept. 2009 POP
    Oct. 2010 POR
    Oct.2011 POR
    Sept. 2012 POR
    Sept. 2013 POR
    Sept. 2014 CBR
    Sept. 2016 POR
    Sept. 2017 POR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was a kid we stayed at CBR a lot. I just stayed there in Sept 2013 again (it had been 11 years!).

CBR is a beautiful resort. My favorite island is Jamaica. I personally refuse to pay $25/night for preferred since we go for 2 weeks and get two rooms, that's just way too much. Jamaica is a short and pretty walk to OPR. I also like that a lot of busses tend to come in the back entrance and Jamaica is the first stop when they do. It did annoy me a lot to have to make 7 bus stops though. So be prepared for that. The quiet pools are great if you need to do laundry. After visiting pop on our last few trips it was great to do laundry without waiting in line for a machine. If you can snag a hammock, it's really nice to chill out in. My sister and BIL did encounter a lot of bugs when they laid out in it though - so you may want some bug spray.

The food court was really good. My favorite was the deli. The sandwiches were awesome! And the breakfast cuban was my favorite breakfast meal. If you want something light, they sell loaves of bread in the gift shop for around $3. You can toast it and use the jelly they provide for a very inexpensive breakfast for a group.

If you want to use the hot tub, check out the one behind the big pool (behind the enclosed slide). Everyone seems to go into the one that they can see and the one in the back was often empty. There are towels by the big pool which is nice. We would use those to bring to TL and BB as well (returning them of course) so we wouldn't need to rent any.

We didn't sit out to watch the fireworks but did notice that you could see them. Hopefully someone else can give you a best view. You'll only be seeing the ones that are high enough to be over the trees though. We were there 2 weeks and still didn't get to experience everything - the campfire, movies, boats (they stopped having the boats now though).

Enjoy your stay!
    1984 - Contemporary
    1989, 91, 92 - Caribbean Beach
    1992, 94, 95 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2007, 08, 10 - Pop Century
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

We last did CBR in April 2012. We are devoted to POR as well, so I can give you our take on it.

We brought our Godson and stayed in a pirate room. It was very cool. The little touches were fun- accessing the website brought up the pirate theming, checking in we were given swords to play with, and the room is very well themed! But those buildings are really far from everything. Thankfully we are healthy and love to walk!

The laundry set up is almost identical to POR. Quiet pools with laundry rooms nearby. Often, the quiet pools were dead.

Personally, we like Riverside Mill over Old Port Royale. Mainly because we don't care for spicy food, and many of the dishes at the food court had jerk or spicy seasoning added in. The drink set up is the same.

The main pool at CBR is way better. It's a rustic fort- very piratey. The movie set up is better, as it's right near the main hall for easy bathroom/drink access. The walkway from Jamaica to OPR is great- amazing landscaping and scenery. There are lots of fish and turtles in the water to see.

Staying at CBR we missed Yehaa Bob. But he is easy to visit! We also missed the boat ride to. Downtown Disney. Buses also seemed slightly better at POR, but again, they are very close. You will be used to the multiple stops, so that's nothing big.

We never saw the fireworks from the beach. We heard them one night, but by the time we ran out, they were done.

It's fun to stay somewhere else! Enjoy every second of it!! And try Coronado another time! You'll love it too! Have a wonderful vacation!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!