Quantcast Team Mickey is Closing...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Team Mickey is Closing...

Just read in the sentinel that Team Mickey is closing and it is going to be turned into a girl store. I understand marketing and supply and demand but Team Mickey was one of the only ways that I could convince DSs to shop with me. Total bummer.....
    Next trip - New Years 2018!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I never bought anything there but always spent time browsing. I guess I'll kind of miss it.
    șoș Joe șoș
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

Team Mickey is my boys' favorite and really the only reason we went to DTD lately. My family will miss it.

It is being replaced by The Marketplace Co Op
    • At opening it will be divided into six spaces:
    • Beautifully Disney – A beauty destination for woman featuring make-up, fragrance and beauty accessories.
    • Cherry Tree Lane - Accessories for the sophisticated woman with a passion for scarves, shoes, bags and jewelry.
    • D-Tech on Demand – A place to personalize and customize your own electronic accessories.
    • The Trophy Room- Vintage inspired, lifestyle sports apparel and collectibles.
    • Centerpiece - Home product for Guests that want a splash of Disney in their room furnishings, textiles and everyday ware.
    • Zoey and Pickles - A girls’ destination containing the latest trends and glamour for the up and coming fashionista.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

That kinda stinks! I believe that is the store my DH made his remote control Mater. We spent several hours in there on our last trip doing Mater and then one for my DD. We hoped to pick up additional accessories on our next trip.

British Columbia, Canada (3408 miles from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a bad idea. The male disney fans need a place to shop too! My boys love this store!
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

DCL 2008 Mexico, 2011 Alaska, 2013 Caribbean
    WDW 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Disneyland 2015, 2004,1993,1992, 1991,1973

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Very disappointing news. We love Team Mickey in our male dominated household.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. Sad to see something for boys is leaving. Will the ridemakerz section be leaving as well? Or will it get a kiosk?
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

The latest plans show world of disney is going to be larger then ever maybe thats where all the sports stuff will end up and maybe ridemakerz too who knows. but it is sad to see ... i never spent money there because my teams werent represented but i still liked to walk around there.
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

Wow - that is very disappointing to me. One of the guaranteed places where they can make a sale from at least one, if not all, our family members each trip. And usually a pretty pricey one!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVED THAT STORE!!! To see it go and for what another girly store. I guess the girls are very important to Disney. It seems everything is being geared towards the girls. Wow sad, but true. I do like the idea of the "centerpiece" store. I have always loved the stores that had things for the house, but they have a whole other side to downtown Disney to make those new stores. Team Mickey was a classic for us. I guess like everything else they just move on with change and don't really care who it affects. Maybe they really are trying to push the boy’s/men towards the Universal side…
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Being a male, I can honestly say I never bought a thing in that store. I would walk around in it, but nothing interested me enough to buy. I could get the mens polos in just about any other gift shop.

I would much rather go to a Sporting goods store than buy anything sports related at Disney. When I think Disney, sports doesn't come to my mind.

Honestly they need a vintage store there. Somewhere you could buy things with the old Disney logos. I would love a t-shirt or hat with any of the old Epcot logos like...The Land, The Living Seas, Horizons, or Journey Into Imagination. They could also have prints of past attractions, camera straps, even create women's scarves or purses using the logos similar to a Vera Bradley.

I think this would be a very big hit.
    Love my Pittsburgh Penguins and Penn State Nittany Lions !!!!

October 08 - Honeymoon CBR
    Wilderness Lodge- October 2010

CBR - Oct 2012
    Beach Club - Sept 2014

Post Thanks / Like

That's too bad about the closing. I guess girls buy more stuff than guys, so Disney is just meeting customer demand.

I do regret that they are eliminating more and more adult gift items. I used to love shopping at DTD, but now it's just a walk-through for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like only the one store will be girl oriented, the rest are geared towards adults. I'm excited about the home goods store! Reading the blog there will also be the Trophy Room which will have sports clothing. And it points out that there's a whole men's section at World of Disney. That's where DH usually shops.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: