Quantcast Tips for 1st time MNSSHP goer

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tips for 1st time MNSSHP goer

Looking like we're adding MNSSHP to our October trip Itinerary!!!

Lots of good information found on other threads. But with this new one I've created, I'm looking specifically for advice, tips, MUSTS, avoids, special things everyone may not know, little "easter eggs", etc.

Thank you!!!
    Kristen

last attraction: Art Academy in DHS
    last meal: Parisian Breakfast - Chefs de France

'94 - Poly & CBR: first trip
    '96 - GF & Dixie Landings
    '98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - CSR: HONEYMOON
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The parade is a must-see. I would view it from Frontierland or Liberty Square. The headless horseman leads the parade and he comes through fairly quickly. If you are further along on the parade route, you end up with a pretty big delay between him and the rest of the parade.

Also, if you are into character meets, make sure you look at your guide to see who is out. When we were there, they had a photo op with all the seven dwarves that we missed out on. That would have been a real fun pic.

Also, there is a story teller that hangs out outside of the Haunted Mansion. I have heard she is great, and we tried to see her when we were there, but she wasn't out. Bummed about that, too.

Go to the party well-rested, and if you want to dress up, go for it, you will be in good company.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cer View Post
    The parade is a must-see. I would view it from Frontierland or Liberty Square. The headless horseman leads the parade and he comes through fairly quickly. If you are further along on the parade route, you end up with a pretty big delay between him and the rest of the parade.

Also, if you are into character meets, make sure you look at your guide to see who is out. When we were there, they had a photo op with all the seven dwarves that we missed out on. That would have been a real fun pic.

Also, there is a story teller that hangs out outside of the Haunted Mansion. I have heard she is great, and we tried to see her when we were there, but she wasn't out. Bummed about that, too.

Go to the party well-rested, and if you want to dress up, go for it, you will be in good company.
    thanks a LOT!!! those are things i didn't know / didn't find in earlier research.
    Kristen

'98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering the same thing...we will be there Oct 29-Nov 4...I was hoping we'd be able to do the party on the 30th instead of the 31st thinking it wouldn't be as crowded, but looking at historical dates it looks like they are normally on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays...so we'll be there on the 31st, a Friday it looks like. Anyone else ever go on Halloween? Is it crazy crowded?

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    I was wondering the same thing...we will be there Oct 29-Nov 4...I was hoping we'd be able to do the party on the 30th instead of the 31st thinking it wouldn't be as crowded, but looking at historical dates it looks like they are normally on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays...so we'll be there on the 31st, a Friday it looks like. Anyone else ever go on Halloween? Is it crazy crowded?
    In Oct., Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday "normally". Always subject to change though.

Post Thanks / Like

We are also going for the first time this year! Thanks for the tips everybody, we are super excited!

Post Thanks / Like

I would always recommend going to the 2nd parade, way less crowded than the 1st. We've sat down on Main St. after watching the fireworks and it is amazing the amount of people that walk by leaving the park. Usually one person in our party will hit the bakery for some snacks and we'll wait there until the 2nd parade and just enjoy the atmosphere.

I would also try to hit Haunted Mansion just before closing. We got on about 5min prior at one party and were the only 2 people in the stretching room...super creepy!
    Off-Site - 86, 90, 94, 99, 01, 03, Jan 04, Jul 04, May 05, Dec 05
    96 Polynesian
    May 04, Nov 10 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 04, Apr 05, Jan 06, May 09, Oct 15 Coronado Springs
    Dec 04, Dec 13 Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct 05, Nov 07 Caribbean Beach
    Oct 12 Bay Lake Towers

Next trip - ??

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...only folks in the stretching room. That must have been really cool!

Post Thanks / Like

Wear a costume! And get plenty of rest before the party. We usually make that our "stay in and sleep" day. We've done 2 mnsshp parties, and had so much fun both times. It's so festive and the parade is great. Oh and the fireworks are awesome.

If I remember correctly the candy line was a waste of time. We have a 3 YO, and to me, it just wasn't worth going through it. But everything else is awesome. He loves the dance parties.

Be sure to check the MNSSHP map / brochure when it comes available so you can plan out your night.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

YES!!! Wearing a costume is half the fun! It doesn't have to be much and you don't have to go all out. But wear something. It's a Halloween party after all!!! Be fun and festive.

Like everyone else said, the parade is awesome. It's a must. And trick or treating down the trails for candy is fun too. How often can you go trick or treating?!?! Take advantage of that!!!

Have fun fun!!!

That's my favorite time of the year!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Even though the party starts at 7PM, you can be admitted with your party tickets at around 4PM. Can save a day on MYW tickets. Halloween activities will not start until 7PM, but you can still enjoy the park for an extra 3 hours. The Headless Horseman rides about 5 minutes before the start of the parade in Frontierland. A must see along with the fireworks.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all the tips!!!
    Kristen

'98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - POP