Quantcast PUSH's MK days coming to an end?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default PUSH's MK days coming to an end?

I'm seeing all over Twitter this afternoon that CMs are reporting PUSH the Talking Trashcan's last day at the Magic Kingdom may be Saturday.

I saw that PUSH has been in the MK for 19 years. Wow, time flies! I personally enjoy PUSH (and secretly love finding the human responsible for the voice), so this is kind of sad to hear. It's these little things that make Disney special, and really, how much could it cost to operate PUSH?

Hopefully this is just a rumor!
    Last edited by Melanie; 02-05-2014 at 06:05 PM.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope it isn't true! One of my favourite MK memories is of a great interaction between PUSH and my very shy oldest son when he was about 7 or 8. We always look out for PUSH and his "voice".
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

I hope this isn't true! PUSH is so cute and I agree, that it's the little touches like this that make Disney special. My younger daughter - really my whole family, but especially her - loved Wes Palm at AK.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Been seeing this spread like wildfire across the internet... But no one seems to be confirming it...

However, the Ziti Sisters at the Italy Pavilion in World Showcase will be finishing up this month... And Miyuki in Japan is gone now as well... But no idea is that was an entertainment cut or if Miyuki is no longer appearing for other reasons...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw this earlier today. If this turns out to be true what a shame! It's all these little things, unexpected surprises around very corner, that first made my family fall in love with WDW. Lately I feel they are stripping WDW of everything that makes it unique and stand out among other parks.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

It is true about Push. I've gotten confirmation from a couple of CMs in management about that. But they aren't being given a very clear answer on why it's being shut down from the higher ups. So, yes, Push is going away as of Saturday, but the brass at TDO have not given a reason why.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

How sad!!!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

When will the madness end?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    When will the madness end?
    ....when?

....when they run out of things to cut / cut-back / destroy / remove / discontinue / phase-out / down-size / re-assign / trash / axe ...or otherwise ...get rid of.

....PUSH is not a 'major attraction' ...yet ...I can tell you from just my circle ...(family, friends, etc) that it's a MAJOR ''must see" ...each trip. I can't imagine that there aren't many others that feel the same way too.

...it saddens ...and at the same time infuriates me ...that the Disney "suits" ...don't think along the same line as their guests.

....they seem to be of the mindset ..."If it don't get us cash ...throw it in the trash"
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    It is true about Push. I've gotten confirmation from a couple of CMs in management about that. But they aren't being given a very clear answer on why it's being shut down from the higher ups. So, yes, Push is going away as of Saturday, but the brass at TDO have not given a reason why.

Ugh.

Post Thanks / Like

This is soooo irritating. Just this year they celebrated PUSH's anniversary and even offered product to commemorate the occasion and now he' s going away.

Hey, Disney Management , what is wrong with you people?!?!?!?!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! We've had some great fun with PUSH over the years. It was a nice "plus" that we always enjoyed.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

They don't have to give a reason why, we already know... PUSH must have cost too much money to operate daily.. I mean, billions in profits just isn't enough to keep the small things that made Disney, you know, Disney... They are getting as dumbed down as Six Flags all in the name of cost savings... Sad how this management team only worries about bottom lines, profits, and their own bank accounts.. But hey, you have nice new plastic rubbery house arrest wrist bands, an app which doesn;t work right half the time, and extra stress just to plan your un-MAGIC-al vacation!!!!
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

He will be missed...just saw him 2 weeks ago & Iwas hoping hwe'dchase my sister into the bathroom again!
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDad View Post
    ....when?

....when they run out of things to cut / cut-back / destroy / remove / discontinue / phase-out / down-size / re-assign / trash / axe ...or otherwise ...get rid of.

....PUSH is not a 'major attraction' ...yet ...I can tell you from just my circle ...(family, friends, etc) that it's a MAJOR ''must see" ...each trip. I can't imagine that there aren't many others that feel the same way too.

...it saddens ...and at the same time infuriates me ...that the Disney "suits" ...don't think along the same line as their guests.

....they seem to be of the mindset ..."If it don't get us cash ...throw it in the trash"
    So very sad to see him go... we love watching for him, and then watching the interactions he's having once we find him. One of our favorite memories from last summer!! All these things being stripped away are why our trips are becoming fewer and farther between....
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

So I've gotten a little more info and it seems the issue is basically a contract dispute between the person who invented and owns the rights to Push and the Disney Corp. I don't have much more than that, but from what I hear the owner wants more money than TDO wants to pay. But I'm also hearing this is a contract dispute that could be resolved allowing Push to continue. The best way to insure that is like with any grassroots campaign - get on twitter with the hashtag #savepush and there's a new FB page for saving Push. Let your voice be heard.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

So I've gotten a little more info and it seems the issue is basically a contract dispute between the person who invented and owns the rights to Push and the Disney Corp. I don't have much more than that, but from what I hear the owner wants more money than TDO wants to pay. But I'm also hearing this is a contract dispute that could be resolved allowing Push to continue. The best way to insure that is like with any grassroots campaign - get on twitter with the hashtag #savepush and there's a new FB page for saving Push. Let your voice be heard.

Will do! Thanks for the info, Chris.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a Disney spokesperson has told the Orlando Sentinel that PUSH isn't going anywhere. Hope it's true!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Looks like a Disney spokesperson has told the Orlando Sentinel that PUSH isn't going anywhere. Hope it's true!
    The behind the scenes stuff is interesting. The owner/inventor didn't expect Disney to be willing to cut Push and that they were has driven him to get a deal done, but Disney is also seeing the trending of "save push" on social media. They're already catching a ton of flack over the FP+ debacle and don't want more negative publicity which is driving them to get a deal done. So, things are looking positive, but nothing is settled yet. It looks like they won't end Push tomorrow, though, but will let him hang on until/if things are completely settled.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

The behind the scenes stuff is interesting. The owner/inventor didn't expect Disney to be willing to cut Push and that they were has driven him to get a deal done, but Disney is also seeing the trending of "save push" on social media. They're already catching a ton of flack over the FP+ debacle and don't want more negative publicity which is driving them to get a deal done. So, things are looking positive, but nothing is settled yet. It looks like they won't end Push tomorrow, though, but will let him hang on until/if things are completely settled.
    Chris, do you have any idea what sort of money the inventor was asking? Sometimes people overvalue these things and I don't blame any corporation from playing a little hardball either. I don't blame the inventor for taking advantage of Disney's PR issues, but don't get too greedy either.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: