Quantcast Yacht club

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yacht club

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yacht club

I'm really getting excited about our fall trip and our stay at the Yacht Club. This trip is very special to me. We have been visiting on average every three years since 2003 but it may be a while before we come back due to personal reasons, health and financial that I need to deal with before any future vacations can even be thought about. I paid for this vacation with a very generous Christmas gift my dad gave me in 2012 and it will be a trip of firsts for me. First trip without my son which is bittersweet, its kind of sad because he is grown up and in college and those little kid days are over but on the other hand this will be the first trip I planned around myself and my mom, picking the resort I wanted and restaurants that appeal to me. It will be my first trip at an Epcot resort and the first trip not planned around Christmas break. It will be the first time for us at Food and Wine Festival and MNSSHP. I also gifted this trip to my mom who has had a rough few years herself battling breast cancer and then multiple surgeries on her feet and tendons although she is doing well and on the mend now.

After this long explanation, I'll get back to what I really want to know. I want to maximize the enjoyment of this trip so I will be asking questions on and off for the next few months so I can have a great game plan. We will be spending a bit more time relaxing at the resort this time, so tell me secrets two adults 43 yrs and 67 yrs need to know to enjoy the YC. I already know the pool is wonderful, do you recommend it to older folks or should we use a quiet pool? We are booked for a garden view, are there any particular rooms we should ask for, we would like to sit out on the balcony in the mornings and evenings...any particular cocktails we should try from the pool bar, I like to have a drink while doing laundry and the laundrymats tend to be by the bar....anything at all that I can add to our agenda....

Thanks for your help and listening to me ramble.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the YC and the pool didn't seem that loud to me...but you'll have to use the quiet pools if you want a late night dip. Our room was top floor facing the tennis courts. Balcony was perfect. Enjoy every minute. I have such great memories when I went with my hubby and we took my dad. He loved the pool, I got him an inner tub and I push and floated him around for hours...he was 85 and giggled like a schoolboy...what a great trip!
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
    Love the YC and the pool didn't seem that loud to me...but you'll have to use the quiet pools if you want a late night dip. Our room was top floor facing the tennis courts. Balcony was perfect. Enjoy every minute. I have such great memories when I went with my hubby and we took my dad. He loved the pool, I got him an inner tub and I push and floated him around for hours...he was 85 and giggled like a schoolboy...what a great trip!
    Oh that sounds like wonderful memories. What time do the pools close?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    any particular cocktails we should try from the pool bar, I like to have a drink while doing laundry and the laundrymats tend to be by the bar
    At Hurricane Hanna's, order a "Hurricane Hanna." The drink is not on the menu - but it's one of the originals from way back when. It's a rum concoction that hasn't gone up in price - so it's cheaper than the other drinks as well! It's a little known secret.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent's Dad View Post
    At Hurricane Hanna's, order a "Hurricane Hanna." The drink is not on the menu - but it's one of the originals from way back when. It's a rum concoction that hasn't gone up in price - so it's cheaper than the other drinks as well! It's a little known secret.
    Putting it on my list right now

Post Thanks / Like

We went on our first trip without our DD in the fall of 2012 and had a wonderful time. It was the first time we could just wonder around...take it a little easier, if you know what I mean. That year was our first time at F&W and MNSSHP. Try to make your F&W nights on week nights...NOT WEEKENDS! And, forget about Epcot on Saturday, it's jammed during F&W. As far as MNSSHP, rest up that day as much as possible so you don't make the mistake I did and be so tired out that you forget about the parade!

Hope you have a wonder time. We are going to be at YC this fall for the first time too!
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Beaches and Cream is right there for ice cream as well. That's always on our list.
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Mode View Post
    We went on our first trip without our DD in the fall of 2012 and had a wonderful time. It was the first time we could just wonder around...take it a little easier, if you know what I mean. That year was our first time at F&W and MNSSHP. Try to make your F&W nights on week nights...NOT WEEKENDS! And, forget about Epcot on Saturday, it's jammed during F&W. As far as MNSSHP, rest up that day as much as possible so you don't make the mistake I did and be so tired out that you forget about the parade!

Hope you have a wonder time. We are going to be at YC this fall for the first time too!
    It is a Friday, Sunday afternoon and Tuesday morning we plan on going to Epcot. Hope those days aren't too crazy. Our MNSSHP is our first full day at the parks so I'm hoping we won't tire too easily. Enjoy your trip too! When are you going?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleveSJM View Post
    Beaches and Cream is right there for ice cream as well. That's always on our list.
    Oh yeah, we definitely want to try and get in there....I'm thinking arrival night after DTD

Post Thanks / Like

So, what is in this "Hurricane Hanna"??
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1989 HJ (Downtown Disney area)
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the YC a few times but in recent years have switched to the BWI. Anyway, Hurricane Hanna's is the pool bar and snack shack out by the pool
    Also, you mentioned doing laundry. The laundry at the YC is outside in a separate building out by the quiet pool.
    We love staying at the Epcot area. My family refuses to stay anywhere else. It has the best location.
    Moe
    1991 CBR, Honeymoon
    2004 POFQ
    2005 BC & Poly
    2006 Yacht Club
    2007 Yacht Club

2009 Boardwalk Inn
    2010 Boardwalk Inn
    2011 Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dream'nDisney View Post
    So, what is in this "Hurricane Hanna"??
    Not sure of the exact ingredients, but think typical rum type beach drink. Although there is a floater of strong rum on top....
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moe513 View Post
    We stayed at the YC a few times but in recent years have switched to the BWI. Anyway, Hurricane Hanna's is the pool bar and snack shack out by the pool
    Also, you mentioned doing laundry. The laundry at the YC is outside in a separate building out by the quiet pool.
    We love staying at the Epcot area. My family refuses to stay anywhere else. It has the best location.
    Our first stay in that area, I'm afraid I will get spoiled and not want to stay anywhere else.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure of the exact ingredients, but think typical rum type beach drink. Although there is a floater of strong rum on top....
    I googled it and found a recipe online for a Hurricane Hannah-they said it was basically a pina coloda mixed with a rum runner...not sure if YC Hurricane Hannah is the same thing though

Post Thanks / Like

Just found this

Hurricane Hanna
    ( Courtesy of Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts / August 15, 2013 )
    Disney's Yacht & Beach Club

1 oz. Myer's Rum

3/4 oz. peach schnapps

3 oz. orange juice

Splash of grenadine

1/2 oz. Bacardi 151 Rum

Cherry and orange slice for garnish

1.) Fill hurricane glass with ice

2.) Conbine Myer's rum, schnapps, orange juice and grenadine. Pour over ice

3.) Top off with Bacardi 151 rum

4.) Garnish with cherry and orange slice

Post Thanks / Like

Hey MississippiDisneyFreak.

I'm leaving for a week at the Yacht Club this Saturday. Our first stay there. So if you have a specific question, i'll try to help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOJoe View Post
    Hey MississippiDisneyFreak.

I'm leaving for a week at the Yacht Club this Saturday. Our first stay there. So if you have a specific question, i'll try to help.
    Would really know good room area to ask for, we are booked in garden view and would love a view of Epcot or illuminations. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

[=MississippiDisneyFreak;2414624]Would really like to know good room area to ask for, we are booked in garden view and would love a view of Epcot or illuminations. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    Would really know good room area to ask for, we are booked in garden view and would love a view of Epcot or illuminations. Thanks
    I think i can answer this one now. Garden View tends to be just that. Views of shrubs, trees and other rooms. Water view would give you a chance to look out over the resort toward Epcot, the Beach Club and the Boardwalk.

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at YC twice now and actually prefer it over BC because we do like to sit on our balcony which you are less apt to get at BC. We did laundry one morning and YC's quiet pool is very nice and secluded. There are lounge chairs as well as tables set up and some restrooms right there. If you take the main hall that runs from the lobby next to the gift shop and take it all the way to the end you will find the quiet pool right there. There is also a small hot tub over there as well. We have also stayed at BWI and the Dolphin and love that area. The walk into Epcot is the best. We always try and eat dinners in Epcot at some of the countries so that we utilize that location well. If you are just looking for a nice stroll you can't beat the walk around the lake over to BW. Beaches and Cream does have a take out counter and we did hit that a few times..yummy! We didn't hit it this year but DH and I think a quiet morning walk into Epcot and hitting the bakery in France for a nice breakfast sounds so nice. By the way I am 44 and rode the waterslide at YC 4+ times this trip..my kids thought it was so funny. DH and I spent most of our pool time floating in the lazy river part..it is deeper and thus not too many kids are found there.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS