Quantcast Frozen - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Frozen

Post Thanks / Like

If you view the parody, make sure to have the subtitles on. The singer is German and can be hard to understand.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    If you view the parody, make sure to have the subtitles on. The singer is German and can be hard to understand.
    Google is failing me LOL... I came across two parodies... One mocking animation going from hand drawn to CGI and the other mocking Disney songs being sung in a low voice only to get higher pitched later LOL... The one making fun of Frozen is pretty fun, and sadly accurate....

Oh Google, why do you do this to me? LOL
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I know I already posted on this thread but I must say over the past few days I've been obsessed with the songs "Do you want to build a snowman?" and "Let it go". I also plan on seeing Frozen for the second time this weekend
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arielfan98 View Post
    I know I already posted on this thread but I must say over the past few days I've been obsessed with the songs "Do you want to build a snowman?" and "Let it go". I also plan on seeing Frozen for the second time this weekend
    Stephanie and I saw it for the 3rd time this week.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Very catchy songs, it hasn't caught my interest though. Everyone else in the house likes to watch it.

Post Thanks / Like

We saw Frozen for the second time this past weekend. I just can't get enough of it!

The story and characters are very touching, and I love the music... all of it. It does have a Broadway-esque feel, and I think it's a great departure from traditional Disney movies.

Can't wait until it comes out on Blu-Ray in March!!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Loved the movie. Better the second time around in 3D -- I saw amazing details I didn't even notice in 2D.

Now:

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    One thing that stands out to me about the "Frozen" soundtrack is that nobody -- especially no child -- will be able to sing along with "Let it Go." (At least, no normal person will.) It's no different than how no normal person can really sing along with "Defying Gravity," perhaps Menzel's signature song.

It's so inaccessible, and it required a voice like Menzel's for it to work. ... Should the creators of these movies worry about whether that elementary-school kid could sing along? Or do we just want to hear the best singing come from the screen? If it's the latter, Menzel was the perfect choice.
    Jared, Jared, Jared. You must not spend that much time with young girls. For weeks, I have heard girls all around me, everywhere, singing this song. When we went to see the movie for the second time over the weekend, there were girls singing along in the theater. Later at a family bowling outing, girls were singing along when it was piped in over the speakers (one girl was singing while twirling around, with her arms out, looking at the ceiling -- it was adorable).

Yes, Idina Menzel has a stupendous voice, but it's really not an "unsingable" song. Next time you're in the grocery store and they play it, pay attention in the aisles. You'll probably find at least one young girl perfectly able and more than willing to carry the tune.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post

Jared, Jared, Jared. You must not spend that much time with young girls. For weeks, I have heard girls all around me, everywhere, singing this song. When we went to see the movie for the second time over the weekend, there were girls singing along in the theater. Later at a family bowling outing, girls were singing along when it was piped in over the speakers (one girl was singing while twirling around, with her arms out, looking at the ceiling -- it was adorable).

Yes, Idina Menzel has a stupendous voice, but it's really not an "unsingable" song. Next time you're in the grocery store and they play it, pay attention in the aisles. You'll probably find at least one young girl perfectly able and more than willing to carry the tune.
    Agree.

If this movie had come out when my DD was 7 instead of when she was 21 I would have been hearing "Let it Go" night and day. I went through it with her and all of her friends for an entire school year (if not longer) with "My Heart Will Go On" from Titanic. Little girls love to belt out big songs, with lots of drama and emotion.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkwest View Post
    Agree.

If this movie had come out when my DD was 7 instead of when she was 21 I would have been hearing "Let it Go" night and day. I went through it with her and all of her friends for an entire school year (if not longer) with "My Heart Will Go On" from Titanic. Little girls love to belt out big songs, with lots of drama and emotion.
    Yep. My 5yo and 2yo sing it day and night. They may sound like a 5 and 2 year old, but that doesn't stop them from singing (or their mother).
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

I heard a young girl (like 7 or so) belting out "Let it Go" in the Disney Store over the weekend. She sounded incredible!

I've been practicing it myself, and while it's quite demanding on my vocal chords, I can sing it. DH loves it, but I think I need A LOT of work!

Oh yeah... saw it a THIRD time this weekend!!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

I think the music was a real winner in this one. Fresh composers (husband/wife team with small children of their own).

That said, those wonderful songs are embedded in my brain in loop that won't quit. Especially 'Love is an Open Door'. I need to listen to an extended cut of 'Small World' to replace it.

PS - the 'alto's lament' parody is very funny and creative, just don't watch with your kid on your lap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Springs View Post
    That said, those wonderful songs are embedded in my brain in loop that won't quit. Especially 'Love is an Open Door'. I need to listen to an extended cut of 'Small World' to replace it.
    No kidding! I wake up in the middle of the night, and my brain suddenly decides to ask if I want to build a snowman, and then I can't go back to sleep for an hour.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Saw it with the family and everyone loved it. As soon as the credits rolled, my friend said this is destined for Broadway. Sure enough.... it's going to be great.

Stayed through the credits and laughed at the end scene.

Post Thanks / Like

DN wants a Frozen party, but no one has the supplies. Can't find the Kristoff or Hans dolls either.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

We saw it yesterday...loved loved loved it!!! The songs were a little extensive but the story line and animation was fantastic!

10 days!!!!
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by i'm grumpy View Post
    DN wants a Frozen party, but no one has the supplies. Can't find the Kristoff or Hans dolls either.
    Have you tried searching on Etsy for party supplies? I've found that a lot of things really popular with kids take a little while to get official party supplier but the crafters on Etsy usally have lots of options. I had to do that for my son's MineCraft party.

Do a search on Etsy and use "frozen party" or "frozen party supplies". It will bring up lots of options.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I talk about my feelings on the film in our most recent podcast. If you're interested (although I can't imagine why you would be ) you should check it out.

Suffice it to say I'm a tad confused by all the love.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was really surprised it was a Princess movie, too! Judging from the preview we thought it was about the silly snowman. Regardless, my dd13 LOVED it and searched out the sheet music for the soundtrack and plays it on the piano, constantly!

It's THE thing at her middle school. DD11 was less impressed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    Have you tried searching on Etsy for party supplies? I've found that a lot of things really popular with kids take a little while to get official party supplier but the crafters on Etsy usally have lots of options. I had to do that for my son's MineCraft party.

Do a search on Etsy and use "frozen party" or "frozen party supplies". It will bring up lots of options.
    Some very cute items.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Let It Go is essentially on constant repeat in our house at the moment. What's kind of interesting is that it's really our three year old twins driving it as opposed to my sixth grade daughter.

Even funnier is that my oldest daughter teaches dance and her ballet class is all made up of three and four year old girls. She put Let It Go on for them to illustrate some movements and she said they all went NUTS ... they knew all the words, sang along with the song, danced, and generally flipped out.

It's definitely a rage.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: