Quantcast villa vs regular room

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default villa vs regular room

Hello community, I'm contemplating an up-coming trip with my mother and my son who will be around 3 at that time. I was wondering is it diifuclt to get toddlers down in a regualr room and then what do the others do? does anyone think it's better to ry to get a one bedroom villa as long as it's not a great deal more to pay? Any insight would be greatly appreceated!!!!!
    Howard Johnsons 1982,Guest Quarters 1989,Guest Quarters 1990,YC 1995,BC 1997, BC 1999, BC 2002, BC 2005 May, Sept., BC 2006 Oct, BC 2007 May, BWI 2008 May, YC 2009 April, YC 2010 December Honeymoon, YC 2016 April, BCV 2017 January, BC 2018 May, BC CL 2019 March

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it really depends on how good a napper your son is and which type of room you are getting. Does he wake easy? Does he need it dark and quiet to nap? Will you have him in a regular bed or a pak n play? What category of room would you plan to get?

A regular room should have enough room for a toddler to nap though room size varies from value to moderate to deluxe. Deluxes have room to put a Pak n Play out of the way in a corner. Most but not all also have a balcony or patio that the adults can sit on.

The 1 bedroom villas will be a large increase in price over a value and can be a 100-200 increase over a standard deluxe room. I have stayed in the 1 bed villas with my kids and I love them for the washing machine and dryer, the full kitchen and the second bath but I don't know if I would pay the extra cost cost to have a separate room to nap in.

If that is your main goal two other less expensive options would be a a Fort Wilderness cabin or a AOA suite. Neither is inexpensive but they are a savings over a one bedroom and do give you two rooms.

In our case when we kids were young enough to nap, they were never good nappers in the room. I always renter a nice stroller and they napped there most of the time.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

thank you so much for all of the information! I didn't think of the balconey, that could be really useful. I was thinking more about when he goes to bed at night and we are still up.I'm sure that most toddlers are very tired after days and then evenings in the parks, and maybe he will easily go to sleep regardless of noise. He is still in a crib right now as he hasn't tried to climb out yet, but I think he is/will be too big for a pack n play, so it may be a bed with something on the sides to stop him falling out. Thanks again.
    Howard Johnsons 1982,Guest Quarters 1989,Guest Quarters 1990,YC 1995,BC 1997, BC 1999, BC 2002, BC 2005 May, Sept., BC 2006 Oct, BC 2007 May, BWI 2008 May, YC 2009 April, YC 2010 December Honeymoon, YC 2016 April, BCV 2017 January, BC 2018 May, BC CL 2019 March

Post Thanks / Like

Usually if you request it they can give you bed rails. I did that once or twice. My kids are not good sleepers at all but most of the time they were so tired from the parks at night that sleeping was never a problem for us.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

We started going when my youngest was 2 1/2. We were very big on the sleep schedules and nap schedules when the kids were young, so I worried about the sleeping arrangements too. MI have to tell you that my kids really surprised and impressed me!

We rented the WDW stroller, which reclined enough for him to catch some naps in when needed. We intentionally hypnotized him in the Hall of Presidents one day, and then we found some rocking chairs nearby to sit and relax for a bit while he slept.

At the end of the day, they would typically fall asleep on the bus back to the resorts. We carried them to the room (dead-weight fast asleep), flopped them on the bed, pulled their clothes off, pulled their PJs on, and they never moved a muscle!

My kids are not normally such deep sleepers, so this SHOCKED us.

We were able to say awake in the room (small value resort room), and watch TV, edit photos, play on laptops/phones, etc. This didn't last too long because we were just as exhausted as they were!
    Second Star to the Right, and Straight on til Morning!

Post Thanks / Like

If it's in the budget, go for the villa. However, know that the one bedrooms have a king bed in the bedroom and the other bed is a fold out couch.

The Art of Animation family suites would also work in your situation for about half the cost.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking from experience (2YO and 3 month old at the time) the villa is a life saver. We also loved having the kitchen and laundry as well. To us it was well worth the extra money. Our 3 month old slept so well in the bedroom, and we still felt like we had so much room to spread out. I can't recommend it enough. And having 2 bathrooms (at Kidani) was awesome.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FaithTrustPixieDust View Post
    We started going when my youngest was 2 1/2. We were very big on the sleep schedules and nap schedules when the kids were young, so I worried about the sleeping arrangements too. MI have to tell you that my kids really surprised and impressed me!

We rented the WDW stroller, which reclined enough for him to catch some naps in when needed. We intentionally hypnotized him in the Hall of Presidents one day, and then we found some rocking chairs nearby to sit and relax for a bit while he slept.

At the end of the day, they would typically fall asleep on the bus back to the resorts. We carried them to the room (dead-weight fast asleep), flopped them on the bed, pulled their clothes off, pulled their PJs on, and they never moved a muscle!

My kids are not normally such deep sleepers, so this SHOCKED us.

We were able to say awake in the room (small value resort room), and watch TV, edit photos, play on laptops/phones, etc. This didn't last too long because we were just as exhausted as they were!
    We found this to be true for our kids. Never stayed long enough to need a washer/dryer. We asked for a crib at the Poly and they delivered it with fresh mattress pads & sheets do we didn't have to mess with pack & play. Having said that, the more space the better so if $ isn't a problem, go large.
    Keneva

---------------------------------
    WDW
    Aug 2022 CR Wing
    Aug 2014 BC & GF Club
    Aug 2012 Swan & Grand Floridian Club
    Aug 2010 Poly LVC
    Aug 2008 Poly LVC
    Aug 2006 CR Club
    Jan 2001 Poly LVC (Honeymoon)
    Oct 1995 Off-site

DL
    1967-69 Several Visits (Green Lantern Motel?)

Post Thanks / Like

Judging by your vacation history, I'm not sure you'd like this option, but what about an AoA Suite?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: