Quantcast Poly Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Poly Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poly Question

Has anyone stayed at or visited the Poly since they started in on construction of the DVC?

We are currently planning a trip for November and just can't decide which resort. However, this will be a special trip for us and we have always thought it would be at the Poly. That was before they announced the DVC though.

We stayed at AK while they were building the DVC and it was not anything you noticed, is this the same for Poly? If not, what are the cons to staying there during this construction?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We were just there in December 2013. There was no impact from the DVC construction for us. The resort is big enough that, unless we took a wrong turn, we did not even notice the work zone.

We debated long and hard about staying at the Poly, but in the long run we are happy we stayed there. The resort is very beautiful. Lush green plants/trees all around the property. The ability to use the monorail was great.

Good luck with you choice and have a great time
    First WDW Trip 1984
    30+ Trips since 1984
    Disneyland 4 Visits
    Disneyland Paris 2010
    40th Wedding Anniversary December 2013
    Disney Cruises 2: Magic 2005, Fantasy 2012
    Last Trip November 2019

Post Thanks / Like

I would be ready for increased work on the east side of the resort, the area from the Great Ceremonial House all the way to the beach (including the whole pool deck area) to be under construction and sections of the Great Ceremonial House to be closed for renovation. The pool area is currently scheduled to close in AUgust and be closed a year. Also the Kids club will is scheduled to be closed from this January 28th for the remainder of 2014.

Post Thanks / Like

which of the two pools would be effected by the construction?
    4/2015 polynesian
    5/2014 contemporary
    2/2012 WL
    9/2008 AKL
    9/2006 Boardwalk Inn
    9/2005 pop
    9/2003 movies
    1990 contemporary
    1981 polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by txmouse View Post
    which of the two pools would be effected by the construction?
    The volcano pool is the one that will be closed and maybe as long as a year. As Tikiman says, the construction will become more extensive from this point onward.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

We are booked club level for Oct for the Poly (first time club). We have called WDW and the Poly 5 times trying to figure out if we should change our plans. Especially now that I read the volcano pool will be closed starting in Sept. Everytime we call we get nowhere. The last call to the Poly I got a not so nice CM when I asked what's going on and will it be effecting my stay. Her answer was "Yes there is construction going on what else do you want me to say". I said staying in club level is not cheap and special. She told me that construction will be going on in the day but don't worry nothing will happen at night Long story short my family and I agree I think we are going to change our hotel to the CR. Such a shame too b/c we love the Poly.
    If you can dream it you can do it!!!

01,02,03,04,05 x3 (plus Disneyland),06,08,10,11,12

Been there done that going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EpcotChic23 View Post
    We are booked club level for Oct for the Poly (first time club). We have called WDW and the Poly 5 times trying to figure out if we should change our plans. Especially now that I read the volcano pool will be closed starting in Sept. Everytime we call we get nowhere. The last call to the Poly I got a not so nice CM when I asked what's going on and will it be effecting my stay. Her answer was "Yes there is construction going on what else do you want me to say". I said staying in club level is not cheap and special. She told me that construction will be going on in the day but don't worry nothing will happen at night Long story short my family and I agree I think we are going to change our hotel to the CR. Such a shame too b/c we love the Poly.
    And a reminder, you did not talk to the Poly you talked to a person in the call centre which could be in one of several locations that are nowhere near WDW. The CM only has the info provided to them and very likely no direct experience with the construction. They wouldn't be able to tell you more than they did.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

As it goes with construction, anywhere (not just in Disney), plans and timelines can change at any time. And will likely change multiple times. Given the extent of the construction and refurb going on at the resort I would pick another resort till it's all complete.

The Polynesian is an expensive place to stay. I can't imagine paying those prices and not knowing for sure what will be happening during my vacation. It's hard to pin point exactly what will be happening during any given week in a year. Weather, along with many other issues, can throw off a construction schedule. The pool referb dates have changed several times already. Everything is too uncertain at this point to spend that kind of money on lodging, in my opinion.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I did originally call the "call center" and they transferred me to the Poly itself. They did the same for my mom. It is just a shame how they are treating us. We fully understand they can not give us a time table but we don't understand how numerous web sites have more details from their "source" and Disney themselves have no clue. They have been rude to us on the phone which I think is more disappointing then not having answers.
    If you can dream it you can do it!!!

01,02,03,04,05 x3 (plus Disneyland),06,08,10,11,12

Been there done that going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EpcotChic23 View Post
    I did originally call the "call center" and they transferred me to the Poly itself. They did the same for my mom. It is just a shame how they are treating us. We fully understand they can not give us a time table but we don't understand how numerous web sites have more details from their "source" and Disney themselves have no clue. They have been rude to us on the phone which I think is more disappointing then not having answers.
    Have you been contacted by the Island Planning Office? If you are club level guests they should contact you and provide you with the club level email and phone number to contact them any time. That phone number does get you in touch with someone at the resort.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: