Quantcast Help convince a pregnant lady it's ok

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help convince a pregnant lady it's ok

The boys and I are headed to Florida for a couple weeks this summer for a visit to relatives and a camp for the boys. A friend of mine reign they found out she's expecting in October and she had wanted to come down that second week we are there and go to The World for a few days. She now is backing out because she said there's nothing she can ride and I'm trying to reassure her that there are PLENTY of things to do and see, as well as ride for she as well as her 4 yr DD. The boys and I will be visiting anyway for a day or two, we will be that close and MUST visit! Any help letting her know there's lots to do and see please list below!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course, there are many attractions she can still go on; basically any ride that doesn't have the requisite warning about pregnant women/people with back problems/people with heart conditions is perfectly safe. That said, I would recommend respecting her feelings about the situation. She might be apprehensive based on her previous pregnancy experience. Pregnancy can be a difficult and physically draining time for some women; I had extended morning sickness when I was pregnant and it was all I could do to get through a normal day. I cannot imagine feeling that way and walking around a theme park in Florida in the middle of summer.

Anyway, I think the best thing to do is just proceed with your own plans and let her know that you would still love to have her and DD join you if she feels up to it. Also reassure her that you will take breaks in the hottest part of the day and that she can take a relaxed pace as needed. That's probably the best way to convince her to come along.

As far as rides, here is a list of the ones that are not recommended for expectant moms:

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    Space Mountain
    Splash Mountain
    Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
    Mission: SPACE
    Test Track
    Star Tours
    Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
    Tower of Terror
    Dinosaur
    Expedition Everest
    Kali River Rapids
    Kilimanjaro Safari
    Primeval Whirl

I don't think there is a warning with the Teacups, but it seems to me that might be another one to avoid, or maybe just not spin if a person is pregnant. Basically every other ride/attraction should be okay.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

She wants to go, she feels it will be a waste of money though since she won't be able to ride anything. I'm not tryng to talk her I to anything, I did show her on park maps things she can do and she was surprised at how much there was. I too braved WDW in July heat while pregnant with my first and I know how grueling it can be. I would of course take breaks and make sure SHE was well hydrated and fed as well as the kids!
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe now she has other expenses to worry about?

Post Thanks / Like

That's not it either. She thinks she will go and get to walk around, period. I'm looking for positive comments here to SHOW her that there is more to the trip than walking around. Where is the magic?!?! And how to find it.....geeze, I feel like I'm getting crucified here....
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't any experience of my own, but I should htin there would be lots for her to do. The Monsters Inc show, the castle show, Peter Pan, The little mermaid,the ferry boat, Tom Sawyers Island, Country Bears come to mind quickly. I hope if she decides to come y'all have a wonderful time!

Post Thanks / Like

I actually have to agree with your friend. I wouldn't want to go to WDW pregnant. There are plenty of rides she can go on, however there are a lot that she can't. For me, it would not be worth the price of a ticket. It is also super hot. That is just my opinion however.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I also agree with your friend. She may know that being hot and walking around are not how she wants to spend her summer vacation. Even though she can ride stuff, she also can't ride a LOT of stuff and she might know that will bum her out and she won't enjoy herself very much. It is a lot of !money to spend when you are unsure of how much fun you will have. I will say, after our trip last August, I can say for certain we will never go back in the summer again. It was completely miserable, for all of us. I would have never left the resort if I had been pregnant. Respect your friend's wishes here. She doesn't want to go. Leave it at that.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with everyone else. It's going to be insanely hot and crowded. Oh vey the crowds! Even if she takes plenty of breaks, it may be hard to find shady places to sit, long lines for water, SO NOISY etc.

I was unclear on whether or not your friend is a local or she will be traveling. If she is traveling and if you are staying on-site she may have a great time simply spending time at the resort.

Since you're looking for positive reasons, I would say maybe she can make notes of all the great stuff she can do when she does have that baby? Maybe do some shopping for little adorable Disney baby items?

But again, OMG its going to be so hot and crowded. I'm not pregnant and I don't even like going in July.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not pregnant, but due to a physical disability, I cannot ride a lot of the rides on that list. I still have a great time though. While my friends and family are riding a ride that I cannot, I will browse through stores, grab a snack, people watch, etc.
    I've been amazed at how much I enjoy the shows. I would have never stopped to watch Festival of the Lion King before, but now it is one of my favorite things to do at AK.

I would just give her some time to think about it without pushing it and some time to get accustomed to being pregnant again. Wait and see how she feels when the time gets closer.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Since I don't know where either you or your friend are from or will we staying (local, on-site, off-site), this may not apply--but what about your friend joining your family for a resort/casual day. Still the Disney magic, but less of the crowds--just enjoy the pools, rent a pontoon boat, maybe do a spa treatment, maybe a close by character meal.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to be a person to let anything stop me from Disney I braved at 6 1/2 months preggers. Loved it. One of my favorite trips. Because I had to stop, slow down and really look I experienced so many things I just didn't see before. Gret time to see all the shows you never seem to have time for. I would suggest maybe a hidden Mickey hunt. there are a ton of books on this. We did this has a group last time for something different. Even found a new one and had it verified. Ride the monorail and check out the resorts. Take the boat from DTD. Of course if she really doesn't want to go she won't have a good time. How about floating down a lazy river at water park? Hope you have a great trip anyway.
    WORK TO PAY FOR DISNEY
    2020 June SOG
    2017 MNSSHP POP
    2014 August Shades of Green
    2012 August POP
    2008 September POP
    2007 April Shades of Green
    2004 April Shades of Green
    2001 March Shades of Green
    1998 December Shades of Green
    1995 March off site

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Disney both times I was pregnant with my kids. It was great! We took afternoon naps back at the hotel during the hot part of the day. And while my husband was riding the big rides not recommended for pregnant women (which there are only two or three at a park) I would look in the gift shops for cute clothing and toys for my new baby!
    I loved those trips!
    Honestly, show her the park map and count out how many things she can do at each park vs how many she can't do. She will be pleasantly surprised.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

My best friend was 8 months pregnant with her youngest when she went and we are going in three weeks and she'll be just about the same with her third when we go! Her husband and I can take the kids on the rides she can't go on but we booked our trip before she found out she was expecting and she said no way was she cancelling and she would just go on the rides she could and leave the "heavy lifting" to us for the other things! I can understand your friend's hesitancy but no way should she skip out on WDW just because she's pregnant! I'd go no matter what! I hope she goes so you can enjoy your time together!

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Disney World when I was 4 months pregnant and it was one of the best trips ever! I went on all the rides I wanted to (sans roller coasters) and even went on the safari ride which some people advise against whe pregnant. ( I'm from Massachusetts and I found my car ride in the winter with potholes much worse than the terrain in the safari haha) Disney is more than rides. It's food, and atmosphere, and magic!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: