Quantcast A New Way to End Your Walt Disney World Resort Day: ‘Epcot After-Hours Wind Down’

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Post A New Way to End Your Walt Disney World Resort Day: ‘Epcot After-Hours Wind Down’

posted on April 11th, 2014 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

Just imagine, after IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks show at Epcot, instead of heading to your car or back to the resort, you could head to one of four spots in World Showcase for end-of-day relaxation with appetizers and beverages.

You can do just that beginning April 17 through September 15. Choose either La Cava del Tequila at the Mexico Pavilion; Spice Road Table in the Morocco Pavilion; Tutto Gusto in the Italy Pavilion, or Rose & Crown Pub in the United Kingdom Pavilion. Each location will have small bites paired with a beverage flight (additional beverages can be purchased) from 9:20 – 11 p.m. It’s a magical time as the park quiets down.

Cost is $35, plus tax and gratuity. To make a reservation, go to www.disneyworld.com/spring, call 407-WDW-DINE, or check in with Epcot Guest Relations to see if space is available.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

So, for an hour and a half, I can eat and drink all I want for that price?

Hmmmmm

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan123 View Post
    So, for an hour and a half, I can eat and drink all I want for that price?

Hmmmmm
    Noooooo ... I think you get the "small bites" (which I presume are all you can eat) and then you get one flight of beverages included for the price.

If you notice it says, "additional beverages can be purchased."
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan123 View Post
    ... I can <snip> drink all I want for that price?
    Doubtful.
    ... paired with a beverage flight (additional beverages can be purchased)
    ETA: Wow, did it really take me 3 minutes to post this?
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in favor of adding anything more at WDW for adults to do after the parks close.

Let's just keep Rose + Crown open till 2. Cheers.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Does anyone besides me find a great irony in the fact that Disney used to have tons of great places for adults to go after park close?

It was called "Pleasure Island" and Disney ... well ... inexplicably closed it down.

Pretty clear now they're scrambling to find new places for adults to go after park close.

Another shining example of the fine leadership of TDO.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    I'm in favor of adding anything more at WDW for adults to do after the parks close.

Let's just keep Rose + Crown open till 2. Cheers.
    Yes! I wish they would keep some of the Pubs and CS open later! I love wondering around after hours!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Does anyone besides me find a great irony in the fact that Disney used to have tons of great places for adults to go after park close?

It was called "Pleasure Island" and Disney ... well ... inexplicably closed it down.

Pretty clear now they're scrambling to find new places for adults to go after park close.

That is true on one hand.
    On the other I know myself I am just not into clubs [other than I did like the Adventurer's Club and the Comedy place[can't remember the name for the life of me].
    But I'm not into dance clubs and such.
    I agree it should still be open for the crowd that is though.
    In addition I like this new EPCOT after hours for those that like lower key options.

Although this may show my age!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Clubs and bars aren't for everyone. I'd be more I to a laid backs apps and zerts type place myself... but that's just me.

Disney still has the Atlantic dance hall that is empty 90% of the time.

And obviously the disney leadership realized the need for more night time entertainment and hangout spots. Yes, disney spring is supposed to be more family friendly, but I'm sure the new restaurants and lounges will attract a night time crowd.

In my opinion, this Epcot idea is not about giving Disney another night time venue.

Epcot let's guests hang around for over an hour after illuminations sometimes. You might as well keep some restaurants open, with guaranteed attendance, to milk some more money.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems pricey to me for what they're offering.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Not for me but I can see locals taking advantage of this time. Seems like there is always local twenty some things hanging around drinking after the show. I'd rather go back to my resort & jump in the hot tub
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

I love the idea of extra time in World Showcase, especially without crowds. But it seems very limited for the price. You're not getting all of WS, just a few places to snack and drink. Not sure I'm satisfied with the implementation, but I would certainly try it once.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder If you'll be able to go into these places and have a drink or two without buying the package?
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    I wonder If you'll be able to go into these places and have a drink or two without buying the package?
    It sounded to me like without the ticket to stay later, you would be encouraged to leave at closing. But you bring up a good point. How will they be checking this, or will they? As long as they're consistently selling food and drink, would they ask you to leave if you don't purchase the package deal?
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

My guess is you'd need to scan your MB/RFID card after 9:20 (the start time) to enter.

Everyone else in the restaurant will be slowly pushed out at 9:00 (the closing time of the restaurant).

Maybe they won't take ADRs for dinner after, say, 8:30? There may be a few stragglers, but they won't be able to partake, and they'll be pushed out at closing time.

Post Thanks / Like

Love this idea, but not going to take advantage of it because of the price. Around $25 a person would have been my breaking point. I've already spent a buncha money eating and drinking during the day. Including tax and tip would push this to close to $90 for me and my hubby. We'll just find a bench to relax for a few minutes.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I agree the price point is a bit high ... I agree with Aurora that I think I'd top out around $25 or so.

And honestly I can't see locals dropping $35 just to hang out in Epcot a bit longer when they go all the time. Just doesn't seem like something I'd do if I lived nearby.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting that they're calling it a "flight," but if you go to make a ressie you see that all you get is one drink in that $35 price.

How does one drink become a flight? That best darn be one large and potent drink.
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mendelson View Post
    Interesting that they're calling it a "flight," but if you go to make a ressie you see that all you get is one drink in that $35 price.

How does one drink become a flight? That best darn be one large and potent drink.
    A flight is considered one drink. There are sample menus on the Disney Food Blog. If you don't want the flight you can have a single drink.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    It sounded to me like without the ticket to stay later, you would be encouraged to leave at closing. But you bring up a good point. How will they be checking this, or will they? As long as they're consistently selling food and drink, would they ask you to leave if you don't purchase the package deal?
    You will be encouraged to leave the 4 places but you can stay in Epcot like always.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Like others have said we were never Pleasure Island people. Loud clubs are just not my thing. An additional quiet hour or two at a restaurant in a park I already like to end my day in? I could see DH and I getting behind this on our next trip.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: